Useless (2)

~I do not own DC/MK~
*********************

Shinichi ran frantically from one store to another, struggling to find a good gift for his boyfriend. He knew Kaito would wake up soon due to his restlessness and love for adrenaline. It's already been two hours, there was no way Kaito would stay asleep for another hour.
Shinichi had to be quick, he didn't want to disappoint his love.
The detective's azure eyes darted through all the items the store he was currently in had. Nothing caught his eyes, not even the Kid merch. Kaito deserved more and better than that.
The detective ran through every aisle in the store, scaning the rows for anything that might suit his love's taste, for anything that would make him happy.
.
.
.
As Shinichi walked into the 10th store, he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. His body froze, already assumptions already floating around in his head about who might be calling him. He slowly and reluctantly reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone. Anxiety combined with the irritating buzzing of his phone made his hand shake pathetically. His hand lifted his phone up to his face, the bright phone screen screamed at him to look at it and read what was written, so he did.

Hattori is calling.

An exaggerated sigh of relief escaped his lips as he walked more calmly, yet still hurriedly into the store and accepted his best friend's unexpected call. There had been tons of missed calls from Heiji, which he probably never heard or noticed because of how anxious and in a hurry he was. There was a small possibility that if he didn't answer now, he'd have to deal with the other detective's continuous complains later, so he better do it now.

"KUDO, WHERE DA HELL HAVE YA BEEN?! WHY WEREN'T YA ACCEPTING MY CALLS?!"

Shinichi almost let out as amused chuckle but avoided it and instead focussed on the various items that sat peacefully on the rows. The items were well organized, and Shinichi almost went up to one of the employees to thank them for organizing the items so well. It made his job a lot easier and faster.

"Sorry, I'm a little busy right now."

Heiji's face boiled with anger.

'Sorry?! Is tha' all he has ta say?!'

The Osakan honestly thought his best friend was dead or something, and almost had a panic attack if not for Shinichi finally picking up the call in the last second.
An annoyed but relieved sigh left his lips.

"Whatever. What are ya so busy with anyways?"

Shinichi blinked as he scanned one of the items.

"Today's Kaito's birthday and I-"

"Ya forgot ta get him a gift so now ya're goin' everywhere lookin' for a good gift."

Shinichi sweatdropped. He expected Heiji to cut him off only say what he was about to say but he didn't really expect everything to be said in such a playful and all knowing tone.

"Bingo."

A light feeling of satisfaction came over Heiji as he flopped back down onto his bed.

"How many stores have ya visited so far?"

"I'm currently in the 10th."

Heiji chocked on his own spit.

"The 10th?! Holy fuck Kudo, ya're love sick."

A faint blush crossed over Shinichi's cheeks and his grip tightened on the item he currently held.
He took a deep breath to calm down.

"Look, if you don't wanna help, then I'm hanging up."

Shinichi knew his best friend was welling to help and was just trying to light up the mood, he just didn't really have the time for that shit right now.
He heard Heiji sigh and sit up on the other side.