The Cheerleader & The Nerd - B.B.

Head cheerleader. You hate it with your entire soul. You're just doing it to make your parents proud. Your mother was head cheerleader. Your older sister was head cheerleader. Your brother was quarterback but he much rather you be a nerd. However, you have this stupid legacy to uphold. It makes no sense to you at all. You just wanna survive high school and the only way is being ruler of the school.

James has a different story. He just moved to Queens. Back in Brooklyn, he was bullied but he also had the protection of his quarterback best friend, Steve. Ever since James got to Queens, he's been targeted by Brock Rumlow and his gang. He's got glasses that get broken half the time, braces (braceface), and he's just an overall dork. You envy him even though his head gets dunked into the toilets. You could do without the head dunking into the toilets. He's practically invisible to everyone but you and his best friend Steve. You honestly just wanna be invisible.

It's the end of the football game. James was forced to go with his little sister who's just an 7th grader who wants to experience a bit of high school. Brock thought it would be a great idea to hit on Bucky's younger sister and pick a fight with him. James was lucky enough to stand in between Rebecca and Brock and Jack Rollins before Brock and Jack did something unthinkable to his little sister.

"Hey, Brock," you said cheerfully and you have Thor Odinson, Sam Wilson, and Valkyrie Wilson behind you.

He spun around and you punched him in the jaw. Valkyrie and Thor are quick to sprint after Jack who's trying to getaway. Sam pushes Brock against the chain link fence and you looked at James who's got his arms wrapped around his little sister that's crying. You hand James your keys.

"Go to my car," you said. "I'll drive you both home."

He takes the keys and nods. He holds his sister tightly and leads her away. You are quick to get in Brock's face as they walk away.

"If you two fucking dare go near the nerd and his little sister, I will fucking end you. Everyone will turn on your asses and you'll just be a nobody with no power at all," you hissed. "I fucking run this school and this is your only warning, Rumlow. I will sick the whole football team on your ass and they won't let you get away."

You punched him in the dick and walked away. Sam dropped him and is quick to follow behind.

"Wow, Kamryn, I didn't know you had it in ya," Sam chuckled.

You grinned and said, "he's a fucking prick."

"Yeah no shit," Sam said. "That James has been picked on the moment he stepped into those front doors of this school—."

"And it's gonna change, Sam," you said. "I'm like the fucking Godfather of this school."

"You gotta stop with your fucking movie references," Sam said.

"Jesus, Kami, you and your movie references," Valkyrie said with her fists a bit bloodied and coming up behind you.

You roll your eyes. You get to your car and Bucky is in the back with Rebecca and he's holding her in his lap. You get into the driver's seat and Valkyrie takes shotgun. Sam gets into the back along with Thor. James hands you your keys back which you take. You start the car and start driving.

~~

On Monday, you find Rumlow pushing James into the lockers. You then of course started a whole rumor against Rumlow. It spreads like a wildfire. Whispers are spread everywhere and even with the teachers.

You soon find yourself in the cafeteria and can hear many talking about Rumlow. You take your tray and head to the table where James taping his glasses back together since Brock broke them during Chemistry. You sit across from him and he flinches hearing the tray drop to the table.

"It's alright, it's just me," you said and James looked up.

You see how grey/blue his eyes are and shit, you could stare at them all the time. Sam comes over and sits right next to James with brown paper bag that has his lunch that his mom packed.

"Oooo, my mama left me a note!" Sam squealed pulling out the piece of paper.

"Oh my god, such a mama's boy," Valkyrie teased sitting next to you.

"Well I'm her favorite, you street rat," Sam sassed.

"You fucking sewer rat," Valkyrie said.

"This is why mom doesn't love you!" Sam yelled.

Freshmen look over concerned. Upperclassmen all pretty much used to the two football player siblings yelling at each other in a loving way.

"MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS, FRESHIES!" Valkyrie hissed standing up.

You laughed genuinely and James smiled loving your laugh. Yes, he thinks that the Wilson twins are insane but at least they aren't Brock Rumlow and Jack Rollins.

"Jesus, freshmen think they're the shit when they aren't," Valkyrie said sitting back down. "It's like insane. They don't know when to mind their own business."

"Bunch of dumbasses," Sam said shaking his head.

"I had a fuckin' freshie tryin' to flirt with me last week," you said. "Loki slammed him into the lockers after and whispered, 'just fucking don't. Just don't.'"

Valkyrie laughed and said, "I remembered that! A sophomore was in shock that anyone due such a thing."

You looked at James and asked, "how's your sister? Rebecca, right?"

"She's alright," James said quietly.

"That's great man. Rumlow's a piece of shit," Sam said.

"I've heard that he's got the one ball and a tiny dick with erectile distinction," Valkyrie said.

The group laughed and even Bucky did.

"Man, I'd only see it for science ya know?" she said. "I'll probably laugh at it too."

Brock stomps over as the group continues to laugh and James puts his somewhat fixed glasses back on.

"You piece of shit!" Brock yelled gripping onto James by the collar of his shirt. "You think you can spread rumors about me!?!"

You stood up and said loud enough for everyone to hear, "how about I tell the whole school on how you tried to rape a 7th grader and then I punched you in the face? Oh that's right, a girl punched you in the face and that's how you've got that nasty bruise on your jaw, Rumlow."

There's gasps everywhere in the cafeteria and you said, "whoopsies, everyone already heard so I suggest you let my friend go before you embarrass yourself even more, Brock. You'll also probably wanna go with the Principal Heimdal."

He looks behind himself to see a very pissed off principal. He drops James and Sam grabs James by the shirt. He pulls him back onto the bench before falling to the ground. Heimdal takes off with Brock and you wave at him. You sit back down.

"Thanks," James mumbled.

"It's nothing man," Sam said placing a hand on James's shoulder.

Thor comes over and sits next to you.

"Our next topic of conversation should be about rabbits," Thor said and he pulls out a rabbit from under his shirt. "And how I stole one from Mr. Pym's classroom."

To be continued?