Seatbelts - B.B.

Bucky woke up crying and gasping for air whilst sitting up in bed. A small hand gripped onto his much larger hand and another hand went over his bare sweaty chest. It rubbed circles and Bucky looked over at his pregnant wife, you.

"I'm- I'm s-sorry, Doll," Bucky whispered.

"It's okay, I was already up," you said.

"S-She's kicking again?" Bucky asked.

You nodded softly and he hesitated before placing his flesh hand onto your bump. Your hands went over his.

"Let's go for a drive, honey," you whispered.

Bucky nodded softly and pressed a kiss to your cheek. You both get out of bed but you sit at the edge. Bucky comes around the bed grabbing your black slip on Vans that managed to end up on his side. He got down on one knee and slipped on both shoes to your slightly swollen feet.

"Thank you," You whispered.

He stood up placing both hands on your barren stomach. The baby of course kicks. His fists end up right by your hips causing the bed to dip under the weight. He leans down and tilts his head. He presses his lips against yours and your arms wrap around the back of his neck.

"I love you," Bucky whispers against your lips.

"I love you too," you whispered.

He grabs his big black NASA hoodie that you love off of the bench at the foot of the bed. He gives it to you and you put it on. You already have grey sweatpants on that are also Bucky's but he honestly could careless as long as you are comfortable. He helps you stand up before he puts on another black hoodie and slips on his black and white high top sneakers. You both take each other's hands and leave the bedroom.

You both head down the stairs of your new house. Tony had movers and everything taken care of as an "I'm-sorry-that-I-almost-killed-your-husband-slash-father-of-your-unborn-child-on-a-mission" present. Bucky is still pretty pissed about the incident.

Bucky heads to the front entrance while you head to the garage. He grabbed the keys off the hook and you waddled to the passenger side of the black SUV. You annoyingly kept yanking on the handle as you wait on Bucky.

"You're a pain in the ass," Bucky said standing in the doorway of the garage.

"You look like a ninja," you said.

He chuckled looking at his all black outfit that he's in and closed the door behind him and locked it. He comes to you opening your door for you. He helps you climb in since it's a much bigger car than your last one and you graciously let him help you. Bucky kisses you before closing the door for you and you buckle yourself in. He goes around the SUV and he opens his door.

"Can you grab the fuzzy blanket? Your favorite one? The one we always cuddle in? Can you grab that one?" You asked looking at him with eyes he can never say no to.

"Of course, babydoll. Anything else?" He asked grinning.

"Nope. But we gotta go to Roxie's 24 hour drive in and get shakes," you said.

"That's two hours away, baby," Bucky said.

"I know," you said.

"Alright, my cheeky little wife," Bucky said smiling.

You blushed and smiled at him. He went back inside quickly and grabbed the giant fluffy gray blanket. He comes back to the garage after also grabbing his wallet. Bucky hops into the car and passes the blanket to you. He closes his door and presses the garage remote button that's on the overhead console.

"Anything else, baby?" Bucky asked.

"You need your seatbelt on," you said.

He rolls his eyes and grumbles.

"Hey, you don't wanna get into a crash and have no seatbelt on —it can be fatal, James. I don't need to be raising this baby all by myself cause you are a dumbass who didn't put on his seatbelt," You sassed looking at your man.

He chooses not to argue with you and puts his seatbelt on. You smiled happily at the man and he smiled back at you. He pulls out of the driveway and then makes sure the garage door closes before he drives off to the drive in.

~~~

"I got the large fries, your cheeseburger, my cheeseburger, onion rings, strawberry shake, chocolate shake, annnnnd ketchup," Bucky said coming into the car with a huge brown paper bag of food and a drink carrier.

You gleamed happily and you took both shakes out of the carrier. You put them both into the cup holders and Bucky tosses the carrier into the back. He closes his door and starts taking the food out and handing you it.

Soon enough, the two of you are happily eating in the car with the radio playing softly. There's frat guys and other college kids around making the drive in pretty busy at 12am in the morning. Bucky has made sure that all the doors are locked so you two won't have to deal with a drunken kid trying to get in.

"I love you so much," you squealed holding the burger in your hands.

"Are you talking to me or the cheeseburger?" Bucky asked.

You close your mouth and look at Bucky then the cheeseburger. Bucky bursted out laughing and threw a fry at you. You caught in your mouth knowing you are not wanting to waste any of this food. He grins and leans over the console. He presses his lips against yours.

"Pickles are disgusting," you announced tasting pickles on your husband's lips.

"I'll fight you," Bucky said sitting back in his seat.

"I'll stab you," you said.

"I can't wait," Bucky said sending you a wink as you two continued eating.

~~~

Bucky has his holding yours as you are peacefully sleeping for once. He wishes he was asleep with you but he's very grateful that you got him out of the house. Usually, you would be the one driving him around if he had a nightmare or just a panic attack but your doctor said that she rather you not be driving. Bucky has taken the doctor's orders very seriously to the point where he's dropped out of all missions he's been put on just so he can be the one driving you around.

He loves these types of drives that you and him have. Most of your dates are just in a car. That's how you guys started dating. He had a very bad nightmare and you were the one to wake him up from it. His metal fingers wrapped around your throat and your response to it was "kinky" even though you were struggling to breath. He laughs about it now but he was truly embarrassed and let go. Then you told him to put on some pants cause the two of you are going to Roxie's Drive-In and getting milkshakes at 2am.

The light is green and Bucky drives into the intersection. His eyes are on you briefly and a semi barrels through the intersection on his left.

Bucky is not wearing his seatbelt.

...To Be Continued???????