Poisoned - B.B.

You and Bucky absolutely hate each other. Honestly, you both love causing trouble with each other. It's the highlight of your week at least. Recently, you've been told that your kidneys are shutting down. Bruce mentioned a few months ago, a side affect of the poison you digested that Hydra gave you is kidney failure. You're pretty positive it's that.

You're stuck in a hospital bed hooked up to many machines trying to keep you alive whilst you wait for kidney donor before all your organs shut down. Now, the Avengers don't know this. You don't wanna tell them. You yourself are absolutely terrified and don't want to seem weak to them. You always thought they were stronger than you so you'd always belittle yourself behind the scenes when they aren't around.

Bucky walked into the loft of the great Avengers Tower after finishing his month long mission with the others. He expected you there to yell at him for something stupid like his boot laces being untied. He undid them purposely. He loves when the two of you bicker.

"Where the fuck is Y/n?" Bucky asked looking around.

Most said 'dunno' or just shrugged. He went straight off to your room. He opened your door abruptly knowing you hate it. Your bed is made and empty. There's a stillness in the air and Bucky knows something is wrong.

"God fucking damnit," Bucky said.

He immediately took out his phone and dialed your number. He put the phone to his ear as he listened to the ringing. He walked out of the room worried as the phone kept ringing and ringing. Nothing. He tries again pressing the elevator button up.

"Answer the phone!" Your doctor yelled to an intern as she did chest compressions on you.

The intern scrambles for the phone and leaves the room.

"Hello?" The intern said nervously.

"Y/n," Bucky said.

"Uh no, she's in the hospital," the intern said.

"Why?" Bucky asked keeping his calm and he sat down on the floor.

"Her organs are shutting down, sir. She needs a kidney transplant," she said.

"I'm on my way. Do me a favor and keep her alive," Bucky said and he started tying his laces of his combat boots.

He hung up his phone and finished tying his boots. He gets off the floor and goes straight to the garage.

~~~

Bucky walked into the hospital and headed straight to the nearby nurse's station. He's already texted everyone where he is so that they won't go on man hunt to find him.

"My best friend, Y/n Y/l/n, is here and I'm told that she's dying and in need of a kidney," Bucky said. "I'm offering up one of mine."

~~~

You slowly start coming to and you hear the switching of shows on the TV. You looked to your left to see Bucky hooked up to an IV and with a remote in his metal hand. He's shirtless and has bandages around his abdomen. He's got a few treated cuts on his face and some bruising on his body.

Bucky looked over at you and asked, "you want Five Guys, Shwarma, or pizza? I'm also thinking about making Steve bring us some entertainment like that you-pad."

"It's an iPad," you said.

"You-pad," Bucky said.

You shook your head no and he grabbed his phone off of his tray table. He starts texting Steve and he gets out of the bed carefully. He's wearing some hospital sweatpants with the logo on them. He takes out his IV and shuffles over to you. He climbs into your bed and you scoot over as best as you can. You lift your head up and Bucky puts an arm around your shoulders. You put your head back down which rests on his bicep. He laced his metal fingers with your hand that's rested on your stomach. His head rests on yours as he keeps typing out a text to Steve.

BuckNasty:

can you pick up some
five guys and bring me an iPad?

Natasha:

Why?

CaptainCrunch:

Where are you? You aren't in your room

RedRobin:

his location pings him at the hospital

Fuck off samuel
Please just bring me five guys and
be sure to get Y/n's order too

~~~

You leaned into Bucky as the both of you are ignoring his buzzing phone which he ended up crushing in his hand. He then tossed it across the room.

"Why are you here?" You asked looking at Bucky.

"My mission went south," Bucky lied.

You looked at him worried and he ran his fingers through your hair. He pressed his lips against your forehead.

"Don't look at me like that, it makes it seem like you care about me," Bucky said looking at you.

"Well, maybe I do," you said defensively.

He pressed his soft lips against yours and it took you by surprise. You closed your eyes and kissed back. He gives your thigh a squeeze as he pulls you closer to him. Your heart is racing and it's showing up on your heart rate monitor. It starts beeping and a team of nurses run in. You and Bucky quickly parted.

"That's my fault," Bucky said as you are blushing.

"Where's your IV, Mr. Barnes?" One of them asked.

"Right there," Bucky said pointing to the IV pole right behind him.

"Get back into your own bed, Sergeant Barnes," the doctor said coming.

Bucky grumbled and did what was asked but not without kissing you first. The doctor is actually a former military surgeon and the two had a brief discussion of their time in the service before you woke up. Bucky found out that the doctor is actually one rank higher than he is which pissed Bucky off so much but he follows the doctor's orders just because he's a rank higher than him.

You bit the bottom of your lip as you watched a nurse reinsert a IV into Bucky. You honestly want the man back in your bed cuddled up with and you wanted to fall asleep in your arms. But you'll have to deal with him being in the bed next to you. Bucky gave you a boyish grin.

"Steve should be bringing us Five Guys," Bucky said once the doctor and nurses cleared out.

You just nodded.

"Stop giving me that look, I can't handle you looking at me like a little puppy that was tossed to the side whilst it's brothers and sisters are getting adopted," Bucky said.

You pouted looking at him.

"When the lights are turned off and it's night time, imma gonna come over there," Bucky said. "They can't keep me away from you for this long, Doll. Just you wait."

"Okay," You said still pouting.

He frowned and looked at you. He sat up and threw his legs over the edge.

"Get back in bed, Sergeant," the doctor said walking past.

Bucky stuck his tongue out and grumbled. You chuckled slightly as Bucky gets back into his bed.

"Just a few more hours, Doll," Bucky whispered.

"Alright, Sarge," you said.

To be continued?