Cleaning up

You practically ran back to your room, closing the door behind you. You sighed, knowing that this wasn't something the doctor would just drop. You turned around, walking further into your room.

And then you saw it. Your bedsheets all covered and stained with your blood. You stared at the sight, shakily taking a few steps towards it, knowing you'd just self harmed really badly there and tried to kill yourself. You scrunched up your face as you placed a hand on the sheets, feeling the still damp fabric beneath your fingers.

"This is so messed up" you whispered to yourself, placing your other hand down too.

You moved to one corner of the bed, undoing the crimson stained sheets and throwing it into the middle of the bed. You moved over to the next corner, feeling the blood still warm as it oozed out of the material and covered your hands. You nearly gagged at the feeling, quickly getting the sheets out from under the mattress and into the middle of the bed.

"Jesus Christ this is...something" you whispered, whipping your hands slightly on an unstained part of the sheets.

You moved over to the third corner to gather the sheets and there it lay, just as you remember dropping it. The silver blade that had caused so much pain and taken so much away all at once. It was still covered with your blood, the liquid drying at the edges.

You stared at it for a good few of seconds, not really sure what to do. You stepped towards it, reaching out to grab it when suddenly a pale skinned hand lifted it away from the pool of blood and away from you. You looked up and saw the doctor taking the blade.

"I'd better keep this" she said.

She was so quiet you didn't even hear her come in after you or even notice her standing next to you. You stared at the pocket knife, knowing that one day you'd probably try and do this all over again which would be a little more difficult without a knife but you knew how to compensate. You'd been beaten by so many different objects it was only natural for you to take notes on what you could use in times when you needed things.

The doctor saw you staring and sighed, making you snap out of it and quickly turn back to the sheets.

"(Y/n) it's to make sure you don't do this again" the doctor said, moving over to you.

"I know" you replied, gathering the sheets from the corner of the bed to the middle.

You walked over to the last corner, feeling the blood drench the fabric. You groaned a little in disgust, scrunching up your nose and pulling the sheets out. It was like your whole room was full of your blood, reminding you of what you did; as though your scars didn't already do that for you. It even smelt like the metallic and iron of your blood in the room and the sooner you cleaned this up, the better.

You moved the sheets to the middle of the bed, gathering it all together and attempting to pick them up.

"Here, let me help" the doctor said, taking ahold of your sheets.

"It's fine really doctor" you protested.

Of course she didn't listen and insisted. She already was practically carrying half of the load. You looked back, seeing even your matress covered in blood.

"God, how much blood did I loose?" You asked, staring at everything.

"Too much. That's why we're not doing this again are we" The doctor told you, as if speaking to a child.

"I'm not a kid doctor" you sighed, moving towards the door "where do you keep the washing machine?" You asked.

"It's just down the corridor on the left" the doctor said.

You nodded, walking backwards as you tried navigating towards the door with the large pile of sheets in your arms. You stopped a little at the doorframe, seeing a glistening bottle under your bed, knowing it was the alcohol you'd got last night. Good to know there was something else to keep your mind of knives now, even if it would kiss the doctor off a lot.

You quickly continued to walk, realising that the doctor might start to question why you'd stopped and would confiscate that too! And you really didn't want her to be pissed with you again or for you to be going crazy over a drink. You weren't addicted, you could stop whenever you wanted. But the problem was, you didn't want to stop. Okay...maybe that meant you were addicted, but still you weren't!

You sighed, shaking your head as you continued walking, looking past your shoulder as to not bump into anything.

"It's the next room down there" the doctor said.

You nodded, seeing the door to the room. That's when it suddenly came over you.

"Oh god!" You almost shouted if you didn't shut yourself up, looking around.

"What! What is it?" The doctor asked urgently, trying to look over the pile of patchy red sheets.

"Is anyone else awake? I don't want them to see all this" you said, making sure none of the others were up.

The doctor let a small sigh of relief exit her lips as you both continued walking, you quickening your pace to the door and hoping no one would see this.

"They're all asleep (y/n)" the doctor reassured you.

You nodded in relief, knowing that you didn't wake them up or something. You moved to the room, and with difficulty, opened up the doors, placing the sheets into the washing machines that stood in perfect unison.

You looked over to the doctor and saw that some of the blood had smudged onto her shirt. It was just a normal random shirt, not one of the outfit she usually wears but it was still ruined.

"Oh, I'm really sorry, your shirts completely messed up" you apologised.

"Nah don't worry about it. And, don't worry about your bed or anything, the TARDIS will sort that out. It'll take a while though so there's a spare bedroom next to the candy floss room if you want to go back to sleep" the doctor told you.

You smiled at the thought of the candy floss room. You stumbled upon it a few times and the last time you ended up in there you got a sticky and fluffy mess all in your clothes and hair.

"Nah that's alright. I might just go take a stroll around the TARDIS" you said.

"Still not going to tell me everything then" she said, raising an eyebrow.

You sighed, turning away and walking down the corridors, taking a long needed stroll to clear your head and wash your hands off your own blood.