Theif

You start to feel a little sick so head back to the gravitational ground. You were going to call the others but they all seemed to be having so much fun you didn't want to drag them off. You smiled, turning around and trying to head as close to the ground as you could. You failed in doing so and when you crossed the barrier, you fell from quite a height onto your knees.

"Ouch" you winced, standing up.

You surprisingly didn't injure yourself too badly but did get some strange stares your way. You turned and looked up to your friends, smiling at them all having fun. You giggled, waving at Yaz as she looked down.
It didn't take long for them all to come down, deciding they'd had enough.

"Had enough already?" You mused, smiling at them all.

"Why'd you stop so quickly? That was awesome!" Ryan smiled, turning around and looking up at the floating people.

"Felt kinda sick. Bit too much floating about for me" you smiled.

The doctor nodded. You looked over to Yaz who was trying to avoid eye contact with the doctor, obviously taken aback by the whole doctor helping her situation. You took a mental note to make sure you gave Yaz a little nod in the right direction towards the doctor too.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a loud voice booming across the place.

"STOP THAT KID!!!" The voice shouted.

You all looked at each other for a second before running over to the voice. Suddenly a small child bumped into you, causing you both to stumble a bit before he ran behind you, holding onto you for dear life. A figure dressed in what looked like space police clothing cane up to you five.

"Hand over the child!" The man said sternly.

You looked at him in confusion then realised that the small child hiding behind you was who he was talking about. But you weren't exactly going to just give a small child away like that.

"Why?" The doctor asked in a demanding and authorising voice.

"He has committed a dreadful crime! We do not tolerate stealing!" The man replied.

You turned around and knelt to reach the boys height. You put your hands on his shoulders and looked at him with a soft expression.

"Is this true? Did you steal?" You asked softly.

He nodded his head, holding his head down. You sighed as he pulled out a loaf of bread from behind his back. You got the bread from him.

"Stealing isn't the right thing to do you know that" you said to him.

"I was hungry" he simply replied.

Your heart swelled and your eyes saddened. You breathed a deep breath, hugging the boy before turning around and getting up. You gave the policeman the bread.

"Sorry about that officer" you said, looking back at the boy behind you sadly.

"The boy will come with me" The man said.

Your eyes hardened at the man.

"Why? He's given the bread back!" Yaz said, you stepping in front of the boy.

"He will be put behind bars and will face justice!" He replied sternly

"What for stealing a loaf of bread! He was hungry! He won't do it again we'll make sure" you said just as sternly.

He stared at you then moved forward, towering over your body. You still stood in front of the boy, not moving an inch.

"Hand him over" he simply said.

You stared at him, clenching your teeth.

"No!" You replied.

For a few seconds he stood staring at you, breathing heavily, most likely out of the anger. Suddenly, he took a swing and his fist hit your jaw, making you stumble to the side and shout in pain. You stood frozen in your turned position, taking in what had just happened as the others rushed to your side. Yaz, being the policewoman she was, grabbed the man and held him still.

"Wow...I'm awake now" you said, blinking before turning around to the man.

The doctor came to your side, placing a hand on your chin, lifting your head up so she could see the damage while Ryan and Graham were standing in front of the man, preventing him from coming any closer.

"(Y/n)! Are you okay?!" The doctor asked worriedly, checking over your already bruised jaw.

"I'm cool, don't worry about it" you smiled.

The doctor didn't believe you and was still checking over you. You smirked and started to pull all the weird and funny faces that you could. Some were a little painful to pull but you didn't want the doctor to be worried. The doctor stared at you and pulled a slight smile, sighing.

"Well, if you can pull that many faces you must be fine" she said softly.

Then she turned around, staring angrily at tha man. Once she'd fully turned around and she couldn't see you you raised your hand to your bruise, wincing a little at the pain.

"Right! No one, and I mean NO ONE hurts my friends! I understand that boy committed a crime but he's given it back! And you have no right to hit (y/n) like that, no matter who you are! I could report you to the shadow proclamation, see if you still have your job then!" The doctor seethed, crossing her arms and staring the man down.

He started laughing and pushed Yaz off with ease. She stumbled back then moved closer to you all. You all watched as he laughed maniacally.

"The boy is a special one. He would make a nice feast!" He said in a spooky voice.

You swallowed hard. Was catabolism a normal thing on this planet? Then his body started to change and transform into a huge grey creature with several limbs and three horns across its scalp. It was even bigger now than previously and it's razor sharp teeth made it look very intimidating. You sighed, shaking your head.

"You know, just for once I'd like a normal day out with you doctor." You sighed, staring at the ever changing figure in front of you.

"Well, Paris was normal" Yaz smiled, laughing nervously.

"Nah, That wasn't normal. I met my mum" you said absentmindedly.

Everyone stopped and stared at you. The doctor stared in absolute disbelief and shock.

"Mum? You met your mum?" She asked.

"Oh dear...I seem to have let the cat out the bag a little there..." you said, cursing under your breath. "I'll explain later" you quickly added, gesturing to the creature in front of you all.

They all turned back around, staring at the creature. It stared at you all, laughing again. You quickly turned around to find the boy was still hiding behind you with terrified eyes. Whatever that thing was, that boy seemed to have seen it before.