Promise? - B.B.

You let your 6 month old hold onto your index fingers as she's figuring out how to use her legs. Your five year old is playing with another girl he had just met in the park. You didn't want to go today since you had just gotten back into underground fighting and you won last night's fight but at a cost. Everything in your body aches and is sore but your son asked you and you promised him. You try your hardest to not break promises to him and it costed you nothing to bring him to the park.

"Hi," a five year old boy in glasses said stumbling across Bucky.

Bucky was happy that he had stopped running before ramming into the kid. He was running with Sam and Steve for morning jog but he thinks he lost them without even thinking about it.

"Hi," Bucky said confused.

Bucky crouched down to the kid. Your son reminded Bucky so much of Steve. He looked so innocent and doe eyed with his glasses to Bucky that he found it adorable.

"I'm Luka Y/l/n," your son said holding out his left hand to shake.

Bucky was pretty surprised at the formalities but he shook hands with him using his metal hand.

"I'm James Barnes," Bucky said.

"I know," Luka said.

"Really?" Bucky asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah, you're an Avvvv-ennnn-gerrr," Luka said having to sound out the word. "Mommy talks about you a lot. She loves you."

Bucky smiled softly. Luka hugs Bucky without warning and he tenses at the interaction.

"Can you help me?" Luka asked Bucky quietly.

"With what?" Bucky asked.

"Can you beat up whoever is beating up my mommy?" Luka asked with his expression turning to anger.

He absolutely hates when he wakes up to you having bruises and cuts on you. His dad used to be the one causing it and he never liked the man. You know it affects Luka a lot but he's used to it and you hate it. Bucky is absolutely taken aback by the kid.

"Where's your mom?" Bucky asked standing up.

Luka lifts his arms up and Bucky takes the hint. He picks him up. Luka points to the way of the playground. Bucky takes the direction he's given and follows the path.

You were about to look for Luka when two men stopped you and you know why. They work for the owner of the fighter you fought last night. They're pissed that you won and you're holding your baby girl.

"Why do you have a child?" Sam asked as him and Steve come upon Bucky and Luka.

"This is Luka," Bucky said.

"There's my mommy, James," Luka said terrified and pointing.

He doesn't know who the men are talking with you but Luka knows they aren't good people. Bucky immediately gets protective.

"This is Sam, Luka. He's gonna protect you while Steve and I go talk with those gentlemen, Okay?" Bucky said looking at Luka with reassuring eyes.

Luka nodded and said, "come back, James."

"I will, I promise," Bucky said.

He handed Luka to Sam and the two super soldiers headed over. Bucky puts his metal arm around your shoulder and Steve crosses his arms over his chest.

"Steve is probably saying something along the lines of 'back in my day...' and B— James has put his metal arm around your mama's shoulders to put fear into their eyes," Sam said as him and Luka are sitting on a bench far enough away.

"His arm isn't that scary," Luka mumbled.

"You know what's scary?" Sam asked.

"Daddy," Luka said.

Sam frowned softly looking at the kid and he said, "I was gonna say that seeing James wake up. He's a mess. His hair is wild, he drools, he doesn't have a full face of makeup on, and he even wets the bed when he's a grown man."

Luka giggled. You and Bucky walked side by side with Steve behind making sure the men don't try anything. You're clenching your jaw making sure the tears don't stream down your face. Luka hops off the bench and runs to you. He wraps his arms around your leg. You rubbed his back.

"Thank you," Luka said looking up at Bucky. "You kept your promise."

"Of course, kid, I couldn't break it," Bucky said smiling at Luka and he crouched down to him. "You can't break promises, right?"

"Right," You said under your breath.

Luka hugs Bucky and Bucky lifts him off the ground standing up.

"Bubba, you wanna see where the Avengers live?" You asked.

Luka nodded happily and Sam said, "careful, there's more scary things there like Captain America's too tight T-shirts."

Sam looked over at Steve who's crossing his arms over his chest and Luka laughs hysterically. You smirk and Bucky laughs with Luka.

"Oh my god!" Sam shuddered. "He's wearing one right now!"

Luka buried his head into the crook of Bucky's neck playing along. Luka's baby sister, Rosie, giggles softly and she lays her head on your shoulder.

"Let's go," Bucky said. "I promise it isn't that scary at the compound."

To be continued?