Contact

The doctor threw you all some towels and you immediately wrapped it around you, drying yourself off and stopping your hair from dripping everywhere. Plus it covered up the scars. Of course you were still uncomfortable with them showing. You intended on getting changes as soon as possible.

Missy quickly and quietly took off the TARDIS so it was somewhere in the middle of space, floating about out of harms way.

"I hate my natural hair. It gets so curly in the water" Yaz sighed, drying her hair with her towel.

"Your hair's awesome! I love the curls. You should embrace them more often. They're beautiful" the doctor smiled.

"Thanks babe" Yaz smiled. "Actually, I'm just gonna go to the library for a bit. Get some quiet time in. Read a few books"

"Okay beautiful. I'll be over later on" the doctor smiled.

Yaz smiled back and she went off down the TARDIS corridors to the library. 

"Actually, I think I'm gonna call it a night." Graham said.

"Me too. I'm quite tired" Ryan said.

"Okay. Goodnight you two" The doctor smiled.

"Night" Graham smiled as the two went down the corridors.

"Well, I don't know about you but I want to get into some nice, dry clothes" Missy sighed, walking down the corridors.

"Actually, imma go to sleep. I'm so tired. Swimming takes effort! And I want nothing more than my bed at the moment" you said.

"Actually, could you come with me a minute (y/n). Then you can go straight to bed I promise" the doctor stopped you.

"Erm...Okay, sure?" You shrugged your shoulders and followed the doctor.

You went down several different corridors and you absentmindedly followed the doctor as you dried your hair. You couldn't help but feel a huge sense of relief that you were back on the TARDIS again. You were all alone and completely lost out there in the water and you had no clue where you were. You would have had a breakdown if you didn't just fight through it and find Missy. You were just glad you were back on the TARDIS and everyone was okay. Especially Yaz.

"Where are we going?" You asked absentmindedly.

"You'll see" the doctor simply replied.

This caught your attention and you furrowed your eyebrows but continued to follow her anyways. You made your way into a room and as soon as you stepped inside you recognised which one it was.

"Oh, Hell no!" You shook your head and turned to walk out but found the door had disappeared and there was nothing but a thick wall keeping you in the room.

"(Y/n), come on, we need to do this. You're even more detached than before. We need to carry on these sessions" he doctor told you.

"Fuck off! I don't want your stupid therapy sessions, stay away from me!" You shouted.

She frowned, and you knew it was because of your choice of language. But you didn't care. You didn't want her to make contact with you. It was too fast to do this. It wasn't that long ago since you were beaten the shit out of.

"Just...sit down for now" she said in a soft tone.

The doctor sat down in the middle of the room and gestured for you to sit in front of her. You swallowed, your legs shaking slightly at the fear of the therapy session. You walked over, sitting in front of her, making sure you were sitting about a meter away from her. At least you could run away before she tried to touch you. Even if you couldn't escape the room.

"Well, how about we just talk first of all" the doctor said.

"If this is about me walking off I already promised I wouldn't do it again. And I haven't yet so you can't have a go!" You defensively exclaimed.

"No, we're on the topic of you not touching anyone" the doctor said.

This caused you to sigh heavily and lose eye contact with her.

"Well...everyone except Missy that is" the doctor smirked, raising a brow.

You looked up to her, your cheeks heating up. She couldn't know! No one could! God this was getting embarrassing. No, you're being paranoid, she was just wondering why she's the one you let get close.

"I...I don't..." you stuttered a little, your throat dry, your cheeks turning red.

The doctor grinned some more at your response.

"(Y/n), letting her lay a finger on you is a miracle, but the fact that you let her hug you is a whole other level." The doctor grinned.

You knew you were blushing loads and you just hoped the doctor couldn't notice. Heck, who were you kidding, everyone could see!

"She...she's special..different.." you stammered.

The doctor's smirk was getting wider by the second and your cheeks became a deeper shade of red by the second.

"Why her then?" The doctor asked with that stupid smirk.

"I...I don't know? I just...feel different around her. Like...I can trust her to touch me. To give me a hug or a handshake or something... she's just...different..." you replied.

The doctor hummed in response, suppressing a chuckle. Then her smirk slightly fell as she looked at you more seriously.

"You don't trust me?" She asked, reaching out her hand "to give you even a handshake?"

You stared at her hand, your heart rate already speeding up. You swallowed hard, then looking back up to her, shaking your head.

"I can't..." you barely whispered.

"You let Missy, for whatever reason. You can trust me (y/n), I promise" she said to you.

"Why are you making me go through this?" You said shakily, staring at her hand.

"Because I may need to patch you up some time and believe it or not, it's quite difficult to do that without touching you. And also because I want to help." She said.

You closed your eyes, shaking your head in refusal. You wrapped the towel around you some more, as if trying to protect yourself and hide away under it. You couldn't do this. Not anymore. You really couldn't keep doing these therapy sessions. You couldn't make contact with anyone else ever again.