Useless

~I do not own DC/MK~
(Sorry for not posting this in time! Exams are taking over my mind! Only one day's left though, so hopefully this won't happen again, at least until next exam season)
*********************

Morning light spread through Shinichi's room, making the detective wake up with a groan, not really appreciating the light shining itself in his face. He wasn't a night person, and he actually loved the sun and the morning breeze, but currently, he didn't feel like having what felt like a flashlight shine at his closed eyes.
Another groan escaped his lips when he realized that his favorite space heater was gone. Well, that was great.
Shinichi sat up and looked at the alarm clock that sat peacefully on the nightstand.

8:04 am

A small sigh escaped his lips, at least he didn't wake up that late, even though he'd forgotten to set his alarm clock to ring at 7:30 am. It was kind of a miracle because he slept at 1:00 am the night before. He stayed up the whole night solving a case, and right when he was done, he was forced to sleep- well, not really forced. He was just dragged to bed.
Well, that didn't really matter right now, what mattered was coffee, and finding his space heater. But first, coffee.
As Shinichi walked down the stairs, he smelled something. It wasn't a gross smell, it was actually pretty pleasant.
The scent got stronger and strong the more he got closer to the bottom of the stairs, and soon enough, he realized what it was, his beloved black coffee.
Well, that meant that he had his coffee AND his space heater waiting for him. A small smile tugged at his lips. So this day wasn't really as bad as he thought it'd be.
.
.
.
Kaito watched his beloved detective drink his coffee with half lidded, tired eyes. Last night's heist had been very tiring. He loved adrenaline, so it felt annoying to have it all drained out of his body.

"Did you have breakfast already?"

Kaito blinked. He couldn't even remember if he did or not. He probably didn't though. His stomach felt empty, so he shook his head in reply.
The other sighed and set his mug down before reaching and ruffling his boyfriend's hair gently.

"You didn't get enough sleep last night. Go back to bed."

Kaito looked up at the detective with wide eyes, looking almost offended.

"B-but you don't have work today! Who'll entertain you if I'm asleep?!"

Although Kaito tried to make his voice sound strong and firm, it came out as weak and tired. Yup, he really did need some extra hours of good sleep.
A small but very audible gasp escaped the magician's lips when he felt himself being scooped up.

"S-Shinichi..!"

Shinichi looked down at the whining magician. He actually looked pretty cute with that little pout. He looked back up to hide the little blush that started to creep up on his cheeks.

"Shut up and sleep."

Kaito groaned but slowly started sinking into Shinichi's arms, letting the warmth and comfort devour him. Indigos fluttered close as sleep overcame the magician.
.
.
.
Shinichi laid his magician down on their shared bed and covered him up with his favorite fluffy blanket. The detective admired his boyfriend's sleeping form, watching quietly how his chest went up and down as he snored softly. Kaito only snored when he was in deep, long wanted sleep. It was the right decision to force the magician on going back to sleep.
An evil yet playful smirk tugged at Shinichi's lips.
His hand reached for his phone and-

Click!

He was gonna save that photo for future humiliation.
.
.
.
The detective sat down on the couch and stared blankly at the ceiling. He had to admit, it felt pretty boring without Kaito. It was quiet, boring, and he had nothing to entertain himself with. He had no cases to solve, no one to talk with, no new book to read, he had absolutely nothing to do.
What can he do?
Draw? Nope. He was absolutely horrible at that.
Dance? Hell no.
Write a story? Nope. His father was an excellent writer, but he wasn't.
Look up mysteries on the internet and solve them? Nope. They're all too easy.
Cook or bake something? Nope. He absolutely sucked at it.
Handcrafts? ... Maybe- No wait, hell nah.
An annoyed sigh escaped his lips. Now that he thought about it well, he really couldn't do anything other than solve mysteries and drink coffee. He couldn't even make people laugh. It was actually a very depressing thought to think about. It made him feel useless. He envied Kaito. The magician could do magic, was an excellent comedian, and could come up with hard, poetic riddles at any time he wanted. Kaito was talented, he wasn't.

'Am I really that useless?'

His lips curved into a sad smile. He'd never really had the time to think that way before. He wanted to change that. He wanted to become useful.
His eyes darted over to his phone's screen, wanting to see the time.

9:30 am
18°C
Wed, 21 June

Shinichi blinked. He felt like he'd missed something. His eyes darted over the text his phone showed him for the second time.
His eyes widened in realization.
21 June.
21 June!
It was Kaito's birthday! How the hell did he forget about it?! Was he really that bad of a boyfriend?!
The detective stood up frantically and ran out the door, grabbing his keys and wallet in the process.
He was worried that he wouldn't be able to find a good gift for Kaito before the magician woke up, but at the same time, he was excited. He finally had something to do. He wasn't just gonna lie uselessly on the couch anymore. He had a task, and that was to make his beloved boyfriend happy.

*******************
Part 2 coming soon~
Again, I'm really sorry for not posting this yesterday (╯︵╰,)
I'll do my best so it won't happen again :)
Today, I cut my thumb cuz I was watching a mukbang video while cutting tomatoes
It burned like hell ಥ‿ಥ