Peace

You couldn't help the smile that played on your features when you heard the phlox agree to talk. You looked at the doctor who had the same expression across her face.

"Right then! Luckily I do actually know the leader of this planet so there's no need to worry about who to talk to. Erm...how to get them all the way here though..." the doctor paced a little.

You saw the phlox give a genuine smile which warmed your heart a little. But that smile fell when you saw the horrid white lights again. However this time it wasn't you who was being teleported. The light was to the right of you, to which you turned and saw one of the people from outside next to you, looking dumbstruck.

"Aaah! Hello! I'm the doctor! This is (y/n) and these are the phlox. You're the leader...it was Erm...Ginnian right? Yes! That's right! Hello again ginnian! It's me! I know I look a little different. Regeneration and all" the doctor rambled.

Ginnian looked at the doctor in shock.

"Doctor?" He questioned.

She smiled and helped him stand up.

"Where am I?" He asked, looking around then locking eyes with the phlox and stumbling back a little in fear.

You watched the doctor try and calm him down "listen to me. It's fine. These people are called the phlox. Perhaps we should take a seat" the doctor said before you saw the light again and a table and two chairs appeared.

Ginnian and the phlox leader sat down on either side of the table, opposite each other. Ginnian still looked a little shaky.

"Ginnian, these people are called the phlox. I'm sorry your going to have to listen to this but it won't be a nice story. Many many generations before your own, these people. The phlox were once your own race. They looked like you..were you..lived with you, side by side. However...your earlier generations decided to outcast the phlox because they were deemed not good enough for this society. They were experimented on and turned to look like this. They were even forced to live within these mountains for years..meaning you had no idea about them. They want to live on their planet along side you once again." The doctor explained.

The phlox and Ginnian locked eyes. They saw an understanding within each other.

"How long have you been in these mountains for?" Ginnian asked, gulping and fighting back tears that glistened in the corners of his eyes.

"Many many hundreds of years" the phlox leader replied with its metallic voice. "We were just like you. We would give anything to look like you again and to simply be part of your world again" the phlox said.

"I didn't know..." Ginnian chocked.

"I know. The doctor and her human friend here has made us understand that now" the phlox smiled, looking at you and the doctor to which you both smiled back.

"We can start to negotiate the terms of your arrival back to the surface" Ginnian smiled.

The two conversed. The doctor smiled at their progress. But a question rigged the back of your mind which made your face fall into a small frown.

You turned around to the phlox behind you and smiled at them. Most were watching intently at the negotiations but one looked at you.

"Where is that woman who screamed? The woman in the music. Is she okay?" You asked.

The phlox smiled, their smiles becoming more genuine and loving and you started to grow on these phlox "she is safe. We stopped causing her the hurt after seeing you two. Would you like to see her?" She asked.

You smiled and nodded and saw the bright light and another phlox standing next to you. You smiled and her and she seemed to immediately know what was going on and saw the negotiations going on. She looked around in disbelief to the other phlox who smiled back at her. She looked at the doctor and then to you. You smiled as did she. You saw a glistening tear trickle down her face but you somehow knew they were tears of happiness.

She suddenly brought you straight into a hug to which you gladly returned. You smiled and felt genuinely the best you'd ever felt in many years.

"Thank you. You've made this possible" the phlox whispered it's metallic voice in your ear.

Your smile grew, "it was all the doctor really" you replied.

She hugged you tighter and then let go. Nodding a thanks. She then walked over to the doctor and hugged her. She looked at you in confusion as she hugged her back. You mouthed 'the screaming phlox in the music' to her. She made an o with her mouth and hugged the phlox tighter.

You sat on the floor and stared at the motivations going on, smiling at every decision they made.

This went on for a good few hours and finally they had finished negotiating and shook hands. You were now in front of all the people on the surface with the phlox leader and Ginnian talking to both their people who were now stood on the purple grasses conversing and starting a new life together in peace, side by side.

Yaz and Graham and Ryan were with you and the doctor as you sat back and watched them all work peacefully together.

"Right! Back to the TARDIS you lot" the doctor smiled, getting up.

You all stood up and followed the doctor to the beautiful blue box. You smiled as you looked into the sky which was dark in the night with three moons and two huge planets in the sky. You breathed in the breeze before entering after everyone into the TARDIS. You smiled tiredly. It had been a long day.

You watched the four converse about their adventures before turning back outside and admiring the view. People were alive! Alive and living happily together in the moonlights. You smiled. The view was breathtaking and heartwarming. To think that you made all this possible brought a tear to your eye.

It was moments like this that made you realise that life was worth living. Being alive is a privilege that you liked at this very moment and for once in a long time, you wanted to hold onto that privilege...to live...