Christmas Surprise - B.B.

Bucky was pretty disappointed that he isn't gonna put his little munchkin to bed before Santa comes. He walked through the airport with his formal army uniform on. He sees all these other families who look pissed that they're flying somewhere on Christmas Eve. Nobody really has any joy and it's putting a damper on his mood. He sees them all taking things and each other for granted especially when they have each other right now.

Bucky comes down the escalator but what he doesn't see yet is his princess in her pjs and all bundled in her winter gear sitting on the floor holding her Build-a-Bear army soldier tightly. You're there holding his newborn baby boy that decided to come earlier than planned but is healthy nonetheless. When Bucky sees you, he gets tears in his eyes.

"Daddy!" Brooklyn squealed running to him.

He drops to his knees and opens up his arms to her. She runs into him and he lets out a grunt. He wraps his arms around her tightly and smothers her in kisses.

"I missed you so much, princess," Bucky said.

He's up on his feet seeing you standing right in front of him with tears streaming down your cheeks. Brooklyn attaches herself to his leg and you come into Bucky's arms. He wraps an arm around you and pulls you close. A hand ends up his little boy's head that you're cradling in your arms and it's the first time that Bucky is meeting him. Tears spill.

"Doll," Bucky said. "You were supposed to wait."

"I know but he didn't want to," you said.

Bucky kissed you on the lips and on the cheek. He takes baby Grant and he's just holds him against his chest. He's overcome with emotions holding his son. He's got tears streaming down his cheeks as he looks at his little man. He cannot wait to play catch with him or even go to bed with him. Bucky just remembers when he could be lulled to sleep having Brooklyn on his chest as a baby.

"Let's go home," Bucky said looking at you.

~~~

Bucky finds himself awake with Grant who's just making little baby noises and just warming his dad's heart. He had helped you set up the presents while Brooklyn was sound asleep in her room. Bucky's so happy to be back. He knows that the three- wait, four of you will have to go see his mother later. He still cannot believe you had Grant without him and didn't tell him. It was a very nice surprise along with being able to put his three year old to bed telling her that Santa is coming tonight even when it's way past her bedtime.

"Baby, go to bed," you whispered kissing his bicep.

"You go to bed," Bucky sassed.

You just shook your head and buried your head into his side moving his arm. He chuckles softly and puts his arm around you.

"You're absolutely worse than Brooklyn," Bucky whispered.

"Shut up," you mumbled.

He rubs your back and you curled up to him with ease. You soon dozed off again and Bucky smiled hearing your soft snoring that you only get around winter time. He finds it oh so adorable.

"Your mama's crazy," Bucky whispered ever so quietly to the baby on his chest.

~~~

Brooklyn is watching her dad build this dollhouse that you bought for her under Bucky's wishes. He's sitting on the floor with his legs crisscrossed. Frosty The Snowman plays on the flat screen TV and is low key distracting Bucky as he builds the dollhouse with Brooklyn helping. Grant's on the couch with pillows around him to make sure he won't go anywhere. You're in the kitchen starting to make breakfast and Bucky's coffee.

The front door busts open to Sam and Steve. The two are in uniform and wearing Santa hats.

"WE GOT LEAVE!" Sam announced dancing into the house as Steve plays Christmas music off of his phone. "Uncle Sam and Uncle Steve are here to fill Papa's absence!"

You just laughed from the kitchen and Bucky just looks down the hallway to see his two dumbass best friends.

"Daddy, dollhouse," Brooklyn said grabbing Bucky's face.

"Alright, dollface," Bucky said turning his attention to the pink dollhouse.

"Goddamn it," Sam said coming into the living room. "He's got leave too."

Steve gasped and looked at you.

"You had Grant!" Steve said happily seeing the awake baby boy and easily picks him up.

"Without me," Bucky grumbled.

"Don't be grumpy, James," you said handing Sam a cup of coffee.

"I'm not grumpy," Bucky said and you came over to him with his coffee. "Thank you, doll."

You gave him a quick peck on the lips and said, "yeah, you are. You're welcome."

He grumbled of course and you went back into the kitchen.

"When did you get back, Buck?" Steve asked sitting on the couch.

"Last night. I was put on a civilian 747 and somebody brought the kids and surprised me at the airport," Bucky said taking a sip of his coffee. "It was a very sweet Christmas surprise."