His Sun & His Moon - B.B.

You pulled up into your childhood home's driveway. You just needed to getaway from the spotlight and especially your douchebag of a fiancé— scratch that ex fiancé. You got out of your white Jeep and Friday your German Shepard puppy hops out. She follows you as you go to the trunk. You opened up the back and started grabbing your bags.

Down the street on the corner, Detective Barnes awaits for his little four year old with a few other parents. It was her first day of kindergarten and also the day that Dot, the girl you absolutely hated and Bucky's high school sweetheart, decided to leave. Now, Bucky and Dot already divorced back in January of this year so it wasn't heartbreaking for Bucky. But he knows it's probably gonna be rough on his baby girl.

The bus pulls up and a few kids come off first until a crying Oriana come off.

"Honey, what happened?" Bucky asked helping her down the bus stairs.

She just sobs and he picks her up. He rubs her back and gets some worried looks from other parents. He starts walking down the sidewalk and he looks at his little girl with his heartbreaking.

"Wanna tell daddy's what's wrong?" Bucky asked.

"A-a boy said O-Oriana is a stupid name and that- that my parents don't love me," she cried out.

"That's some bullshit," Bucky said shaking his head.

Bucky takes a knee and sits Oriana down on his thigh. He moves her hair out of her face and he sees her red tear stained cheeks. He uses his thumb and wipes away her tears.

"My baby girl, First of all, that kid is a turd and bully. He doesn't matter at all to us—," Bucky said

"Secondly, Oriana means sun in Italian," you said looking at your phone whilst holding Friday knowing Friday loves people.

Both of them looked at you and you glanced over. Oriana is shocked. She's seen a teenager with one of your tour hoodies. Bucky couldn't believe it at all. After all these years, you've come back to this small town in New York. He knows you made it big in LA and all over the world. He knew you could. He also believes that you're engaged which pains him a lot more than he'd like to admit.

"I'm pretty sure your dad named you that cause your the light of his life. —I would've. I'm like 99.9% positive that he stole the name from me," you said making your way up to the front door.

You leave the two and head on inside. Bucky looks at Oriana.

"It's true, I did steal it from her but don't tell her that," Bucky whispered lifting up Oriana and standing up.

~~~

You and Friday run and jump into the pool. Ori hears the splashing and cheerful barking. She sneaks outside as her dad changes out of his suit and she races over to the treehouse that's in between your parents house and Bucky's. It was built by both your dads since the two of you were so close as kids. Not so much now. Ori climbs up carefully as Bucky is coming down the stairs.

"Friday, c'mere," You cooed clapping your hands at the dog who's running around on the pool deck.

However, Friday gets distracted as Oriana is coming down the steps that oh so need to be replaced. Friday rushes over and you see. Your eyes widened. You quickly get out of the pool and race over.

"Woah," you said catching Ori before she falls.

She looks at you with a smile. Her cheeks are still tear stained but she's in a much better mood.

"Sweetheart, my dad hasn't fixed the ladder since he's so lazy. You gotta be careful, I don't want you getting hurt," you said.

"I just wanted to see the puppy," Ori said pointing to Friday.

You smiled and put her down. Friday immediately jumps on Ori. She falls back but she bursts into giggles as Friday starts licking her. You grinned watching the pair meanwhile Bucky is about to have a panic attack. You grabbed your towel and wrapped it around yourself. You go over to the fence. You peak over the fence and see Bucky panicking inside.

"Shit, fucking shit. I've already fucking lo—," Bucky started freaking out as he looked under the kitchen table.

A ball slamming into the window brings him back. He straightens up with hitting his head on the table and looks outside to see you laughing at him. He's fuming. You disappear for a second and grabbed a chair and pulled it to the fence. You grab Ori as she's holding Friday and stand up on the bench. You hold her up and she holds up Friday. She struggles a bit but nonetheless she proceeds.

"Ori, you can't be leaving the house without telling me," Bucky said coming out to his backyard.

Ori pouted holding Friday close to her chest and you looked at her.

"How did you even get over there?" Bucky asked coming up to the fence.

Ori kept her lips sealed and Bucky looked at you.

"The hatch is still open, James," you said nodding towards the treehouse in the corner of both yards.

"James? Really?" Bucky asked stepping on a rock to gain a bit of height.

"That's your name isn't it?" You asked smirking.

"His name is daddy," Oriana said adamantly.

The two of you laugh. It was genuine. You put Friday down and held Ori on your hip.

"Daddy, what's her name?" Ori asked.

"You wanna know her name?" Bucky asked.

She nodded.

"Her name is Selena," Bucky said pointing at you.

"Wow, you remembered?!" You said sarcastically.

Bucky let out a sigh and rolled his eyes. He folded his arms on top of the fence.

"What does it mean?" Oriana asked looking at you.

"Selena means moon. So since your the sun, Oriana, I'm the moon," you said looking at her.

"Yes, I just had to have both the sun and the moon," Bucky said.

"And we get the 15th president of the United States," you sassed looking at Bucky.

Oriana giggled. Bucky gave you a look and you just smiled at him. Oriana wiggles out of your arms and you place her down carefully. Her and Friday start playing again.

"So, What brings you back, Hollywood?" Bucky asked.

"My parents need me," you lied looking down.

"NO WE DONT!" Your dad yelled.

You took a deep breath and know for a fact that you have so many comebacks to say. You bite your tongue instead. Bucky frowns and looks at you.

"What's got you living at home?" You asked looking at Bucky.

"Oh just ya know.... parents need me," Bucky said.

"NO THEY DON'T! THEY'RE IN HAWAII LIVING IT UP LIKE I SHOULD BE!" Your dad yelled. "YOU TWO ARE LIARS!"

You groaned and looked at Bucky. He just laughed.

To be continued?