Reading

You were walking through the library. Yes the library which had like four floors and was huge with a swimming pool in too. That library. The TARDIS was definitely one to impress. You weren't sure if the others were awake yet or not but you'd had one really nice sleep. It was peaceful and just an escape from everything. You weren't really tired anymore and you thought there was no point going back to sleep if you knew you were fully awake now and also have the prospect of a nightmare coming up and ruining your whole mood. And you really wanted to hold onto this good mood for a little while.

You walked down the library, running the tips of your fingers down the spines of the books. You were just browsing really, not quite sure what it was you were looking for. You just enjoyed the silence in here, with the slight and constant gentle hum coming from the TARDIS beneath your feet. You'd hardly had any time to just stop and relax since you'd come away with the doctor again. It was strange how it all just happened so quickly, both times you went away with the doctor. But you wouldn't have changed it for the world.

"God I'm so glad I'm back here" you whispered to yourself and half to the TARDIS which hummed beneath your feet in agreement and comfort.

You continued to walk down past the several shelves of books. You made a turn and saw a purple sofa siting snugly at the wall. You smiled, knowing that the doctor probably personally made sure there was a purple sofa somewhere in the TARDIS. She seemed to have some sort of obsession with the colour purple and sofas.

You moved closer to it, looking at the shelves of books. You hadn't heard of any of these books. There was maybe the odd one you'd passed which you'd seen but considering that this library probably had all the books in all of time and space from all of the planets in the universe it wasn't too surprising.

You looked at a few books and saw one which seemed to grab your attention. It's title was called 'the universe's wandering protector'. You pulled out the book from the book shelf, smiling at the front cover. It was a painting of a galaxy, stars and supernovas and planets, like so many of the views you'd seen with the doctor. The whole space picture was inside the shape of a hand reaching out, as though reaching for someone's hand. You wondered about the unique cover but thought you'd find out when you start to read.

It didn't look like too much of a big book to read but was still going to take a while to get through.

"Better get comfortable then" you whispered to yourself, walking to the purple sofa.

You sat down with a small grunt, your body not fully healed from your past adventure yet. Though the bruises were definitely going down a lot. Sometimes you wondered how far some of these aliens got when it came to medicine because you were pretty sure everything the doctor was giving you wasn't human.

You shook off the thoughts, getting comfortable and opening the book. The sofa was in a perfect place, snug and hidden away. You smiled, knowing this was going to be one of those books which you loved.

"Right then, chapter one" you said, feeling like you were in the perfect place right now.

You red the book and your instincts were correct. The book pretty much grabbed your attention with the first few lines. Maybe it was because you could slightly relate and understand what it was saying seeing as you'd been travelling the stars.

The starting lines were 'the universe was never and never will be a completely safe place. There's several things out there to get you. Whether that threat comes from other species or whether it be from natural hazards. But the universe has always had a protector. Someone that wandered through the old place since the beginning of its birth and someone who has stood at the death of it, travelling and helping out when needed. Helping whoever needs it, because everyone was important in the protectors old eyes. Their face always changes but their intentions of keeping us all safe never changes. Even when they lost so much and it looked as though the universe didn't care and gave nothing back.'

You smiled at the wonderful book, loving the whole concept of someone watching over everything and helping everyone they passed. You continued to read until of course one annoying and damn thing got in your way. Your dyslexia was playing up, making all the letters move and not register properly in your mind. Your dyslexia would often do this and it would prevent you from even being able to simply read a book.

You groaned in frustration, furrowing your eyebrows as you tried to concentrate hard on the words. You were really enjoying that book and actually wanted to finish it. But the letters wouldn't stop moving and the more you tried the more they seemed to get worse and harder to read. You clenched your teeth and threw the book across the room, crossing your arms in frustration.

Your anger morphed into sadness pretty quickly as you brought your knees up and buried your head in your knees, wrapping your arms around your legs. You wined a little, annoyed that you can't even enjoy reading a book.

"You know, that was my favourite book my mum told me growing up so I really don't think it's that bad that you throw it across the room" you heard a familiar voice call from ahead of you.

You lifted your head up and saw the doctor picking up the book and walking over to you. You put your legs back down, moving over to let the doctor sit down with you. She gave you a sympathetic look.

"What's wrong? I used to really like this book growing up" the doctor asked.

You looked away, swallowing a little.

"M..my dyslexia.." you stuttered a little before gulping down the lump in your throat.

You sighed, looking over to the doctor who smiled sadly at you.

"I hate myself sometimes" you mumbled sadly.

The doctor's face saddened as she shook her head in disagreement.

"Listen to me (y/n). Don't ever hate yourself. You're unique in the universe. No one else is like you" the doctor told you.

"Yeah that sure is right. I mean, who else do you know that can't even read a book at twenty five?!" You sighed.

The doctor looked down in sadness, wondering what to do. Then her face lit up as it always did when she had a brilliant idea.

"How about I read the story to you!" She smiled.

You couldn't help but smile at the idea. You nodded and that made the time lady immediately start to read. You listened to every word, the whole time smiling at the story. You'd never really had anyone read to you before and this was the first book you'd managed to enjoy till the very end in a long time.

"And just when you think you're having the worst day possible and think no ones out there for you. Just remember, that lonely protector is flying up in the sky right above you." The doctor finished, closing the book.

You smiled, clapping at the doctor. She in turn gave a little bow, causing you to giggle. And then it hit you.

"Wait! Oh my god! You're that traveller aren't you! The one who wanders through time and space and helps out anyone who needs it! It's you! You're in a book!" You squealed.

"I'm in a lot of books. But, yeah this ones about me. Of course I didn't know that when reading it as a child" the doctor smiled.

You laughed, admiring the fact that the story explained the doctor perfectly. You looked at the doctor in grave thanks for that experience of finishing a book.

"Thank you doctor" you said.

She smiled back at you.

"You're vey and always welcome (y/n)"