Protective - B.B. (Request)

Bucky has always been protective of you. You love it so much. When he found out you, his fiancée, is pregnant with his child, he got very protective of you. It can get annoying sometimes but you know he doesn't want to lose you or his baby.

Right now, Bucky has both hands over your baby bump and you're in between his legs. You've got a iPad propped up with your legs. You two are watching a movie and it's softly playing as the two of you are talking.

"Are we gonna tell anyone?" You asked looking up at him.

He shrugged his shoulders knowing exactly what you're talking about. It took him over 7 months to tell anyone at the compound that he's engaged to you and it took him longer than a year to tell anyone that he had a girlfriend. You're on your third trimester nearing the end.

Only your family and close friends have known about you and Bucky from day 1. He truly adores your parents and could never lie to the sweet old couple that he loves calling his family. Sam knows that you're pregnant but he doesn't know how long. He's been trying to get it out of Bucky for the last few weeks and tries making unexpected visits but he manages to miss you all the time. You find it funny at how hard Sam tries. Steve doesn't know anything since he's been off on a mission most of the time.

"You know, you can't just show up at the compound one day with our daughter and be like 'oh yes, I've had a two year old daughter for the past two years. Sorry I didn't tell you till now,'" you said sarcastically.

Bucky laughed and kissed your temple.

"It would be hilarious," Bucky said quietly.

"Yeah and they would be pissed," you said. "You cannot hide me and your child from them forever."

"Hawkeye did it!" Bucky said. "He's got three kids and wife who are having a great time on their farm!"

"Bucky," you said sitting up and giving him a scolding look.

"Baby Doll," Bucky said.

"Don't do that. Don't you dare, James. They're your family. You can't hide this from them!" You yelled pointing to your bump. "They'll be fucking livid with you! Especially Steve! He's your best friend! Don't you think you would want him to tell you if anything like this happens?!"

Bucky doesn't respond. You grabbed your favorite blanket yanking it off of him and got off the bed. You glared at him and left the room wrapping the blanket around you. He frowned and just got lost in thought instead of yelling back at you. He knows yelling at you probably won't solve anything. It'll just make things worse.

~~~

You woke up and went into your bedroom. Amy Winehouse plays and Bucky immediately spun you around. You rolled your eyes and danced with the man. He loves dancing with you every morning even if the two of have been fighting. It will not stop the dancing to Amy Winehouse in the mornings.

The whole tradition began when he had a nightmare. He told you he used to dance back in the forties and how much fun that has been for him. Therefore, you made him dance with you to Amy Winehouse and the two of you made a promise.

"I love you," Bucky said leaning down and pressing his lips against yours.

"I love you too, lover boy," you said still mad at him.

He growled playfully and kissed your jaw. You gasped realizing your water broke.

"Bucky," you said.

He grinned but froze seeing how tense you are. Bucky looks at you and straightens up.

"Yeah, baby doll?" Bucky asked looking at you with furrowed brows.

"My water broke," you said.

"Well, shit, I guess the Avengers will never meet her," Bucky said sarcastically and putting his hands on his hips. "What a shame."

"Bucky," you said with a nervous laugh.

"It's alright, it's alright, Doll," Bucky said kissing your cheek. "We'll get you to the hospital and we'll have our baby girl, okay?"

You nodded and he kissed you giving you this calming vibe to you.

~~~

You held your baby girl close on your chest and Bucky is sitting on the hospital bed by your feet. He's on the phone and he's looking at the two of you lovingly. He doesn't get how lucky he got to have you two. It amazes him.

"Yeah pass. I'm not doing that mission tomorrow... Why? I have a child to protect... oh my god, you trash panda, I'm gonna feed you to the coyotes... yeah go put Steve on the phone," Bucky sassed into the phone.

It made you smile and he smiled back at you. It was a long birth and the two of you are pretty tired. At least, your daughter is asleep peacefully as the two of you do skin to skin contact. You have your soft fuzzy blanket over the two of you.

"Oh, hey, Steve," Bucky said grinning hearing Steve's voice. "Yeah I can't come into work tomorrow... why? Cause I need to be put on maternity leave."

You gently kicked him and he looked at you.

"It's paternity leave for you," you said softly.

"OH!" Bucky said in realization. "Yeah, Steve, I need to be put on PATERNITY leave."

You just smiled at how much of a dork this man is. Nonetheless, you love him so much and this baby girl in your arms.

"You're telling me that I don't have a child?! Well, sir, I'm looking right at her and she's beautiful, Steve," Bucky said. "I'd say come out and see her but I don't need you getting her all sick with your asthmatic ass. Good day, Stephen. —I SAID GOOD DAY!"

He hangs up the phone and crawls up the bed carefully. You chuckled softly at what just happened.

"My little family. I still can't believe that you're topless underneath that child and that blanket, Doll," Bucky said.

You just shook your head and he wrapped his arms around you carefully. He laid on his side and looked at his baby girl.

"We made that," Bucky whispered softly.

You nodded and he kissed your cheek.

"Thank you," Bucky said.

"For what?" You asked quietly.

"For everything. I know I get very overprotective of you when it comes to the Avengers but they're idiots. I don't want to lose you and it's scary to think about it therefore I rather keep them in the dark about you," Bucky said. "So, Thank you for dealing with that. Also, thank you for making me a dad."

"No problem, James," You said looking at him teary eyed. "Thanks for making me a mom."

He immediately takes the opportunity to kiss you and you honestly melted into him. You just can't get enough of him even if he pisses you off.