Cuddles

~I do not own DC/MK~
********************

Shinichi smiled lovingly at his magician, who was asleep on their bed with his doves surrounding him and cooing softly, as if singing him to sleep.
The detective sat down on the bed next to the sleeping magician and just admired the sleeping beauty in front of him. He couldn't help but start stroking the other's soft, brown locks.

"Why are you so beautiful?"

He planted a small kiss on his boyfriend's forehead and chuckled silently when the doves started lightly pocking the magician with their beaks, trying to give him a kiss too. This resulted in a small shift from the magician's body.
Shinichi laid down on the mattress next to Kaito and gently wrapped an arm around his shoulders, pulling the both of them closer, the act resulting in a few of the doves flying away.

"So cute."

He brushed the magician's bangs away from his forehead, wanting to get a better look at the beauty that he was proud to call his.

"So precious."

He started peppering Kaito's face with love kisses, being as light and gentle as possible to not wake his magician up.

"So pure."

He pulled the magician closer and burried his face into his shoulder. Kaito, sensing his partner's warmth, snuggled closer to Shinichi and hummed softly in relaxation. Shinichi looked down at his magician.

"You awake, Kai?"

Indigos blinked open and met sapphires. For a moment, Kaito felt lost. Lost in his detective's blue orbs.

"Shin-chan..."

Shinichi smiled.

"Yes?"

Kaito pouted and groaned in a childish manner.

"Cold.."

Shinichi chuckled. He knew the magician wasn't actually cold. It was the middle of summer. This was just his way of indirectly asking for something.

"How about hot-cocoa then?"

Kaito's face lit up and he burried his face into the crook of Shinichi's neck, nodding eagerly.
Shinichi chuckled.

"Kai, I can't make us hot-cocoa when you're holding onto me so tight like that."

Kaito giggled and released his detective from his tight grip.
Shinichi sat up and stroked the magician's cheek.

"I'll be right back."

Kaito blushed when his detective leaned in closer and pecked his lips softly.

"Okay~ And don't forget the marshmallows!~"

Shinichi laughed.

"Of course. I won't forget your marshmallows, Kaito."

And with that, the detective left to go make the both of them some hot-cocoa, skipping any sugar, milk, or marshmallows for his mug.
Kaito looked at his dove Heart-chan.

"Shin-chan is the best, you know?"

The dove cooed.

"Of course you know, Heart-chan~"

He lightly scratched the dove's head. She closed her eyes and cooed softly at the touch.

"I really don't deserve him."

Heart-chan opened her eyes.

"He's too good for me."

Heart-chan rubbed her head against her master's palm, attempting to comfort him.
Kaito sighed.