King Of New York - B.B.

James Buchanan Barnes, the King of Brooklyn soon to be King of all New York, walks into the high ceiling dance studio with large windows showcasing the night sky. He crosses his arms as you gracefully practice by yourself not even noticing his presence. However, at the end of the rotation you stop facing him. You had missed the rehearsal dinner.

"I'm sorry," you said barely even audible.

He shakes his head no and said, "no, you aren't."

James walks to you but it's slow paced and he isn't in a rush. You wrap your arms around yourself and looked at the floor. Your breath hitches when the polished black shoes stop in front of you. Two cold metal fingers touch the soft skin underneath your chin and slowly lift your head up to look at him.

"What I mean is you much rather be dancing instead of going to a stupid rehearsal dinner, am I right?" The mob boss asked.

You nodded. He gave you a soft smile. He held out his hand to you and you hesitated before taking it. He knows you're terrified of him. He doesn't blame you. He has a metal arm for God's sakes but he gives you the flesh, the weaker of the two. It's scarred but soft and callused.

He twirls you slowly. However, he lets go of your hand and steps back watching you do rotation after rotation. It makes him smile hearing you giggle. Even though the wedding is just business deal with your father so that James can truly be the king of New York, he doesn't think being with you is a bad idea. It might even do him some good.

"It definitely was stupid. We don't need to rehearse dinner," James mumbled once you stopped and his hands are on your hips. "You're just eating. I'm pretty sure everyone can do it except people in retirement homes."

You giggled which made James's heart sing. It was music to his ears.

"Your bridesmaids kept bitching to my men. It was obnoxious," James said.

"I'm sorry. I didn't choose them. My mom did," you said.

"Not your fault, Doll. How about we drop your sisters and make them guests instead?" James asked.

"Okay," You said.

"And I'll get some much nicer women to step in," he said.

"Okay," You said.

"Anything else I need to get you?" He asked pulling you closer and taking out his phone.

You thought about it. It's been pretty much your mother and his mother planning the wedding as if the two of you are in love. That's what they think. Scott Lang is the middleman making sure it's up to James's standards and liking since he is paying for it. But he wants to make sure you like it since he feels as though nobody else is caring what you think. You are the bride after all and you're in this arranged marriage with him getting no say at all. He just wants it to be easy on you.

"Donut wall," you mumbled.

"A what?" He asked looking at you.

"A. Donut. Wall," you said a little louder.

His eyebrows furrowed and he pressed his phone to his ear.

"Scott, there needs to be a donut wall," James said into his phone and you smiled widely. "I don't care what our mothers say. I just need the donut wall."

"Oh my god. They're gonna flip. I'll get that donut wall, boss."

"Great. Call Steve to have him let Natasha, Peggy, Wanda, and Hope are a go as the bridesmaids," he said.

"Thank fucking god. The sisters are like evil witches. But I'll get that donut wall and call Steve."

"Great," James said and he hung up.

You both looked at each other and you said softly, "thank you."

"It's nothing, Doll. Let me take you home since we got a big day tomorrow," James said taking your hands into his.

~~~

You walked down the aisle with your father. James stood at the altar wearing a fitted black tuxedo. You couldn't help but smile seeing your sisters glare at you. Bucky kept his composure seeing you give them a devious smile but he did smile. He's decided that he'll definitely love having you around. He also has to admit that you look absolutely beautiful in the white dress.

James took your hand into the gloved metal and it surprises you that he's covering it. You two stand before each other holding hands. It did reassure you to have him looking at you and making you look at him instead of all the people who are here to see him get married. The Catholic priest (which his mother had to have for the two of you) started speaking and you both knew it would be awhile till vows are exchanged.

You looked up at James and he looks bored as hell as he looks at the priest. You watched his lips move ever so slightly as a song played in his head. You wonder which song it is. Is it rock & roll? A cheesy pop song? Rap? Jazz? Opera? If it's opera, you are gonna laugh.

Soon enough, you both say your I do's. He leaned forward and down. Your lips locked together. It wasn't bad. It was a bit weird but then again you both barely know each other. It was a very gentle kiss.

"MR. AND MRS. BARNES!" The priest announced.

James helped you down the steps since you are wearing high heels and you aren't that great in them surprisingly. You kept your hand in his as the both of walked down the aisle.

"That wasn't so bad," James said once the doors opened to the outside.

"He talked forever," you mumbled.

You both soon left the Saint Patrick's Cathedral in a white Audi. Scott is driving to the reception venue. James's hand hasn't left yours at all.

"I'm pretty surprised that you're okay with being married to me," he said quietly breaking the silence.

"Yeah, well, you seem to be the only person to care," you said.

"How so?" He asked turning in his seat to face you more.

"My parents always cared more about my sisters and their needs and their wants and their lives. They even got protection while I didn't. It was like I was the Fredo of the family," you said.

He tucked a strand of curled hair behind your ear and let you continue to speak before he put his input.

"Even though, I'm in the spotlight as a ballerina, they could careless that I'm successful. Stephanie wanted daddy out of the Mafia so he could be around her children. My mother wanted me married off even though, I'm barely 21. She just wanted me to be someone else's problem. So, since you wanted to be the King of New York, they saw this whole thing as a win win," you explained. "And I get no choice in the matter. However, you let me pick out the dress and I'm pretty sure you got me that donut wall. You're also listening to me and not brushing me off like everyone else. So, yeah, I'm pretty okay with this arrangement as long as I can still dance, James."

"Of course, I'll make sure of it," James said. "Also call me Bucky, Doll, we're married."

You smiled. You'll definitely be happy with this arrangement.

To be continued?