Seatbelts (2) - B.B.

You woke up. Your mind is in a daze. You looked down at your stomach. No bump. Well a tiny bump. But not the big bump you had. It's smaller. A lot smaller. Your heart stops not literally but figuratively and your face contorts in fear and sadness. You can't feel the kicks of your baby girl. Tears streamed down your cheeks. You looked around the room. It's just you. Where's Bucky? You can't loose him too.

"I will fucking shoot your dick off, Stephen Grant Rogers," Bucky hissed as if he hadn't had brain surgery 12 hours ago. "My amnesiac ass doesn't need you telling me bullshit!"

"You. Had. Your. Brain cut open," Steve tried to reason.

"BITCH! You're talking to the son of a bitch who was successfully brainwashed for 50 years. My brain has been fucking electrocuted more times than I can fucking remember! BRAIN SURGERY IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE SHIT IVE GONE THROUGH!" Bucky screamed.

Steve looked at Sam and Rhodey who are also in the ICU room.

"He's right, ya know," Rhodey said calmly.

"Get me to my wife so she can yell at me for not wearing a seatbelt and bring us our daughter," Bucky demanded.

He's on a mission. He has to see you. He has to be the one to tell you that your baby girl is completely fine. She's a bit early but she's healthy and she's fine. She's completely fine. He knows that your first concern will be her and then him. He has to reassure you that everything will be okay. He has to be your rock when you've been his for way too long.

You're laying on your side facing the window. The nurses had to sedate you since you were crying and screaming. Bucky pushes the wheels of his wheelchair into the room while Steve holds the door open for him. Bucky is quick to put his metal arm at the curve of your waist. He takes your hand into his metal that was recently put back on and he presses his lips against your knuckles. You looked at him to see him shirtless wearing sweatpants. He has a bandage wrapped around his head and torso. His flesh arm is broken and in a red cast which Tony definitely had the doctor's do.

"Hi, Doll. I gotta tell you something," Bucky said quietly.

You just looked at him and he can tell you're out of it. He doesn't know why.

"Our baby girl is fine and she's alive," Bucky said smiling softly.

You smiled and tears streamed down your face. He leans forward but falls to his knees onto the hard tiled. He mutters a curse word but he presses a kiss to your lips. Steve is quick to come over and Bucky lets Steve pick him up.

"Put me on the other side of the bed," Bucky demanded.

"Jesus, you're demanding," Steve said.

He earns a glare from Bucky and he carries his best friend to the other side of the bed. He places Bucky carefully down on your hospital bed. Bucky immediately lays on his side no matter how much it hurts and he curls his body into yours. You instinctively lean back into his chest and his arms wrapped around you protectively.

~~~

You and Bucky woke up to a crying baby. Sam is holding your baby girl. You moved onto your back and sat up a bit. Bucky stayed on his side.

"Look at you, Samantha Barnes," Sam cooed moving over to you. "Beautiful just like your mom definitely not your dad."

"Fuck no," Bucky grumbled with a massive headache.

You reached out for her and Sam of course hands her over. You held her against your chest and she immediately quieted down. Bucky touched her tiny toes with his fingertips. He's smiling even though everything hurts like a mother trucker. He has his head rested on your shoulder and he's at eye level with her.

"It was worth a shot," Sam said and he plopped himself down in a chair.

"Can you shut up? Your voice is giving me a headache," Bucky said.

"Or maybe it's cause you had brain surgery to relieve the pressure in your thick ass skull and your dumbass pulled out your IV," Sam sassed.

"I'd smack you right now," you said looking at your beloved husband.

"Oh, let me add fuel to the fire. He didn't put his seatbelt on," Sam said.

"James Buchanan Barnes," you hissed.

"Fuck you, Sam," was all Bucky could say in that moment.