Food

You'd all made it back to the TARDIS in a much happier mood and lighter mood than before after the doctor apologised. You made note of how the doctor didn't ask for you to not wander off again. You answered if that meant she listened when you said you could look after yourself. Or maybe it was because she just knew you wouldn't listen and finally came to terms with it? She didn't even ask you or Missy to apologise, this time it was all on her! Either way you didn't really want to highlight that just yet. You knew she just wanted you safe and she showed her vulnerability when she spoke about losing people to you.

As soon as you all entered the TARDIS the doctor turned on her heel to you all with a big smile plastered on her face. You were a little startled at first but you ended up smiling at her.

"What do you want to do now?" The doctor asked you all.

As if on cue, Graham's stomach rumbled. You all turned to him and burst out into laughter. You giggled loads and the doctor walked to the control panel, grinning.

"Well then, there are loads of places to go for food. Ooh, Italy 1954" the doctor suggested.

Everyone nodded and you laughed, shaking your head.

"Seriously guys!" They all turned and looked at you with a confused expression "when was the last time you guys actually had a home cooked meal?" You asked, raising a brow at everyone.

They all looked at each other sheepishly, shrugging a little. You laughed and shook your head, walking over towards the corridor.

"I was living on my own since I was 16 years old, I'm an amazing cook! You guys just...I don't know, do what you want on the TARDIS. I'll be in the kitchen making some amazing food! I'll call you all when I'm done" you smiled.

"Well, how about we all go to the library. It'll be easier for you to find us all" the doctor suggested.

"That'd be great doctor" you smiled, then proceeded to head to the kitchen.

You quickly made your way to the kitchen, passing very familiar rooms on the way. You realised you hadn't been to the music room in a while and told yourself you needed to go there some time. When you weren't on an adventure in another place that was.

You entered the kitchen and put on some music. You put on an apron and rolled up your sleeves, getting out the ingredients from several different cupboards. You decided on making a chicken potpie with a side of macaroni and cheese.

You went to the fridge and pulled out several more ingredients and started cooking. You'd become a really good cook since you started living alone. You had to admit, at first it was like you were about to poison someone with your cooking! However you got a lot better and now your food was, if you do say so yourself, really nice!

You were getting along quite well actually. Even though looking at the knives and handling them for so long was sometimes a challenge. But you got through it, ignoring the little blip. You had no reason to do that at that moment. You were on good terms with everyone and you felt really happy every time you thought about Missy. But it always made you a little annoyed that there was no way you could have her. She was probably straight anyways. Although...she did talk about when she dated a Lucy Saxon...Wait was she gay?! Was she even single?! God why didn't you ask any of these questions earlier! This was it, it was a sign you had absolutely started full on crushing on her real bad!

You sighed heavily, shaking your head. You were just making the pastry when you heard a perfect song come on the radio. You smiled and couldn't help but sing along a little.

"You think about the consequence of your magnetic field being a little too strong.
And I got a boyfriend he's older than us
He's in the club doing i dunno what.
But your gorgeous I makes me hate you so much.
Whiskey on ice, sunset and vine,
You ruined my life, by not being mine.
You're so gorgeous,
I can't say anything to your face,
Cuz look at your face,
And I'm so furious,
At you for making me feel this way,
But what can I say,
You're gorgeous"

You giggled a little at how accurate this song was and hummed and occasionally sung along to the song. You swayed a little to the music and couldn't help the smile. This song said exactly what you felt of Missy.

"Interesting song choice" you heard a voice say.

You nearly screamed as you jumped, snapping your head to the doorway. You breathed a sigh of relief when you saw it was just Yaz. You smiled, shaking your head. She came over and leaves on the counter opposite your face.

"So...the song.." Yaz smirked at you.

You could feel the heat rising up your neck. You knew what she was getting at. You tried to play it cool though and act as though you were oblivious and carried on working on the food.

"What about the song. I love Taylor swift." You shrugged your shoulders.

"Oh come on (y/n). This particular song you start to sing along to. The lyrics and everything...hmm I wonder who you could be thinking of when singing this" she grinned.

You could feel the heat on your cheeks. Why did you always blush!

"I...it's just a song.." you stuttered, not making eye contact with Yaz.

"Hmm...the words sound a lot like what you feel like with Missy though yeah" she smirked.

"N..no...how many times do I have to tell you I don't like her." You insisted.

"Oh...because you're the one who described her as...great, kind and just perfect" Yaz smirked. "All this when trying to protect her from a shouting from the doctor"

You knew you were a deep shade of red now. You sighed, shaking your head defiantly.

"You should talk to your girlfriend about her anger sometimes" you told her.

"If you talk to yours about how you feel" Yaz smirked.

You sighed heavily, blushing madly "I don't like her Yaz. Anyways why are you here?" You asked "food wont be done for a little while yet"

"Oh..the doctor sent me to make sure you weren't doing anything you shouldn't be with the knives as soon as she remembered you'd be using them" she mumbled.

You nodded your head, putting the pie together.

"She really has no need to worry. Anyways, if your gonna stay, better help with the food" you ordered.