Systems

You quickly spun around, making yourself a tad dizzy with the alcohol in your system. Graham and Ryan were with Missy, Yaz and the doctor now. Missy of course was holding an amused grin while the others looked disappointed more than anything. Except for the doctor who just looked pissed off and that made you slightly scared. You didn't need a shouting today.

"No..I didn't wander off...erm..." you lied, trying to think up some story.

You tried to lean against the wall with your arm but missed in your tipsy state and ended up stumbling a little before you quickly grabbed the wall again, laughing nervously. You cleared your throat which was burning from chugging a load of whiskey. You started grinning at how stupid you were to miss the wall and couldn't help but snigger. You always got like this when drinking. But you cleared your throat again and forced yourself to shut up.

"I was just...walking reeeaaalllyy slowly and couldn't keep up so by the time you guys got back, I was still in the same place. Here." You grinned at how stupid that lie was but it was the best you could come up with.

You could only use the excuse of getting lost so many times. And the doctor knew how badly you really reacted to getting lost. It was always obvious you were lying.

"You were walking slowly?" The doctor repeated, raising a brow.

"It was like...slow motion slow" you said, trying to hold back a laugh at your own excuse.

Missy giggled a little at the stupid lie. You couldn't help the smile tug on your lips as well and everyone else behind the doctor were holding back sniggers.

"I think that's the worst lie you've come up with yet" the doctor said in a stern voice.

Unfortunately that sternness wasn't very well portrayed as everyone else broke into laughter. You sniggered but quickly remembered that there were robots that could catch you guys any second. You looked at everyone and saw how the doctors body was still and tense as she held her glare at you. She opened her mouth to shout at you but you quickly interrupted.

"Guys we need to be quiet. Robots remember" you said, looking around to look out for any robots but also to not have to face the doctor's looks.

Missy laughed, walking up to you, and giving the doctor an amused look. The doctor sighed, walking as well. You turned around, trying to look anywhere but the doctor's hard eyes.

"Umm...Shall we take a look 'round then?" You asked quietly.

"I think that'd be great" Missy grinned, walking past you.

You turned around and followed her quickly, avoiding the doctor. But that didn't stop her from having a go at you.

"I can't believe you wandered off again! Even after everything I've said in the past. I've actually lost count of the number of times you've wandered off on your own accord" the doctor whispered angrily from behind you.

"Can we not do this now please?" You asked a little in annoyance.

"Can we not wander off now please!" The doctor mockingly replied. "Now or ever again"

You sighed, not answering back. You could practically feel the doctor's eyes burn holes on your back. And you were too scared to look back at her.

"Walked in slow motion! That's the worst lie I've ever heard!" The doctor grumbled.

"Relax doctor, she's fine" Missy shrugged.

"You don't know how many times she's wandered off on her own Missy!" Was she replied angrily.

You winced at her anger. You were just happy that you were in a place where she couldn't shout at you.

"Well I expect a proper explanation when we get back to the TARDIS from you. Why you wandered off, where you went and what you did! Okay?" The doctor told you sternly.

You swallowed, not sure what you would say. There was no way you were going to tell her about the alcohol. She'll have a fit! But not answering got the doctor more frustrated.

"(Y/n) okay!" She asked again in frustration.

You were too scared to open your mouth and answer so just slowly bobbed your head up and down. You bit your lip, really wanting to take a shot you had in your pocket to distract you from this whole situation but you couldn't. Instead you tried to just focus on something, anything else. And so when Missy gasped and you saw a huge smile and her eyes practically twinkling you got exited and slightly relieved.

"I think I've found the controls room" Missy smiled, walking faster now. "We might be able to find something in there"

You all followed down behind her. Inside was one big room full of several computers and one big screen on the wall. The room was quite large and had some sort of space map on it. You assumed it was the route the ship was supposed to be on.

"These systems might have some information on what's going on here" the doctor said, getting out her sonic and working on one of the computers.

You walked over to the map, seeing a router out line. This ship seemed to have travelled far then.

When the big screen on the wall lit up your head snapped towards it. There were loads of dates and information in the systems. You narrowed your eyes as you read them all.

"Hang on. Are these dates correct?" You asked.

"Yes" The doctor replied.

"Even the present day date at the bottom?" You asked.

"Everything's correct." Missy replied, reading over the information.

You furrowed your brows. The information must have been wrong. There must have been something wrong with the systems. This didn't make any sense.

"But...that means this ship landed in the planet almost six months ago" you said in confusion.

"Yes it does. I knew the gravity was too perfect" Missy muttered.

"So why is everyone still on the ship if we've landed already?" Graham asked.

No one answered and this gave you some time to think. There must be some reason why everyone was still forced to stay on the ship. The robots were programmed to help get humanity to the planet, not entrap them. There must have been something you were missing.