Old Friend - B.B.

(Friends/Modern!AU).

Bucky used to be more on the chubby side when he was a kid and all the way through his teens. He's had a bit of trouble with the bullying from other students for being "too fat" and his weight especially. It definitely got to him a lot back then. You too were picked on for being "too nerdy" and the both of you became friends quickly cause of it. But you two had a major falling out right after graduation. It hurt you so much since you fell in love with that boy and he hurt you badly. You hurt him badly too. He loved and still loves you even if he might not admit it.

You ducked into the small coffee shop hoping that you lost the paparazzi and your ex-boyfriend who's not a great guy. You actually broke up with him at a club and luckily security stopped him so you could run away. You're wearing black stilettos with straps, a black lace bralette, and a black leather skirt. You've already lost your jacket but at least your phone (that's totally dead) and your clutch that has your credit card, debit card, lipstick, mascara, highlighter, and about 3 bucks.

This tall muscular brunette collides into you without paying attention. He luckily catches you before you fall onto your ass. You looked up to see the same blue eyes you knew for most of your life.

"Y/n?" Bucky asked at little loss for words.

You took a deep breath and nodded. You didn't know what to say to him since you might be a little under the influence and you also haven't seen him in years.

"You okay?" He asked quietly with hands still on your waist.

"No, not really," you whispered ever so softly.

"You live nearby?" He asked.

You shook your head no knowing you can't go back to your apartment alone.

"Let's go to my place, okay?" Bucky said.

You nodded and he leads you out but first gives you his jacket. You take his hand into yours and hold it tightly. Bucky knows something is up and you're sticking pretty close to him even after everything. Though, he isn't complaining about the closeness at all.

~~~

You and Bucky got to his floor. He leads you to his apartment. He opened the door and it's unlocked. You followed him in and he comes the door behind himself. His roommate is in one of the recliners and his best friend is in the other. They both have ducks in their laps which confuses you.

"Yo, leave the pizza on the counter, pizza dude," Sam said without even looking.

Bucky goes over and leaves you standing in the kitchen. He smacks them both in the back of the head. Sam screams out.

"That was your fucking metal arm!" Sam yelled rubbing the back of his head and you had just noticed the metal glint.

"The ducks are supposed to be taking their late night bubble bath!" Bucky yelled pointing to the bathroom.

"It's the playoffs! They love watching hockey!" Steve yelled back.

Bucky just shook his head at the two and came over to you. He took your hand into his and led you into his bedroom glaring at the two.

"Hey! You better not disturb the game with your loud ass moaning, Barnes!" Sam yelled.

The ducks quacked and Bucky closed the door behind you.

"Why are there ducks?" You asked quietly and you looked at him.

"My roommate got them. We can't have dogs here so he got ducks instead," Bucky said with a light chuckle and wrapping his arms around you.