Devil - B.B.

You held your little one in your arms as he whimpered quietly. You're supposed to be at your husband's mansion letting him have his way with you but you yearned for the Devil's child. Your husband is the notorious mob boss, James Buchanan Barnes, or the Devil as most like to call him. You had sent your child away knowing that he couldn't be in a place that didn't have the love he needed. So he's living with Winifred and George Barnes, the Devil's parents. Now, they're very kind to you and you wonder how they would produce such a Devil like son. Rebecca Barnes is very sweet too and spitfire especially since she's a lawyer. She adores you even though your husband doesn't seem to.

You rock the four year old who had a very bad dream and woke up just as you came to the house. He cried into the crook of your neck and you wish you could take away all his pain. You knew his father won't be pleased with you but the phone calls aren't enough anymore. Tears streamed down your face as you know that you're fucked once you calmed down your child and go home.

Bucky on the other hand is scared shitless due to all the threats he's been getting against you and his child. He can't find you anywhere. He's tried your phone multiple times but you left your phone in your car and it's dead.

"STEVE!!" He screamed walking into the warehouse.

Steve came over and asked, "what?"

"I can't find Y/n," Bucky said quietly as the two walked to his office.

"Have you tried your parents place? Ya know her child is there," Steve whispered giving Bucky a look of 'how can you be so stupid?'

Bucky stopped and turned around. He immediately started running past his men. He doesn't give a damn if he knocks into them. He might not be great at showing his feelings and what not but the Devil does love you. His ways of showing his feelings disappeared when his first love died, Natasha Romanov. They weren't married let alone a official couple. It was hidden away that he slept with a woman that could kill him without a second thought. They couldn't have what he yearned for... a family.

Bucky had his driver race so fast to his parents house that a cop surely should've stopped the man but nobody would dare. He got to his parents mansion and he opened the front door. He walked in as your feet padded down the stairs softly as you carried his child who's wide awake. You tried your hardest to get him back to sleep but you know for a fact that car rides always made your munchkin fall asleep no matter what.

Bucky stopped taking in the sight. His little man is whimpering and you look at Bucky so scared reaching the bottom step on the grand staircase. He hated when you would look at him like that. It broke his heart. He doesn't know what to do about it anymore. It looked as if you were crying too. Once again it broke his heart.

"C'mon," Bucky whispered softly holding out a hand to you.

"Give me second, I'll put him back," you whispered and he heard the heartbreak in your voice.

"Nah, Doll, bring the little man," Bucky said.

You nodded going back to being his obedient wife. You followed him out and he opened the door for you. You carefully slide in. He closes the door and goes around the car. He gets in after opening the trunk and grabbing a dark grey fuzzy blanket. Jesse looks at his father and he's slightly shivering. Bucky of course puts the blanket over the both of you.

"Just drive around," Bucky said to the driver.

He scoots closer to you and puts an arm behind your head. He places his hand over Jesse's back and rubbed it trying to soothe his whimpering child.

"You tired?" He asked softly looking at his boy that's almost his exact copy but smaller.

Jesse nodded with tears in his eyes. Bucky held his hands out for him and looking at you for permission. He wishes he doesn't have to but then again he fucked up the relationship he had with you and his son. But he does know he should start acting better for the two of you cause he can't lose you two.

You hand Jesse over since your gut is telling you to. Jesse wraps his arms around Bucky's torso but his small arms can't even reach to Bucky's back. It melts both of your hearts seeing Jesse like that. You move the blanket so it's covering the three of you. Bucky puts an arm around your shoulders. You instinctively move closer to him and place your head on his shoulder as you look at your son. He's already drifting off to sleep and you're so tired.

"Sleep, Doll, I've got you," Bucky whispered.

He kissed your forehead softly. You feel yourself relax instead of always being so tense and so scared of the man you've compared to the Devil. You closed your eyes and put your hand over your son's back as Bucky moves the blanket over your shoulder. His arms are outside of the blanket which truly he doesn't mind. He just wants to hold the two of you. A hand goes over yours gently with the blanket in between. You soon fall asleep.

Bucky keeps his driver driving but at one point in the dark night he switched his driver. Steve took over driving since Bucky didn't trust anyone else to drive him and his family peacefully around in the dark. Steve smiles to himself seeing his boss/best friend finally being a family man that you and your son needed instead of being cold and heartless to the two of you.

Bucky surprisingly fell asleep with his head nestled on top of your head. He doesn't sleep much. Nightmares and what not plague his mind as he sleeps. This time he's dreaming of his son and the three of you swimming with dolphins and unicorns in Hawaii. He's very peaceful and content in his mind with you and his son in his arms.

~~~

As the break of dawn starts coming, Steve pulls up to a gas station and Jesse wakes up.

"I gotta pee!" Jesse announced.

Steve put a hand over his mouth to stop himself from laughing but it fails. Bucky wakes up to the announcement of having to go to the bathroom.

"Daddy, I gotta pee!" Jesse said grabbing his father's face.

Bucky nodded and sees that Steve pulled up to a gas station. Bucky carefully lets you out of his grasp and scoots over to the door with Jesse. He makes sure the blanket is covering you before he gets out with his son and Steve. Steve just laughs watching as the big bad mafia boss is leading the little boy in pajamas to the shitty gas station bathroom. Steve of course starts filling up the black armored Rolls Royce as you sleep peacefully inside.

The two boys stood side by side using separate urinals. But once done, the two head to the sink. Bucky washes his hands as Jesse just rests his hands on the porcelain. His father looks over shaking his head. He's quick to lift up his small boy and Jesse smiles in the mirror at his father as a quiet thank you.

"Wash your hands real good," Bucky said.

"I know," Jesse said matter of factly as he washes his tiny hands.

Steve spots the two coming out and Jesse is explaining his day to day activities and that one day he saw a shark— truly it was just a fish. Bucky is carrying him and listening to his kid's nonsense. He gets a look from Steve and he just tries not to smile. Bucky gets back into the car with Jesse and Steve finishes filling up the car. You're still asleep and Bucky just sighs looking at you. He's really fucked everything up between you and him. He's gonna change it especially for Jesse. He can't miss out on his son's life anymore.

To be continued?