Years Ago (2) - B.B.

Steve starts stirring awake as Luca carefully comes down the stairs dragging his teddy bear and blanket all while having his thumb in his mouth. Steve opens his eyes and hears the jump from the last step to the floor made by Luca. Steve slides off the couch carefully and Luca rushes over. He grins seeing Steve awake and Steve's eyes widened.

"Uncle Stevie," Luca whispered knowing he's up before everyone else and it happens a lot.

Luca rushes over and tackles Steve into a hug. Steve wraps his arms around the two year old and he's really confused. Apollo yawns loudly from his bed in the corner of the living room closest to the window. Steve looks at the pitbull sort of surprised. Luca leans against Steve's chest holding his teddy bear and has his thumb in his mouth. Steve wraps the blanket that Luca brought around the two year old.

"Where's your parents, kiddo?" Steve whispered and put his back against the couch while still holding your middle child.

"Asleep," Luca whispered with his thumb in his mouth. "We gotta be quiet!"

Steve nodded and looked around the room from his spot on the floor. He kept Luca closely. He hears footsteps coming down the stairs and Luca puts his small hand over Steve's mouth.

"It's too fucking early," Bucky complained softly to your dad.

"Hey, you brought that colt in for your kids," your dad said pointing at Bucky and it worried Steve. "We've got a whole herd to deal with too."

Bucky grumbled and the two went into the kitchen to get their coffee.

"Have you checked on Captain America?" Your dad asked.

"I'll do it right now," Bucky said coming around the corner.

He comes to see Steve about to bolt it out with Luca in his arms.

"Uncle Stevie is awake," Luca said curling up to Steve more.

"How'd ya sleep, Steve?" Bucky asked crouching down.

"I'm okay for a guy who got tranquilized by his own team," Steve said.

Bucky smirked and said, "they tied you up too."

Steve just frowned and asked, "where have you been?"

"Around," Bucky said.

"Dats not specific," Luca mumbled.

Steve chuckles and Bucky raises an eyebrow looking at his son. Luca just smiles happily.

"Munchkin, you should be asleep," Bucky said.

"And you should be helping me with the cattle and your colt, James," your dad said heading out the front door.

Bucky groaned throwing his head back and Luca giggles. Bucky stands up and looks at a pair.

"I'll be back by lunch. Y/n should be awake soon along with her mom. They'll be making jam and I hope to god I don't have to stick my hand up a cow's butthole," Bucky said going into the kitchen. "Luca, Buddy, go back to bed."

Luca growls and Bucky snaps his head back giving his middle child a stern look. Luca giggles and Steve smirks. Bucky shakes his head and heads back into the kitchen. He gets his coffee and heads out the front door. Luca looks up at Steve with admiration in his eyes and Steve looks down at the little kid in his arms. He's pretty sure Bucky is his father with just one look at him.

~~~

Jackson comes down the stairs with bed head and you follow behind carrying his little sister as she whimpers. Steve hears it and sees you. You go into the kitchen and Jackson climbs up onto a chair at the breakfast table in the kitchen. You grab him a bowl and spoon and put it in front of him. You take out the milk and put it on the table. You then grabbed his favorite cereal and put it on the table. He opened the box for you and you helped him pour the cereal into the bowl. You then pour in the milk. You put the cap back on and then put the milk in the fridge. You make a bottle for Ainsley. You grab a mug and pour the rest of the coffee in. You head into the living room and put the mug in Steve's free hand.

"Thank you," Steve whispered.

You just smiled and headed back upstairs knowing your youngest is hungry and you took the bottle you made for her with you. Steve comes into the kitchen with the warm mug of coffee and Luca who's slowly starting to wake up again. He sits across from Jackson who's quietly eating his Cocoa Puffs. Another exact copy of Bucky.

The back door swings open and Bucky peaks his head in. He's not happy at all.

"Y/N!" Bucky called out.

"What do you need?" Steve asked.

Bucky looked at Steve. His boys giggled knowing exactly what happened.

"Daddy must've stuck his hand up a cow's butt," Jackson said with his mouth full.

"Hey, don't talk with your mouth full and the cow wasn't crapping for a few days now," Bucky said. "Anyways, I get 5 bucks for sticking my hand up its butt."

Steve just laughs and you come downstairs. You give Bucky a look and shoo him outside. You follow him behind knowing he needs help with the hose and your dad won't help him.

"Your dad is such a knucklehead," Steve said which made the boys laugh in agreement.