Up

You all looked at him with some concern and some confusion. He sighed, seeing your faces and shaking his head a little.

"What makes you think there are monsters up there?" The doctor asked.

"It's a story our forefathers have been telling us for generations. They cause these shakes. They are trying to disturb our world every time they shake our foundations. They claim the surface as theirs and if we ever go up there they'll kill us" he said.

"But...it's just a story" you said with furrowed brows.

He sighed, shaking his head.

"It was a long time ago that our ancestors went to the surface. But when they did, many didn't return. And the ones who did, they refused to go back again. They made it clear that it was dangerous up there. That there were monsters and to keep yourselves safe, you must keep yourselves where the monsters couldn't come, underground here. No one ever goes up there, it is dangerous. And yes it is try we have no idea what is up there, but we know it's dangerous. We have no intention of going back up, we're all safe and happy here. We check those tunnels you were found in every few hours, ensuring no one goes up the holes to the surface." Szoch told you.

You nodded, now really wanting to go up and see the surface now. But you knew you weren't allowed. You promised you wouldn't wander off and you didn't want to annoy the doctor. Not when she was in such a good mood with you.

"Well, like we said, our services are still available. We'd like to help in any way possible" the doctor said.

"That's very kind of you doctor. Perhaps you may be able to find some way of making our food crops grow faster or in bigger quantities" the general said.

The doctor nodded and Szoch called for Alana again. She came over and was told to take you all to the garden where all the food was grown. Alana nodded and immediately took you all with her.

You followed her and again couldn't help but stare at the holes in the roof. You really really really wanted to go up them. You'd promised not to walk off on your own though. But then again, if someone else came with you then you wouldn't be on your own. A smile grew on your face and you held Missy back, holding her by the arm gently. She looked at you in confusion and you waited for the others to have walked on ahead before you looked back up at her.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothings wrong. I'm just wondering...do you wanna see what's up on the surface with me?" You asked.

She grinned, chuckling a little as she looked over to the increasingly far away doctor. She then looked back to you with a raised brow.

"Not telling the doctor?" She asked.

You remained quiet, letting out a nervous laugh. You just hoped she wouldn't snitch on you to the doctor.

"Didn't you promise you wouldn't just walk off on your own?" She asked with a smirk.

"Well...that's why I'm asking you to come with me. Then I won't be on my own." You said.

She chuckled, shaking her head at you. You rolled your eyes, groaning.

"Come on Missy, don't you want to know what's up there? There are loads of holes in the roof just waiting to be climbed up. Please,I wanna know what's up there" you pleaded, shaking Missy a little.

She laughed at you, causing you to pout.

"You're really curious aren't you" she laughed. "And impatient"

"Yes I am! Please Missy, I wanna go up there" you pleaded again.

"Why me? Why do you want me to go with you?" She asked.

"Because you're the only one that doesn't care about the doctor's rules enough to follow them. Please, you're the only one that actually would go up with me. Please, I know you want to know what's up there too. I can just see it" you smiled.

She laughed at your childishness, and looked back over to the others walking away. She sighed exasperatedly, looking back at you.

"Why don't you just ask the doctor if you can go up first?" She asked.

You rolled your eyes, crossing your arms.

"Because she'll say no. And even if she did say yes she'd come with me to make sure I'm 'safe'. But I'm perfectly capable of looking after myself and I don't want her on my back watching my every move. I wanna have fun and explore. Plus they kinda need to stay down here to not grab attention to the general that we're going up. We need to act normally. Plus she'll be too invested in helping everyone here with the food situation. Please Missy, come with me" you pleaded. "Or I'll just go on my own" you said with a raised brow, crossing your arms.

She sighed, shaking her head with a huge smile on her face.

"Well...I am curious as to what's up there. Maybe we'll find this monster they speak of" she grinned.

Your face lit up and you wanted to scream in joy.

"Does that mean you'll come up with me?" You asked.

"Yes. But keep your voice down so the doctor doesn't notice we've disappeared." She replied.

You squealed a little, jumping up and down before lunging forward and embracing Missy.

"Thank you Thank you Thank you" you said quickly, pulling away.

She chuckled, shushing you. You nodded and looked around.

"Come on. I think we should go back to those tunnels the TARDIS landed in. There were loads of tunnels there and literally no one was there" you said.

Missy nodded in agreement. You looked around, trying to remember the way.

"Can you remember the way?" You asked, this place was huge you could easily get lost which you could not let happen!

"Yep, come on" she smiled, grabbing your hand.

You tried to follow Missy without letting your mind think too much about how Missy was holding your hand, or how your heart was beating faster, or how the butterflies were taking flight. You knew these feelings were just getting stronger. Or maybe it was because it was getting more difficult to ignore them. Or ignore how your hand fits perfectly in hers and how soft her hands were. Okay, you needed to stop.

You didn't even notice when you'd reached the tunnels again. You looked up to one of the tunnels that shined daylight at the end. You looked back at Missy, a huge smile on both your faces.

"Right then. Onward and upward" You smiled, standing with Missy, both of you still hand in hand.