Regret

"I'm never getting drunk again" The doctor groaned, rubbing her head.

You were sat on the floor, rubbing your throbbing head with the doctor and Ryan and Yaz sat on the chairs, leaning against each other, doing the same. Turns out that drinking so much was not a great idea for your head.

"I think I had one too many" you croaked, holding your heavy head.

"One too many! You four had more than one too many! Didn't I tell you not to!" Graham said angrily, handing you all glasses of water.

You groaned a little in response, taking a sip of the water.

"You know, if anything about drinking comes up in my history exam I'll be sure to know what to put down. I don't think it will though." You smiled, giggling a little.

"Shame" Ryan smiled, drinking the water.

"I feel strange" the doctor groaned, holding her head.

"It's called a hangover doc!" Graham snapped, crossing his arms.

Yaz giggled, drinking the water. You were all definitely still a little giddy.

"I have some stuff on the TARDIS to help with the headaches" the doctor said, standing up.

You quickly drink all your water, standing up with her and stopping her from walking away, holding the sleeve of her lilac coat.

"Wait. As much as I loved last night, it didn't really help me with my history. Can't we take a little look around first." You pleaded.

The doctor turned around, blinking her eyes before reluctantly nodding her head slightly. The others followed you out of the bar, which you ended up falling asleep in from all the drink. You walked to the docs, adjusting to the brightness of the sun. You admired the warmth though of the sun, helping with the bitingly cold air.

"Why are there loads of little boats here?" You asked, placing your hand on one of the boats on the docks being held up by rope.

"They're escape boats, in case this ship starts sinking" the doctor replied.

You squinted your eyes, the sun a little too bright for your hangover.

"Why didn't everyone get off then when the ship...you know" you asked, looking around, making sure no one was around to hear.

"They didn't think they'd need them, thought the ship was unsinkable. That's what titanic means, the unsinkable ship. So they didn't put enough of these boats" The doctor explained.

You looked down, a lump in your throat.

"They're going to regret that in a few days" you whispered.

You felt eyes on you. You kept your head down, taking in a deep breath before looking up and smiling sadly, continuing to walk. You knew that you couldn't help these people, no matter how hard you wanted to, this was a fixed point in time.

"I really feel strange" the doctor frowned, looking out to the sea.

"I told you it's called a hangover! You deserve it too with all the drinking you got up to!" Graham huffed.

"No, I mean...you ever get the feeling that something isn't quite right" the doctor turned around looking at you all with a very serious face.

"Never ignore your gut that's what I say" you smiled.

The doctor nodded, looking back out. She seemed to have something on her mind but you tried to ignore it, enjoying the beautiful view of the sea and the sun. You closed your eyes, breathing in the sea salt air.