Happy End (2)

~I do not own DC/MK~
********************

Twinkle twinkle little star...

Saguru froze. He recognized that sound. Kaito's ringtone. He knew Kaito set his ringtone as "Twinkle twinkle little star" piano instrumental. He didn't know why but he didn't ask. It probably had something to do with Kaito's messed up childhood.
The blonde looked at his brunette friend, seeing how he looked terrified and scared. Kaito doesn't want a phone call from someone specific.
Now Saguru was sure Kaito had a bad encounter with someone, not something.

'Who? Who scared you so much like this? Who did this to you? Who hurt you? Who broke you like this, Kuroba-kun..?'

"Y-you need me to answer that for you?"

The half-brit didn't know when or how he thought about saying that but it came out, and it didn't seem like a bad option, so he just went with it. After all, he was more than ready to face whoever did this to his friend.
At the magician's nod, he took the phone out of the boy's trembling hand and looked at the caller ID.

'Ahoko?'

Saguru looked at Kaito confused. Aoko is his best friend, so why? Why is he scared? Did they have a big fight? Or maybe..

"It's Nakamori-san, Kuroba-kun.."

Kaito looked up at the caller ID. It was indeed his annoying best friend, Aoko.
He relaxed and took the phone from the blonde's hand into his own slightly trembling one.

Accept

"BAKAITO!"

The voice was so loud that even though the phone was not on speaker, all the other 3 detectives heard it and covered their ears. Kaito didn't react though, he was used to her and her father's yelling. These two truely had the strongest lungs in Japan, and they used them to their fullest abilities with pride.

"What do you want, Ahoko?"

Kaito's voice sounded emotionless and plain, which cause the girl on the other line to pause for a second, then continue.

"Aoko had been calling for the past hour and you didn't pick up, AOKO WAS WORRIED!"

"Well, you don't have to worry, alright? I'm okay."

'I didn't pick up because I was scared it wouldn't be you, I'm sorry, Aoko...'

Again Kaito's voice sounded so off and emotionless so Aoko thought is would be best to leave it there.. But not without asking him one more question.

"Are you saying the truth, Kaito?"

"What do you mean?"

The magician's change of expression worried the rest of the group. The other three detectives shared worried glances but kept quiet.

"Are you really okay?"

And there came the question everyone wanted to ask, but kept quiet. Not because they were scared to ask, but because they knew the answer. Kuroba Kaito is not okay.

"..."

End call

Aoko gasped when she heard a small beeping noise, indicating that the call has ended.

'Bakaito...'

The girl really wanted to help her best friend, he was clearly not okay, but she was afraid she'd make him feel even worse. She knew Kaito doesn't like to make people worry about him, so him knowing that she is worried, really worried, will just make him feel even worse.

"Aoko will just pray that Bakaito will be okay soon..."

She said in a mere whisper. She didn't know how to help her magician best friend, but she hoped that the blonde detective, who had a secret talk with Kaito after school, is able to help him. She knew he was worried about the class clown too.

"Kuroba-kun.. Don't you think she'll get even more worried this way?"

"Yea, ya basically said ya're not okay ta her. I don' know tha' girl bu' she seems really worried about ya."

"Ah, right. That was Nakamori Aoko. Kuroba-kun's childhood and best friend."

"Nakamori? As in Nakamori Keibu?"

The blonde smiled down at the child.

"Yes, that's right. She is Nakamori Keibu's daughter."

Conan soaked in the information like a sponge. Everything was just so connected together and it all pointed at one thing.

Kid has been missing for 3 months.
Kuroba Kaito is not okay, and seemingly has been so for a while.

Kid is a magician.
So is Kuroba Kaito.

Kid could pass as his twin.
And so could Kuroba Kaito.

Kid knew everything Nakamori Keibu had in store for him.
Kuroba Kaito is Nakamori Keibu's daughter's best friend from childhood. It would make sense for Nakamori to ask Kuroba to check his traps set for Kid since he was a magician too.

Kuroba Kaito is the Kaito Kid. There are no doubts about it. He didn't need anymore evidence or proof. He didn't want to arrest Kid. Kid has a goal. He didn't know what goal that is, but he knew it is good. Kid is not a bad person. If fact, he sucked at being a criminal.

The chibi detective looked at his Osakan best friend. It looked like Heiji didn't figure it out yet. It was understandable though. Heiji didn't have as much encounters with Kid as he did.
Conan had questions though.

Why does the name Kuroba Kaito sound so familiar to him?

Why did Kuroba Kaito become Kid?

Does Hakuba Saguru know that Kid's identity is none other that his classmate?

What is wrong with Kuroba Kaito?

What is wrong with Kid?

He had questions, and he needed answers. Now.

"Kid."

The jolt Kaito's body gave as a reaction confirmed his deductions.

"Y-ya are KI-"

Saguru clasped both of his hands on Heiji's mouth, preventing him from exposing his friend's moonlight identity any further to more people.

"D-don't say it out loud you idiot..!"

The half-brit didn't know how Conan was able to conclude the magician's identity to be Kid and he didn't want to know. The child is scary.
Heiji tried to get the other blonde detective to let go of him and let him speak up but stopped once he saw the expression on the magician's face and the way his best friend looked regretful of his actions.

That was it for Kaito. It was his breaking point.

********************
Part 2 done~
Is this exciting so far?~
Looks like Kaito's pokerface is about to shatter~
Do you think he'll finally tell everyone what happened?
And who do you think did this to him?
So many questions! (≧∇≦)