The Fighter (2) - B.B.

You woke up all sweaty and hot. You have a grown ass man with the chills gripping onto you for warmth. It's Bucky. You know for a fact that you and Bucky have a cold. It's all due to running in the rain.

You groaned and whined trying to get out of his hold. You pushed on his head and wiggled your way out of his grasp. Bucky whimpered like a hurt puppy and you fell onto the floor. You glared at him and got off your ass.

"Come back," Bucky whined and sniffled reaching out for you.

You're hot all over and it sucks. Your nose is all stuffed up and your throat is scratchy. You just feel like shit but you got that fight and you cannot miss it. You need the money. You go into the laundry room and grabbed your joggers out of the dryer. You slipped them on. You put on your shirt and grabbed your jacket. You leave the poor man whining as if he's dying and he's calling out for anybody but nobody is home.

Bucky is disappointed when he hears the front door open and then close. You haven't even said a word to him at all. You're a quiet little fighter to him.

~~~

The next time Bucky sees you is when Steve and Rebecca are helping you into the house. George is pretty pleased. You did take a major beating but you won. Bucky is sitting on the living room couch sipping some tea as he's battling his cold.

"Jesus, Buck, you shoulda seen Y/n fight," Steve said helping you to the couch.

You plopped down on the couch since going slow ain't gonna work for you.

"Ya know, she fought a Romanoff," Rebecca stated as you kicked off your nicest shoes which are your black converse.

"Bullshit," Bucky grumbled.

You looked at him as Winifred brings wet towels, dry towels, ice packs, the first aid kit, and some cold medicine.

"It's true, Natasha Romanoff," Steve said and you take your eyes off of Bucky. "And she won!"

Bucky grumbles some more and Winifred gives you a towel. You pressed it against your busted up lip and Bucky sees how raw your knuckles are. Your hands are slightly shaky and always are after a fight like tonight. Winifred is luckily a nurse and she starts cleaning up your wounds. George comes in after finishing his celebratory cigar.

Bucky looked at you worried and he would cough every so often. He himself used to box a lot. He did it professionally for two years after he turned 18 until he decided his face was more important and his body instead of being beaten to pulp. Therefore, he joined the army once he turned 20 since Steve, a little asthmatic 18 year old, decided he's gonna become a soldier. Bucky was pretty shocked at how non-vocal you are as the alcohol hits your wounds. It stings.

Soon enough, it's just you and Bucky sitting on the couch. He's looking at you and you are looking at your bandaged up hands. You can feel his gaze but you don't wanna look at the man. Part of you wants to go back to your cheap shitty ass apartment and sleep on the mattress on the floor. The other part is pretty content on listening to Bucky's slight wheeze and heavy breathing.

"You got me sick," Bucky said.

You looked at the man and shook your head no. You both were two idiots who decided that running in the rain was a good idea. It was more like both your faults.

"Are you gonna defend yourself? Or am I just gonna have to keep blaming you?" Bucky asked.

He started poking your cheek. If he went lower, he'd poke the bruise on your jaw. He did. On accident. He regrets it. You immediately punched him in his diaphragm using your right hand. He gasped for air as his lungs are spasming out and his muscles tensed. He's in shock at how hard you hit him and he's doubling over in pain. He falls to the floor with a thud and he's on his hands and knees trying to get oxygen back into his lungs. Your left hand now hurts like a motherfucker.

You slide off the couch and sit crisscrossed by Bucky. You place your left hand on his shoulder and you're sort of concerned now. Finally, Bucky can breathe properly again. You removed your hand as he sits on the floor and wheezes. He looks at you.

"I'm sorry, Doll," Bucky breaths out.

"I'm sorry," you mumbled fast and quick and quietly.

Bucky raised his eyebrow not too sure if he heard you. You sighed knowing he didn't catch what you said. You've always been yelled at or sometimes beaten for talking too quietly or for just mumbling. Soon enough, you just ended going quiet. —Not fully mute but some days you just don't talk at all.

"I- I am s-sorry."

"Why?" Bucky stupidly asked.

You opened your mouth to speak but your voice ended up getting lost. You just mimicked the punch you did earlier. Bucky just flashed his award winning smile. You felt your cheeks turn red for the first time in a long time. You immediately covered your blushing face in your bandaged hands as if he were to disappear if you did so. It made him grin wider.

Bucky laid down and put his head in the space where your legs are crossed. He pokes a spot under your chin and you make a fist about to punch him. He covers his face laughing with a bit of a wheeze. You lower your hands and place them on your thighs.

"Doll face, let's watch a movie," Bucky said sitting up.

You nodded once he looked at you but you know you won't be able to get up. Bucky gets up with a wheeze and he looks at you. He's surprised you haven't moved at all but then he realizes that you were practically carried in here and you're all beaten up. He comes to you. He leans down and then scoops you up with ease even though he's sick. Your arms wrapped around his neck and he looks at you grinning. He takes you down into the entertainment room. He places you carefully down on the couch.

"What you wanna watch?" Bucky asked.

You shrugged your aching shoulders.

"Use words please," Bucky said. "Or I'm putting in Rocky again."

You just looked at him and he looked at you covering his mouth as he coughs up a lung.

"Rocky it is," Bucky said and he turned on the TV.

Rocky is already in the DVD player and all Bucky has to do is press play. He does press play and he goes into the laundry room. You relaxed into the couch as Bucky grabs some blankets from the dryer. Bucky comes back and he carefully wraps you up in one of them. He puts a blanket over his shoulders and he plops down on the couch sideways. He carefully grabs you and he pulls you into his chest. You sighed and made yourself as comfortable as possible as you lay on top of him. You're deciding not to fight back. Your muscles relax and you feel at ease with Bucky holding you gently.

To be continued?