Fourth Year - B.B.

You were just 21 and you just joined a SEAL team. It was in the middle of a mission in dark of the night in Colombia when your whole team dusted into nothing. You ended up getting captured by the cartel that your team was supposed to take out. Nearly two years of torture and you're still alive and fighting.

You get pulled out of the trunk of a car you were stuffed into. You get dragged and you can tell it's dark outside. You can hear the bugs and your captors speaking in their native language. Soon enough, you're pushed into a stream. Your knees hit the rocks and you groaned. You get hit with a stick.

"Hey!" A man's voice said and you could hear the repulsers. "Go before I blast you shitheads out of existence."

You just keep yourself calm and hear feet running away. The car starts and it speeds off. The bag gets pulled off and in front of you is War Machine.

"Hey, kid," he said.

You looked up at him and asked, "what the fuck happened? My team dusted out of existence."

Rhodey told you what happened. Half the universe is gone. He takes you back to the compound. You became a part of the Avengers.

You're now sitting on the couch with a tub of ice cream. In black sharpie is the name Bucky on the side. Yes, it isn't your ice cream. No, you do not care. It was rough ass solo mission that probably left you a bit scarred literally and figuratively. So before you deal with your injuries and your mental and emotional health, you're having Bucky's ice cream.

Everyone else was dealing with fighting with 2014 Thanos whilst you dealt with a human trafficking ring. So you haven't met this Bucky guy nor have you had the chance to mourn for Natasha (since you just learned from some agent) or say goodbye to Steve, the guy who would come to the compound once in awhile. Tony is still around but now he's sporting a metal arm and is enjoying his lake house with his daughter and with another on the way. It's been over 8 months since they fought 2014 Thanos.

Bucky walked in and stopped in his tracks which ended up with Sam bumping into his back.

"Hey, you cant be stopping right there!" Rhodey said pushing past the two.

"That's my fucking ice cream," Bucky said.

You threw the ice cream and it slammed against a wall. You stood up and tossed the spoon behind you.

"What fucking ice cream?" You hissed and you have tears in your eyes.

Bucky was fuming. Rhodey was shocked. Sam bursted out laughing. Rhodey immediately came forward before Bucky could start yelling at you. He took you away into the conference room nearby that's located by the kitchen.

"Why wasn't I told that she was dead? Why did I- did I fucking learn from a stupid intern?!" You screamed. "WHY WAS I LAST TO KNOW!?!"

"You were on a mission, Y/l/n, everything was happening so fast. I'm sorry you weren't told sooner," Rhodey explained.

Your fist immediately ended up smashing through the glass table. You screamed. You're hurt. Emotionally. Physically. And psychologically. The one who you looked to as an older sister is dead. You didn't even get grieve with everyone else. You practically are grieving alone. You didn't get to go to the stupid funeral. You didn't get anything but an intern briefly mentioning that Natasha is dead.

Rhodey left the room and stood outside as you destroy it. He feels for you and he also doesn't want to get hurt. He knows Tony will get after him for letting you destroy the fucking conference room. Bucky comes over and sees you through the glass having a mental break down.

"Don't. If this is about the fucking ice cream, I'll buy you more," Rhodey said.

However, Bucky goes in. He comes up from behind you and wraps his arms around you tightly but not enough to hurt you. He shushed you are kicking and screaming. Clint comes up to Rhodey.

"Natasha?" He asked.

"Yeah," Rhodey said.

"It's okay, it's okay," Bucky said softly into your ear.

You broke down crying in his arms. It's the big fat ugly cry and Bucky could careless. He sees that you're hurting and feeling a bit betrayed. He holds you close to his chest and you've stopped fighting to get out of his hold. Your hands are bleeding and gripping onto Bucky's forearms, both metal and nonmetal. Your head falls to his right bicep and you cry into it.

"I've got you," Bucky said and you calmed down a bit.

"Wow," Sam said watching the interaction.

"Shut it, Newbie," Rhodey said.

"I'm not a newbie," Sam said.

"Yes you are," Rhodey said.

"Technically, Y/n has been an Avenger longer than you so you, Buck Nasty, and Wanda are the newbies," Clint said.

"But we were dusted to oblivion!" Sam said.

"Yeah, but you three were criminals making you practically resign yourselves from being Avengers and technically this is still Buck Nasty's first year whilst it's going onto Y/n's fourth year. You've only been an Avenger for two years and 8 months," Rhodey said.

Sam crossed his arms over his chest and puffs it out.

"Who's Y/n?" Sam asked.

To be continued?