Good Day - B.B.

Sorry this jumps right in. Warning ~ suicide

You walked into the armory to find Bucky with a gun to his head. Now, you've had days like this where you wanted to end it all. You know what it's like. You can sort of relate to the man but not entirely. He's gone through a lot worse than you have.

"This is a terrible place to see as your last," you said putting your knives back.

He had been debating for the last ten minutes whether or not to pull the trigger. He's got tears streaming down his face. It's just been so hard for him. He just wants the relief. He just wants the pain to go away.

Bucky froze at the sound of your voice. You two barely know each other. You've been on missions together. Nothing else but you do care for the brunette.

"What did you do today?" You asked looking at his back which facing you.

He lowered the gun not wanting anyone around if he's to do it. He kept looking at the wall embarrassed that someone has seen him.

"I bet it was terrible," you said.

He nodded closing his eyes tightly shut. He clenched his jaw shut. He couldn't speak a word to you.

"It's only 10am," you said putting your hands in your pocket. "If I were you, I wouldn't wanna end it like this. I'd go all the way out to John's Drive In and get cheeseburger with fries, of course. Then a strawberry milkshake since they have the best milkshakes in the whole wide world. Then I'd go to Tucker Falls, it's this secluded waterfall that nobody goes to and do it there. Not in this stupid armory. I wouldn't want it to be my last memory."

"T-take me there," Bucky said.

"Alright but its a long drive," you said.

~~~

You turned off the staticky radio and Bucky looked out the window as you drove the winding road through the forest. He hasn't looked you in the eyes or said a word. It's been nothing but silence between you two.

You don't know if you'll be driving back to the compound alone. You hope you won't but you don't know what's going on inside his head. You don't know if you'll have to tell the others. You don't know how they'll react if you do. You know Steve would be destroyed. Sam too would be destroyed even though he acts like he hates Bucky but truly he loves him like a brother.

~~~

You finally drove into some farm land and were able to get the radio playing.

"Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too
I'm on the highway to hell
On the highway to hell
Highway to hell
I'm on the highway to hell," you sang along to the song.

Bucky looked at you and you turned up the radio as you sang along not caring that his eyes are looking at you. You rolled down all the windows and both yours and his hair blew around.

This was a whole new side of you that Bucky has never seen. Truly, nobody has really except your friends from high school, your mom, and your sister. You're always very professional with everyone in the compound no matter what. It's always been work at the compound. You don't really consider anyone friends, more like close coworkers. You also like keeping your personal life separate from work.

Bucky's heart just skipped a beat watching you sing your heart out. It's like you don't care for the world. You're like free spirited and Bucky loves that about a girl. He wishes he was like that especially right now in this moment.