Undercover - B.B.

You get dragged in by Officer Lang. You spot two detectives in suits discussing a case they're working on. You'd recognize them anywhere. James Buchanan Barnes & Stephen Grant Rogers. Those two have been best buds all throughout high school and you were a part of the trio. James or Bucky as he likes to be called, was your boyfriend back then. The two were three years older than you so when the joined the service and left you behind to fend for yourself in the Brooklyn high school, it was no doubt that you three lost contact with each other. It sucked for you but you managed. You got into a Ivy League school and then became a cop. After your first year, the FBI saw your skills and soon enough you were on their pay roll.

If Bucky and Steve recognize you, it could blow your whole cover. You don't need that. You are so close to putting an end to the human trafficking ring that has now entered New York. It started down in Florida and has moved across multiple state lines. You and a fellow agent have been put in. Agent Natasha Alianova Romanoff. You two actually became good friends almost like sisters and managed to keep each other sane for this op. However, Officer Lang caught you speaking to Agent Barton and giving him intel. Lang thought it was prostitution and you look like a suspect for one of the detectives cases. Which? You don't know. But Barton briefly told you that the FBI will handle everything before he drove off leaving you to be arrested.

However, as you are moved around a desk to interrogation, Bucky sees you with handcuffs. His heart just stops. He sees you in these silver heels, pink bob wig with bangs, and this silver sparkly dress that he would never expect you to wear. You have more of this preppy style that he adored. You didn't have to dress showing a lot of skin just to have boys looking at you or for confidence and he loved it. Your dad also wouldn't allow you to wear a dress like what you're wearing right now.

You get put into interrogation immediately after Lang briefly speaks with Lieutenant Margret Carter, Steve's fiancé. You sit down on the cold metal chair and see the classic mirror. 6 months ago, you were the FBI agent interrogating some criminal and you loved it especially when you get the crook. But there's also some major adrenaline rushes with going undercover. You just gotta make sure these cops don't blow your cover at all.

"Buck? Buck," Steve said waving a hand in front of the brunette's face.

"That was Alex," Bucky said standing up.

Carter sits across from you. The boys are off to watch your interrogation. Bucky is so very anxious seeing your face.

"So, Amber Travis, one of my officers caught you doing some prostitution," Carter said.

Bucky was fuming. He knew for a fact that your family was much wealthier than his so he doesn't know why you'd be out doing this. Steve is absolutely shocked and he wonders why the fake name. They both see the file in Peggy's hands and can read most of what's showing.

"He must've been wrong... so foolish," you said giggling like a school girl.

It made Bucky's skin crawl. He doesn't like that laugh. It's not your real one. He can vividly imagine your laugh, it was like music to his ears. Even on his darkest of days, he'd think of you and your voice and your smile. It would put him down to his knees if he could just have you again. He got engaged to Dot but she wasn't his doll. You were. Even though you two dated for a little over 4 months in high school, he knows you are the one meant for him. He just wishes he wasn't a dumbass to let you go and loose contact with you.

He isn't thinking straight. He gets out of the room with disapproval of Steve. He flings open the door to interrogation. Peggy is confused as to why.

"Alex," Bucky said looking at you.

"Who the hell is Alex?" You asked looking at him like he's gone mad.

"It's you!" Bucky yelled.