See You Again - S.S.

It was late at night. You don't usually take the subway but your body is so sore and your feet hurt a lot therefore you are taking a risk. You're also broke as fuck. You dance all day and waitress tables at a dingy bar. Your great grandmother would roll in her grave if she knew you were working in a dingy bar with men who touch you in not respectful ways. But luckily you didn't have work tonight. You had back to back rehearsals.

You sat on the empty subway by yourself but a man is far across from you reading a book. Sebastian couldn't sleep for some reason tonight. Therefore he walked around the city that never sleeps. He found a book store that was open at this hour and got a book. Now, he's on the subway reading. It's not the most pleasant spot but fuck it's pretty quiet. He saw you come on and he did have to admit that you look a little scared. He can't imagine what women have gone through and you have every right to be scared of men. Most are douches is what you and Sebastian happen to both believe.

The train skids to a stop even though you had just gotten on. The lights go off only leaving the red emergency lights on. Sebastian looked up so annoyed. The light is throwing off his reading. He just sighs and folds the corner of his book. He closes it gently and puts it beside him.

"This red lighting is killing my vibe," Sebastian said crossing his arms over his chest and he makes himself somewhat comfortable.

You laughed softly. He smiled and looked at you.

"It's very ominous and I don't like it. It's just not my aesthetic," Sebastian said.

You looked over at him and asked, "well, what is it then?"

"Puppies," Sebastian said with a toothy boyish grin. "And kittens and happiness."

You giggled and tilted your head still looking at him. He grabbed his book and stood up. He moved to sitting across from you. You recognized him immediately but decided not to say anything.

"So what about you? What's your aesthetic?" He asked.

"I wouldn't know," you said looking at his blue eyes.

"Hmm, What do you do for a living?" Sebastian asked.

"I'm a ballerina and then I work at a bar as a waitress," You said.

His eyes widened and said, "jeez, I wouldn't be able to do that."

"Yeah, you don't seem like the one to wear pointe shoes," you said.

"I also am not that graceful," Sebastian said. "Believe it or not."

"No, I believe it," you said.

"Woah, honesty," he chuckled.

"You know what I do but what do you do?" You asked even though you know exactly what he does.

He smiled. It's been awhile since he's a conversation like this. Sebastian has a feeling that he could and will talk to you for hours.

"I'm an actor," Sebastian said.

"Sounds fun," you smiled and remembered watching your great grandmother's movies.

"Can be until you throw yourself too hard into a set wall and come out on the other side," Sebastian said.

"Sounds like fun," you said laughing.

Soon enough, the two of you just kept on talking. It could be about the most random shit ever and you two could talk for hours about it. Sebastian even moved again and sat with you on the bench. He talked about his life and his friends and his mom. You can tell he's such a mama's boy. You also talked about your life, your family, and your great grandmother without giving away just truly who she is.

The train started moving again and you both were relieved since you both didn't want to stay on the subway. You both got off on the next stop deciding not to risk being stuck again knowing how shitty the subway can be. What sucks the most is that you don't want to walk home.

"So, are you gonna get an cab?" Sebastian asked as the two of you made the trek up the stairs.

"Nah, I'm gonna walk," you said.

"And how far is your place?" Sebastian asked.

"Like 7 blocks away," you said.

"Oh my god, I can't let you walk all that way," Sebastian said.

"It's quite alright," you said.

Sebastian just shook his head no. He waved down a cab and cab pulls up. He opens the door for you.

"Don't worry about it. I'll cover it," he said.

"But—," you said stepping into the cab.

"Do me a favor and keep dancing," Sebastian said pulling out a hundred from his wallet. "I'll see you again, ballerina."

He gives the cabby the hundred and said, "take her to where she needs to go."

Sebastian closed the door and you gave him a look. It felt like a scene in a movie to the both of you. He watched the cabby drive off and he smiled. Sebastian knows he'll see you again. He doesn't know how or where. But he'll definitely see you soon.

To Be Continued?