Escaping

A woman With long, wavy ginger hair stepped closer to you all, wearing the same confused face as the others were.

"What's happening?" She asked.

The doctor turned around and faced her, wearing a bright smile on her face.

"We're going to get you all back home."she said.

"B..but we can't go anywhere. They've terminated so many of us for not doing as we're told" she said, a quiver in her voice showing her fear and upset.

The doctor placed a hand on her shoulder reassuringly. She could see the pain in her eyes and smiled at her, trying to calm her down.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Heather" she replied. "I...I don't want to get killed..." she nearly broke down there and then but tried to hold on.

"I'm not going to let that happen. We're going to get out of here. We'll explain everything later once we're free" the doctor smiled at her, speaking sternly and determined.

The woman took a shaky breath and nodded. The doctor moved around the corridors, making sure everyone was okay. There were no injuries. JJ looked around for all the people.

"Okay, we need to gather up all these people. I can make the TARDIS materialise here if I have a moment and we can get all these people home" the doctor said very quickly.

"Right. We'll gather everyone up" JJ said, moving over to the people.

You all moved over to the crowd of people, trying to round them up closer to the doctor who was working on a gadget to get the TARDIS to materialise. It wasn't difficult to get them all to one place. You saw the others trying to give the crowd of people, hundreds at least, some directions and orders. You turned around and wandered down the maze of corridors, away from the doctor and the others.

You moved at a pace a little over a walk down the corridors, checking every cell, making sure they were all empty and no one was left behind. You came to the last cell and saw the wroah standing dominantly over a trembling woman who looked around the same age as you. She was holding a bat in her hand and looked as though she was about to hit the crying woman.

"Oi! You better not be laying a finger on her!" You shouted as you walked towards the two.

The wroah stopped in her tracks, turning to face you. The confidence you had in your voice a few moments ago died down a little as she glared at you, fully aware she had a weapon in her hands. You swallowed hard but pushed on, putting in a brave front as you marched into the cell towards her.

"You! It was you wasn't it! You let all of my army escape!" She snarled angrily at you.

"These people aren't your army! We refuse to do what you say! You can't go around beating people into submission. You think it'll make them stronger and become your brave warriors. You can't be more wrong. We will use our fear to stand up against you!" You told her, gritting your teeth.

She smirked before she started to laugh at you. You crossed your arms, glaring her down. The woman behind her was still trembling with fear and crying.

"You think you can stop me!" She smirked. "I can see the fear in your eyes. And you say you can stand up to me. But how will you react once you have to hit me!"

You stared at her, unable to keep your fear from reaching your expression. She moved forward with her bat to which you instantly backed away. She smirked, swinging her bat in the air. Once she was far enough away from the woman you moved your gaze to her.

"Run!" You shouted at her.

She stared briefly at you before running through the corridor. You heard the wroah scream at her before you saw her bat swinging through the air. You instantly screamed and ducked, narrowly missing a blow to the head.

"What the-" you were cut off when she came towards your kneeling figure with the bat.

You screamed again, dodging another hit. You had had enough practice over the years when it came to dodging hits so you were doing pretty well against the wroah. You were facing her with your back almost touching the ground. You scurried away from her, backing up.

You kept moving back, shuffling on the ground only for you to end up hitting a wall and cornering yourself. The one thing you must never do, and yet you managed to Cromer yourself with an alien about to beat you with a bat.

"Afraid?" She smiled, walking closer to you. "Don't see why. You seem to have been beaten before in your life"

Your breath caught in the back of your throat as you curled into a ball, placing your hands over your head, awaiting for the painful strike of the bat. Your head was buried in your knees. You closed your eyes, shaking in fear of the too familiar sense of pain to wave over you.

You suddenly heard some strange laser noises followed by a loud thud. You hesitantly lifted your head up from your knees, letting your arms shakily pull down from your head. In front of you lay the wroah lying lifeless. And JJ was running up to you while tucking away some device.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n) are you okay?!" He asked you urgently.

You flinched away from his hands that were about to rest on your shoulders. He retracted his hands, worry over his face.

"JJ please don't touch me, ever. I'll explain later" you said quickly, breathing deeply "did you...kill her?" You asked him, watching the wroah.

He looked over at her, moving over to the body.

"She's not dead. It's just stunned her. For long enough for us to get her on the TARDIS anyways. Come on" JJ said, picking the wooden body up.

He swung her over his shoulder and started walking out of the cell and down the corridor towards the TARDIS. You got yourself up, jogging after him.

"JJ." You called for him.

He stopped, turning around.

"Can you...not tell the doctor about this. She'll kill me if she knew I wandered off let alone got into a bit of trouble..." you said, looking down to your feet.

"Sure. But come on, we've got to get to the TARDIS" he said, turning around.

You took a deep breath, nodding as you marched on forward.