The Fighter - B.B.

Bucky walked into his old man's old school boxing gym. He had just returned back from Iraq with his best friend Steve. George Barnes kept yelling and directing your form so you would be his perfect fighter in a ring. George Barnes has never in his years taught a female. You're the first and it absolutely shocks Bucky as him and Steve start heading towards the ring.

"This is shocking," Steve muttered and Bucky nodded in agreement

"HEY, DADDY!" Bucky yelled obnoxiously and he gets into the ring as his dad is lecturing you. "I'M HOME!"

He threw his arms around his dad from behind and lifted the 50 something year old man off the ground.  You smiled softly and took the hint to take a break.

"Boy! Put me down," George said pissed.

The 24 year old places down his old man and George spins around. He smacks his son in the back of the head. His son is a lot taller than him but nonetheless he will still smack his obnoxious son.

"Steven," George said glad to see that Steve isn't a little guy anymore.

"Sir," Steve said giving the old Vietnam Vet a salute.

"Y/n, keep doing the drills," George ordered getting out of the ring with Bucky.

The three men sit down on a bench and watch you and M'Baku started the drills you've been trying to perfect.

"Daddy, since when have you started training females?" Bucky asked acting like a kid.

"3 months ago," George said shaking his head at the grown man he calls his son.

"I'm shocked," Steve said.

You vaguely listen to their conversation as you hit the paddles. It's a slightly sexist conversation mainly cause George Barnes is old fashioned and that's how he was raised. But you're growing on him. It was a lot worse when you first asked him to train you. He honestly never thought he would be training a girl at all. He would have thought that it would be another young 18-19 year old boy who has yet to fully mature but it's a 18 year old you.

You're pretty quiet. You don't talk much. Only one word answers mainly. George kinda likes it. He doesn't have to deal with the back talk like he does with his two kids. Rebecca is actually a first year lawyer and she's coming home for dinner tonight. You know that cause Winifred Barnes always has you over to make sure you at least have one home cooked meal a day. Winifred also keeps you updated on everything that goes on in the Barnes family. Sometimes she'll even make you stay the night. It's a lot better than where you camp out.

~~~

Bucky and Rebecca are arguing over something and Steve is just scarfing down a roll. You were supposed to be there. A place is set for you.

"Enough!" George yelled plopping down at the head of the table.

Winifred brings in the rest of the food to the table with Bucky jumping up and helping.

"Why is there a six place setting?" Rebecca asked pointing to the one next to her.

Winifred frowned and took her spot across the table from her husband. George sighed wishing you could be there and see how annoying his kids are.

"Yeah, Ma, it's always us five," Bucky said.

"It's for Y/n," Winifred said.

"Who?" The three asked in unison.

"The girl I'm training," George said.

Rebecca bursted out laughing as she passes down the mashed potatoes.