Painful running

You all turned around and started to run. This was especially hard for you to do, seeing as you did fall through a floor and you were in physical pain. You weren't the quickest when running this time but you didn't stop, following the silhouettes of Ryan, Graham and Yaz's figures in front of you with the doctor following you close behind.

The robot kept shooting at you all, some of the shots narrowly missing you all. You clenched onto your rib cage in pain, moving about and running really quickly not great for your injured body.

"Guys keep moving! It's doesn't look like it's going to stop following us any time soon" the doctor called out.

You saw a gleam of light coming from the large door of the house, providing an escape for you all. You would have breathed a sigh of relief if it weren't to painful to do so in your current state.

You tried to keep up your pace as the light seemed to get brighter and flooded into your eyes as you made your way to the door, dodging bullets. It was agonisingly painful for you to do so but you clenched your teeth, squinted your eyes in the sunlight and kept going.

Once you'd reached the door and stepped through, you almost fell down the steps. You'd stumbled but quickly found your feet and continued to run away. You turned your head and saw that the doctor was right behind you but the robot was still chasing after you, shooting bullets straight at you guys.

"What the heck, why is it still following us?" You shouted, turning your head back around.

You continued running down the black sand, growing increasingly tired.

Suddenly you felt the sharp pain in your left side from the fall again, clearly having disturbed something while rubbing. It felt like you were being stabbed in your rib cage, spreading an electrifying pain through you. You screamed and instantly fell to your knees in pain, closing your eyes and holding onto your stomach harder, the soft sand cushioning your landing.

The doctor caught up to you, instantly stopping by your side and grabbing your arm.

"(Y/n) we need to keep moving!" She said urgently, trying to pull you up.

"I can't....why is that thing still following us?!" You shouted, opening your eyes a little and wincing.

A bullet closely missed you both, causing the doctor to pull on your arm harder.

"I don't know but I don't intend to find out at the moment like this. I'll sort you out at the TARDIS I promise but I need you to keep running" the doctor replied in a hurried tone.

You screamed as you tried to get up, the doctor putting both her hands on your upper arms as she helped you up. You winced loads, clenching onto your rib cage and using the doctor to get up. Once you were finally up she let go, giving you a concerned look.

There was a blast near your feet, causing you both to look into each others eyes for a second and then instantaneously start running. You wined in pain but kept running with the doctor beside you. You didn't look back and when you saw the purple sand that desperate the black sand up ahead of you, you instantly became relieved for some reason. You just wanted to get away from the dark and gloomy part of the beach and onto the bright and happy colours again.

You saw Yaz Ryan and Graham reach the purple sands, stopping their running and panting for air, clearly feeling safer than on the black sands. You and the doctor kept running and as soon as you stepped onto the purple sand away from the black, the shooting stopped.

You fell back to the ground, curling up and holding in pain onto your stomach. You looked back and saw the robot turning and moving away.

"Well, so much for a relaxing trip" Graham breathed, still gasping for air.

The doctor came in front of you, crouching down to your level.

"Doctor...I'm not sure how bad that fall was" you winced, closing your eyes and trying to stop the pain.

"I'll check you over properly at the TARDIS. I've got some stuff there that'll help" the doctor said, earning a slight nod from you.

"What the hell do you think you were doing in the black sands?!" You heard a feminine voice call from in front of you all.

You looked up, the doctor turning her head and looking up at the woman. She had tentacles and a few antennas: she wasn't the most happy looking person at that point. She looked angry, worried and concerned.

"We were just...exploring when this..thing just came out of no where once I touched the quick sand" the doctor said, standing up.

"You touched it?! I'm not surprised it started to shoot you!" She shouted in exasperation.

"Sorry who are you? And...what was that robot thing?" Yaz asked.

"My name's Keiraha, and that robot...it's not bad really" she sighed.

"It tried to shoot us!" Ryan protested.

"I know it sometimes goes over the top. But it's only to keep people away from the quick sand. So many people have wandered into the black sands and been taken by the quick sand patches. We had to do something to prevent people from touching them. So we created those robots. They keep people away to keep everyone alive" she explained.

"By shooting us" you winced, looking at her.

"It sometimes goes a little over board but it's only following its protocols. Did you get shot?! Do you need medical assistance!" She started to become more worried as she moved close to you.

You instantly put up your hand, telling her to stop moving nearer to you.

"It wasn't a bullet. I fell" you said, smiling a little and shaking your head at how stupid that sounded. "I'm fine"

The doctor's head snapped towards yours, causing you to look elsewhere.

"You are not fine!" The doctor exclaimed at you, looking back at Keiraha "I'll look after her though, thanks" she smiled.

"Okay. I'm going to go now. Don't go in the black sands again! I though everyone knew this rule already" she mumbled a little to herself while walking away.

The doctor turned back to you all, sighing a little as she looked back at the black sands.

"Well, for once there wasn't actually anything that bad. Just a bit of quick sand" the doctor said "right. Back to the TARDIS you lot"