Yaz's family

You, Graham and Ryan smiled at the two as they walked hand in hand back to the TARDIS.

"You have no idea how long we've been waiting for you guys to do that" you giggled from behind them.

The doctor kept her gaze upon Yaz as they both smiled. Yaz briefly glanced at you.

"You were planning on this happening weren't you" she smirked, looking back at the doctor.

"Actually yes. Uh the amount of times I've tried to get you two together. But I won the bet. So Ryan pay up" you smirked, looking at Ryan.

He sighed, getting out his wallet. You giggled at him, smiling smugly. The doctor and Yaz's heads both snapped to you both, looking surprised at you.

"You were betting on us!" The doctor asked.

You smiled as Ryan handed you the cash. The doctor rolled her eyes as she looked back at Yaz.

"I've got this amazing place we could go for food" the doctor suggested, dragging Yaz around the console.

"Actually" Yaz interrupted.

The doctor stopped, looking at her. Yaz shifted in her feet, looking down a little as she sighed.

"My mum always does dinner when it's my birthday and she wants to invite you all over" Yaz said, sounding slightly annoyed at her mothers request.

The doctor's face lit up. She smiled at Yaz, then at all of you lot.

"Right then!" She smiled back at Yaz "dinner at Yaz's! Awesome!" She gleamed.

Yaz giggled as the doctor flew the TARDIS. You hadn't met Yaz's family before so you were quite exited. The doctor was jumping up and down as she went around the console, moving about while trying not to be thrown off her feet but the shaking turbulence. Yaz was smiling but seemed a lot less exited about going home. You couldn't blame her, home seemed so boring after that wonderful planet and you could only imagine how much more wonderful it was for the doctor and Yaz. However you couldn't help but feel like there was something she was worried about.

You shrugged it off, hoping that it was nothing. The TARDIS came to a halt and the doctor smiled brightly, moving towards the doors. Yaz sighed, following suit as you all walked in after her.

"Home sweet home Yaz" The doctor grinned as she opened the doors.

You all stepped out and saw you were still back on earth. You looked around, squinting as the sun hit your eyes.

"Right. Off for some birthday food at Yaz's. Oh I hope there's cake!" The doctor smiled, walking towards a block of flats with Yaz.

You all followed up the stairs as Yaz fumbled through her pockets to find her keys. You all stopped at a door and Yaz put the key in and turned, opening the door.

"Guys. It's Yaz. I'm home. Brought my friends round" Yaz called as she entered the flat.

You all walked in after her, entering her living room. You saw a woman sitting on the table on her phone while another was placing food on the kitchen table.

"Oh Yaz! Welcome home. Happy birthday!" The woman smiled, putting a plate of food down.

"Oh god it's like she's never had a birthday before. Although she rarely has friends so..." the woman on her phone smirked as she didn't look up from her phone.

Yaz shot her a glare, shaking her head slightly.

"Thanks mum. I brought my mates round like you said" Yaz smiled, rolling her eyes a little.

"Hi!" The doctor said excitedly.

"Oh Doctor. Nice to see you again. And you Ryan and Graham. Erm...don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you" her mum said, looking at you.

"Oh...erm...(y/n). (Y/n)(l/n)" you smiled.

"Nadjia. Yaz's mum. This is Sonya, her sister" she smiled, hitting Sonyas arm to get rid of the phone.

She rolled her eyes, shuffling a little further away while continuing to look at her screen.

"Well don't just stand there. Come on, sit, eat!" Nadjia smiled, gesturing towards the chairs.

You all walked up to them, sitting down on the several chairs. The doctor sat next to Yaz while you sat next to Graham. Ryan was sat next to Sonta who finally got off her phone and smiled at Ryan.

"Guys I'm back" a male voice called from the door.

You turned around and saw a man walk in.

"Hi dad" Yaz smiled.

"Hiya everyone. Nice to see you all again. Some of you look a little unfamiliar. It's nice to know that Yaz is making more friends" he smiled as he sat next to Nadjia.

"I'm (y/n)" you smiled

"Nice to meet you" he smiled. "Well don't just sit there. Dig in" he smiled.

You chuckled a little, taking some food and passing it around. It was a traditional Asian Pakistani dinner. Samosas and birhiani and different foods all entered your mouth.

"You're a really good cook!" You said, taking another bite.

"Thank you. So, tell me, how did you meet the doctor?" Yaz's mum asked you.

You stopped, putting down your stuff before contemplating how to answer that question.

"Erm...she just..stumbled upon me once. Long time ago for me. Not so long ago for her" you said.

You got confused faces from Yaz's family. You sighed, wondering if they knew about the TARDIS at all. They probably didn't and you continued t explain a little better.

"Let's just say she helped me get through a pretty bad panic attack and yeah, we became friends" you smiled, trying to keep out he whole time travelling nine years ago thing.

You looked over to the doctor and gave her a small smile which she returned. Yaz's mum then looked over to Yaz, raising a brow.

"So, you two. How did you meet?" She asked, looking at the doctor and Yaz.

"I was on a police case and she was involved. She did Nothing bad she was just there when it happened and we became friends. Actually she helped loads with the case" Yaz smiled.

"Just friends?" She pondered, staring at them.

"Ah you see actually-" the doctor was cut off before she could say too much.

"We're just friends mum!" Yaz shouted quickly. "Can you just shut up for once!"

The room fell quiet and you all instantly looked down at your now very interesting food. It was safe to say that the rest of that dinner didn't have as many happy conversations involved. In fact, it was almost silent with merely tension filling the air between you all.