Different

As you kept walking toward the person you couldn't help but question why she was here. The doctor said that no one was still on this planet anymore so what was she doing here? You thought that perhaps she got left behind. She did look upset. If that was the case you could just take her to the doctor and she'd give her a lift home, to her new home.

You walked up to her, her figure becoming more clearer. She had dark hair put up, and her eyes were the most amazing colour of blue. She was wearing a purple dress. She was so beautiful. Wait what?!

You cleared your throat a little, trying to ignore the fact thought that, your face already heating up. Your cough however seemed to grab the woman's attention, her eyes glancing over to you for a second before they swiftly went back to their original state. Her body was sat against the tree, her legs crossed and her fingers fiddling.

You moved over to her, sitting down next to her. You were sure to make sure you weren't touching her. But you were already a whole lot closer than you would have been with anyone else by sitting with her. And the strangest thing was that you for once didn't feel so afraid of her presence. She was different.

You looked at her properly. She had the most beautiful features. Her eyes were a wonderful light blue and her jawline was so perfect. She had rosey cheeks over her pale skin and her hair was wonderfully wavy and put up into some sort of messy high bun. She looked amazing.

You turned away quickly, your cheeks flaming. Why were you thinking like this? You barely knew her! You didn't know her!

Once you regained your composure you turned back around, and only then did you realise from the light glimmering off her tears on her cheeks and around her eyes. You frowned, hating seeing her like this. She was so amazing she shouldn't cry.

"Hello" you said, trying to make conversation "m..my name's (y/n)"

She didn't respond, which made you look down a little. You wanted to make her feel better. But to do that you needed to know why she was feeling like this.

"What's wrong?" You asked, looking at her in sadness.

When she didn't respond you sighed slightly, thinking back to what the doctor did every time you refused to talk to her.

"You know, if you tell me I might be able to help" you said.

"You can't help. No one can..." She chocked on her words, tears pooling in the corner of her eyes.

You frowned, keeping your eyes on her. She was really upset. And it broke your heart seeing her like this.

"You never know. I have quite amazing friends. They'll be able to help" you told her hopefully.

"Friends?...I used to have one...but he died. I...I saw him...dead in the smoke...lying on the battle field..." she let out a sharp sob, a tear rolling down from her crystal blue eyes.

Your eyes saddened even more and your heart broke in two. You felt so sorry for her. You knew loss more than anyone, the pain of loosing your father still raw. You knew how hard it was. And you knew how she felt. Because you felt that way every day.

You watched her cry, not knowing what to do. You thought about comforting her. She was crying, a hand placed over her mouth to stifle her sobs. And then it hit you, the way to comfort her. But you would have to be brave. Braver than you were. Just to place a hand on her comfortingly would soothe her but it would take so much bravery from you. The sheer thought of it hurting you.

You looked up, taking deep breaths. You could do this! She needed you. You couldn't just sit by and watch her cry.

You looked back at her, taking shaky and quickening breaths, your deep breathing preparations going in the trash. But your fear wasn't as strong as it was with other people. She was different, why was she different? You reached out a shaky hand, wincing and trying to hold back a scream of fear. God knows how that would look to her.

You held your breath as your tremoring hand reached her knee, placing your hand over it soothingly. At least for her it was soothing. You were scared shit. And you were shaking still shaking, almost on the verge of breaking down.

"Damn you're shaking more than I am" she chuckled softly, looking down at your shaking hand, her Scottish sounding accent coming through.

You released a breath, chuckling a little yourself. You both finally made eye contact, her head turning and facing yours. You stared deeply into her icy blue eyes as she gazed into your (e/c) eyes. You watched those old and beautiful looking eyes, almost seeing galaxies themselves in them. Just by gazing into her beautiful eyes your body started to calm down, your tremor finally coming to a halt. And you felt comfortable just being with her. You had no idea why you did but you liked it.

She smiled slightly, her tears drying a little in the sun that reflected perfectly over her features. She rested one of her hands over yours and your breath hitched. You felt strange in your stomach and your heart fluttered a little faster. But it wasn't fear you were feeling. You liked this. These butterflies, this woman.

You felt the heat rise up your neck and you watched her eyes deeply. You didn't know what was happening. You hadn't felt like this in a long time. So long that quite honestly you didn't even know what this meant.

"What's your name again?" The woman asked you.

You looked down to your connecting hands, and the surprise of how unafraid you were hit you. You weren't scared, you felt like you could trust this person. Even though your head was screaming at you to learn from the past, your heart was loving this so much. You actually for once enjoyed the feeling.

"(Y/n). My name's (y/n)(l/n)" you told her.

You looked back up, a smile tugging on your lips, as in hers.

"You?" You asked.

"Missy"