Convince

You stepped forward a little more, your legs shaking slightly from fear of this creature. It smiled as it stared up at you, grinning. You rolled your eyes, as to die your discomfort.

"Come on. We need to leave before the bombs go off" you simply said, opening the door.

It sat still, smiling at you. You furrowed your eyebrows, watching it.

"Do you want to die here?" You asked sarcastically, chuckling a little.

When he didn't reply you swallowed a little, straightening your face. You looked at it, watching as it shook its head.

"Come with me. We don't have much time" you said more seriously.

It continued to stare.

"You are in so much pain." It said.

You shifted on your feet a little, straightening up a little.

"I'm good at hiding it." You commented quietly "how did you know?"

"I can...feel it...feel everyone...everything...." it said, closing its eyes, breathing deeply before looking at you again.

"Does it hurt you?" You asked in a little concern.

It looked up at you, confused. You watched it, your face full with worry. If anyone felt the pain you were feeling that was not good, no one deserves that.

"Why?" It asked.

"Because it sure as hell hurts me and I don't want anyone else feeling like this" you replied.

"Yet sometimes you cause the pain to yourself" it said.

You stared at him, swallowing a little. You looked down, shifting your weight on your feet.

"Maybe..." you replied.

"But sometimes you want more than to simply cause self harm" it smirked evilly at you.

You sighed, closing your eyes. You folded your arms over your chest in discomfort.

"I...erm..tried to kill myself only a few hours ago..." you said "I was sitting on the edge of my balcony and was about to jump. I hoped to drink enough so I wouldn't have to think about it and I'd just be able to jump and...let it all end......stop the pain...." you said in a voice just over a whisper.

"You could stop the pain here. End it all and you won't ever feel anything again." It said "you'd be at peace"

You looked up at it, staring. You contemplated staying and he nearly convinced you. You heard a bang coming from above and the building shook. You knew your time was up and you had to leave as the bombs had already started to go off. Debris started falling around you as the bangs grew in numbers and noise.

"I could stay...." you whispered.

Only for the door to swing fully open and the doctor to come storming in.

"Oh no you don't! We are not staying and ending it all no matter what (y/n). You're coming with me. We have to leave now, before the building collapses in on us" the doctor said sternly.

"I erm....wasn't...." you stuttered, failing to find words.

You stared at the creature that still refused to move.

"Doctor I've tried to convince him to come with me and save himself but he won't move. He won't listen" you told the doctor.

She turned around, facing it. The building shook as you heard another bomb go off. Light dust and debris fluttered down from the roof.

"This is your last chance. We need to go. Come with us!" The doctor warned.

It shook its head to which the doctor sighed, moving towards the doors. You stared at the creature, not truly believing he would stay. Even after everything you didn't want him to just die.

"(Y/n) there's nothing we can do. Those creatures are poisonous to the touch so I can't even physically move it. We need to get out of here! Now!" The doctor urgently said.

You didn't move from your frozen state, staring at the creature that had locked its black eyes on you. That was until another blast was heard and you felt the doctor's hand hold your hand to drag you out. You instantly screamed, fearing any physical contact, moving your hand away as though it'd touched something burning hot. You were trembling as you moved away, falling to the ground and backing up against the wall. You started to panic, your breathing instantly raised and your chest hurting from the heart rate.

"(Y/n) I'm sorry, I'm sorry." the doctor said softly as she crouched in front of your shaking, curled up body on the floor. "But we need to go now"

You looked up, nodding while trying to take heaps of air to calm yourself down. You stood up with the doctor and ran to the door, only for you to turn for a second back to the creature, giving it a pleading look to come with you. It simply shook its head to which you sighed ant turned back around, running with the doctor. You continued to sprint down the corridors, watching as the bombs detonated behind you and the walls set aflame.

You covered your ears as a bomb set off really close to you. You luckily didn't get hit or burnt but the walls of the building started to crumble and more debris, larger now, started to collapse around you.

"Come on (y/n)" the doctor shouted, running ahead of you.

You caught to keep up. You didn't stop running for the life of you. Your legs and your lungs burnt with every step and breath. But you couldn't stop. The place was crumbling around you with bombs setting off just meters away from you. You saw the roof start to cave in and you somehow managed to find the strength to speed up, avoiding the thick falling concrete and the sharp shards of crystal.

You sprinted to the exit, trying to breath but coughing as fine particles of debris got stuck in your throat. The doctor struggled too but you continued to run. You saw the light of outside getting brighter and closer as you continued to run away from the caving in roof. A huge boulder from the roof narrowly missed you as you stepped out into the bright, greenery.

You ran a little further and turned around to see the entire spire collapsing into nothing but rubble. You fell you your knees in exhaustion and fatigue, laying down in the soft green grass, staring up at the orange clouds and the slightly darkening sky as you took deep breaths. You winced a little at the contact with the ground as it hit a few old bruises. You ignored it and chuckled a little, smiling at the thought of having saved a planet again after so many years.

You looked to your left and saw the doctor sat down, panting as well. You looked up to see the rubble of the building letting off plumes of smoke and dust. You flopped your head back on the soft grass, closing your eyes as you regained your oxygen.

You smiled in the gleam of the sunset on your face as you lay breathing in another saved planet's air, realising just how much you'd missed this. All of this.