Back Together - B.B.

You were The Winter Soldier's partner. You also happened to be his soulmate. You both were a killer duo. If you failed your mission which was rare, they'd torture the both of you. If he failed his mission, you'd both be tortured. You both hadn't gotten away when the fall of SHIELD happened. You both on separate missions and separate sides of the world. You were supposed to take down Coulson's team but you turned against HYDRA. You became a big help to them and ended up briefly joining them until Fury took you under his wing.

Now, you are a part of the Avengers and have been away on a mission which you ended up getting briefly getting captured by HYDRA but it didn't last long. You had just met the other Avengers along with Bucky. He's so happy to see you but you both play along as if you don't know each other. You and Natasha have worked together before so she was the one to introduce you to everyone formally. She however doesn't know about your past with Bucky. Nobody does.

"What the fuck?!" Tony said as Bucky's supposedly "big bad dog" was nuzzling it's head into the crook of your neck whilst you pet it.

You grinned and wrapped your arms around the big fluff ball's neck. You're sitting on the floor with your legs crisscrossed. Orion planted himself in your lap and he's smiling happily as he looks at his owner. Bucky grinned and he couldn't help but smile when he's around you knowing that you're safe after all this time.

"Oh of course he likes the new girl," Sam grumbled.

"I'm not that new," you said scratching behind Orion's ears making him a very happy puppy dog.

"Oh really? Then how come we're just meeting you now, Y/n?" Bucky asked letting your name just roll off his tongue.

"Cause I get shit done without Senator Ross or the public looking over me like a hawk like they do with the rest of you," you said as Orion's tail keeps wagging and hitting your bruised ribs but you act as though it doesn't hurt.

"Lucky," Scott said. "The FBI is always on my back."

Soon enough, the conversation becomes more playful and Bucky places himself on the floor so he can be near you and Orion. Everyone just thinks it's Orion except Wanda. She's decided that she'll keep quiet and participate in the big goofy conversation.

"I've missed you," Bucky whispered looking at you as he presses his head against Orion's which blocks everyone's view of his face.

"I missed you too," you whispered ever so softly.

~~~

You could not sleep at all knowing Bucky is just a few doors away. He should be in bed with you. You just stared up at the plain ceiling. You've had enough time away from him. You got out of bed only wearing your pajama shorts and a loose T-shirt. You headed out of your room and went straight to Bucky's. You didn't hesitate to open his door.

"Doll," Bucky smiled.

You closed the door softly. A lamp is on and he has a book in hand. Orion wags his tail and he's got the left side of the bed all to himself. You tread over to Bucky and he opens his right arm out to you. You climbed in and Bucky made sure to cover you with the mountains of blankets he has. You pressed your lips against his and he happily complies to the kiss. You feel him smile underneath your lips which you can't help but smile as well.

"Man, I love you so much," Bucky said.

"I love you too," you said pressing a kiss to his jaw.

You rested your head his chest and his flesh arm wraps around you pulling you closer to him. You snuggled into him and gave Orion a pet. Bucky continues reading and he can finally focus on the book since he has you again. Soon, you crashed. You haven't really slept ever since the two of you were apart and neither has he. He's been so very anxious and on edge without his soulmate. That all disappeared when he saw you walking into the common room with Natasha.

Bucky put his bookmark into his book and placed it onto his nightstand. He gives Orion a scratch behind the ear before he turns off the lamp. Orion rests his head upon Bucky's metal arm and the three of you fall into a deep peaceful sleep.

~~~

"Where's Y/n?" Natasha asked coming into the common room.

You two are supposed to go shopping today with Steve and Bucky and it's nearly one. You're asleep in Bucky's room. The two of you only got up to feed Orion and go on a early morning walk so he can do his business. You both went back to bed while Orion is just relaxing on the couch in Bucky's room chewing on one of his toys.

"Dunno, I haven't seen Bucky either but then again he's probably sleeping in," Steve said.

"Well, just get his ass so we can go," Natasha said.

Steve sighed and got off the stool. He headed off to Bucky's room with Natasha following since she's gonna check your room again. Steve doesn't bother to knock on the door and he just opens it. He sees you and Bucky entangled together and Orion is happily chewing on his toy. You're also wearing one of Bucky's hoodies.

"Nat," Steve called out.

She comes and sees you two. She's in disbelief. You two had supposedly met yesterday. Just yesterday and you both are getting all cuddly.

"Orion, wake them up," Natasha said crossing her arms over her chest.

She herself is pretty curious and she wants an explanation. Orion complies and happily gets onto the bed. He happily sits on top of the two of you. He happily licks your faces and he happily howls a bit.

"I just let you out!" Bucky exclaimed.

You grumbled hiding your face into Bucky's chest. Bucky looks and sees Natasha and Steve standing side by side.

"Stephen. Natalia," Bucky said.

"Oh shit," you said realizing that you and Nat are supposed to go shopping.

You rolled out of the bed and fell to your ass. You got up and left the room with Orion following you.

~~~

"So, Why was she in your room?" Steve asked.

"We were partners back at HYDRA," Bucky said scratching the back of his neck. "I also have her name on me."

Nat gripped the collar of his shirt and pulled it down exposing his left collarbone. Bucky just gives her a look. Your name is partially on his collarbone and the rest is covered by metal. Nat lets go of his shirt.

"After this whole time and you don't tell me?" Steve said.

"I didn't know if she was alive," Bucky said.

You come into the lobby and you immediately take Bucky's hand into your hand.

"Are we gonna go shopping or should we go to interrogation?" You sassed which made Bucky smile.

"C'mon, let's just go, You two love birds," Steve said.

To be continued?