Confrontation

You sat down on the ground, gasping a little from the teleport.

"I'm hating teleports more and more" you whispered as you cliched your stomach as you felt slightly sick now.

The doctor came over to you with a concerned look when she checked you over.

"I'm fine, just kinda, travel sick. Anyway..." you say, getting up and brushing the gravel off you "Where are those phlox then?"

The doctor gave you one more check over before turning around and scanning around the room.

"Traces of the low electric energy the phlox leave behind over here" she replied, walking away as you followed hot on her heels.

You walked with her through a long corridor as you smiled at the relaxing buzz of the sonic. The doctor you noticed was quieter than usual and you couldn't help but give her a few glances which turned into conferences looks after she showed a very tense looking face.

"Doctor...if you're worried about saving all those people, don't worry. I'm sure we can talk these phlox into listening the way you are with words and all" you smiled.

"You...self harm?" The doctor muttered, not moving her eyes from her sonic.

Your eyes immediately fell to your feet and you played with your fingers. This was not a topic you liked to converse but she already knew so.. best to just tell her you thought.

"Well...I mean..yeah" you cleared your throat uncomfortably.

"I chose present tense for a reason. You still do it then" she asked, not moving her eyes.

You didn't move your gaze at your shoes either, realising just how smart she was with words.

"Erm...yeah...s..sometimes. You know.. if it gets too much. Sometimes I feel...better once I've cut myself" you answered. "I can't really tell you right now... I haven't really told anyone...you're already special that I've told you about all my...problems.." you muttered.

There was an uncomfortable silence between you two but you didn't mind. She wasn't pressing any questions which you appreciated as you really trusted the doctor and her friends...but not enough to tell them about stuff like that.

"Doctor!" A familiar metallic voice spoke in front of you.

You stopped dead in your tracks as did the doctor as you both looked up to see many phlox stood in front of you.

"Hello! Us again! Sorry, we're here to negotiate the terms of our cooperation with the phlox. Just...take us to your leader" the doctor smiled in her bubbly way.

The figures gathered around us and the horrific white light hit you again.

You whimpered as you sat down in your iconic cross legged position on the floor, not caring about the many phlox around you, one which was the leader. The doctor gave you a glance to which you weakly smiled before she turned around and spoke to the leader of the phlox.

"Doctor, human" the phlox metallic voice spoke.

You looked up annoyed "Erm, I do have a name you know! See, not even important enough to be remembered. I think that's enough evidence to tell you all that I should get going" you smiled up at them before you straightened your face and rested your head on your clenched fists.

"You will come with us and help with our plans or suffer a great deal of pain" the phlox leader grinned, holding out its hand.

"Why pain? I mean you already know that we're never going to join you so why bother threatening us with pain and not just...well..death?" The doctor asked, strolling around with her hands in her pockets.

"You will come with us!" The phlox all shouted.

This creeped you out a little as your body stiffened a little.

"You will help with our plans or feel pain like never before" the leader shouted.

"See...that's what I don't understand. The whole threats yes...but pain.. it's like you need us for something" the doctor strolled thoughtfully "but what for?" She asked to the phlox now.

Realisation hit you as the answer to the doctors question hit you like a wave. A smile rigged on your lips as your body relaxed. You started to giggle which turned into a laugh at the situation and your head looked up from your hands.

"(Y/n)? What is it?" The doctor asked concerned, kneeling in front of your laughing body.

"I've just realised why they want us alive. Why they want us so desperately to help their plans" you smiled as you got up with the doctor who looked shocked at you.

You walked giggling around and in front of the leader, giving them all a smile.

"It's because you don't actually know how to move the boulders out of position to create those explosions. You dont know do you. it's no good talking all these big plans if you don't even know how to do it!" you laughed "you think that because we're smart that we can help you to move them and help your plans. We would never help you to kill innocent people! You think I'm capable of that? I mean the doctors smart and all so I get that. But me? No way. I can't do anything. And we never EVER would!you sighed.

"(Y/n) (l/n) you are brilliant! Just brilliant! And to think you don't know that! You figured all that out in what...three minutes max! You're the most brilliant, intelligent, amazing human I've ever known" The doctor smiled, hugging you.

You stood shocked, unsure of how to react so you didn't move from your frozen state. You were enjoying the hug though. Warmth and love, feelings you hadn't been given in too long. But she thought you were brilliant! Intelligent even! And that was what made you feel like you could trust the doctor to tell her anything you ever needed to.

She pulled away and walked towards the phlox with a grin plastered on her face.

"If you think that we will ever help you then you're completely out of your minds! And we won't help you. Meaning, this great plan of yours won't ever work! So those innocent people won't die!" The doctor smiled smugly.

"Innocent people?!" The metallic voice seethed, not fully in anger though. You detected some pain in his voice too.

Yours and the doctors face fell as you realised everything they went through, told to you by the music.

"Those people out there are younger generations. They didn't do this to you. They don't even know of your existence. You don't need to do this. Killing isn't the answer. If you sit and talk with them I'm sure they'll listen. I understand the pain they caused you. But the people out there that you want to burn, they are innocent. They caused you no harm and I promise you I won't let them. But that promise goes both ways with both species! The people who did this to you had no right to do so but your lifespans are much much bigger than those out there. They are those children's children's children. They have no idea and don't participate in any harm caused to you. They would never hurt you, they are innocent and I wouldn't let them harm you. But I also won't let you harm them. We can live in a society where you live side by side in peace and harmony. I would gladly help you to achieve such peace. A peace where smiled grow on everyone's faces, together. But I need you to trust me enough to sit and talk" the doctor spoke.

You stared at her the whole time, smiling at her beautiful speech. You knew that she was already half way to stopping this getting out of hand and creating peace between the two species and saving a planet. You looked at the phlox in anticipation. You saw the phlox open it's mouth and waited.

"We trust you doctor"