Happy End (3)

~I do not own DC/MK~
WARNING: BLOOD. KILLING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ⚠⚠
********************

The three detectives didn't know what to do. They watched silently as the magician in front of them balled his eyes out into his hands.
Conan felt the most guilty out of all three, he saw how fragile the thief was but chose to ignore it for the sake of his damned curiosity.

"K-Kid, I-"

"No! Don't call me that! Kid is bad! I'm Kaito! My name is Kaito! Kaito!"

Kaito continued to cry and cry harder, ignoring all the sympathetic looks he got from people passing by.
Saguru frowned.

'Kid is bad? But Kid is harmless.. If Kuroba-kun thinks Kid is bad, then probably whoever he had the encounter with, did something bad- No. Not just bad. Something horrible, and made Kaito believe that he was the one responsible for it. Who is it though..?'

Saguru was sure his deduction is correct, now he just needed to know who's responsible for the crime.

"Kuroba.."

The blond detective was pulled out of his trian of thoughts when he heard the Osakan call out his classmate's name. He looked up from his shoes and saw the other detective soothingly rubbing up and down the magician's back.
He decided to join in. He took a seat on the other side of Kaito and gently pulled him into a warm embrace.
Saguru had his classmate in a firm grip. He really didn't want to lose Kaito. Kaito was the only friend he had. He'd fall into deep depression if anything happened to the small bundle of joy that came to brighten his once dark, dull life.
Conan watched with guilt piling up in his stomach.
He caused this.
Kid is not a bad person, he knew that.
So why?
How could he harm the innocent despite being a detective?
He looked down at the now melted triple chocolate ice cream that layed on the floor, bits of its waffle cone crumbled and some ants were trying to get the crumbs for their dinner.

'He dropped it because of me.. He seemed to really love it, it calmed him down once Hakuba offered it to him.. I should get him a new one later, with three scoops instead of two. And from his favorite ice cream place. I hope Hakuba knows what ice cream shop he favors.. Enough about ice cream, I need to find a way to apologize and see what's wrong so I could help him..!'

"C-Conan-kun.."

The chibi tantie looked up and his azure eyes met Kaito's indigo ones, which were still glassy from tears that threatened to fall, but he held them in. He noticed that Kaito didn't use 'Tantie-kun' like he usually did.
The magician really didn't want anymore connections with Kaito Kid..
Kaito patted his leg twice and Conan immediately understood that the magician wanted to be in the same position as before. He climbed onto the magician's lap and hugged him, making sure the hug was warm and gentle. The trembling magician wrapped one arm around his detective to assure him that he wasn't mad at him, held Heiji's hand in a tight grip with his free hand, and rested his head against Saguru's chest, who both he and Heiji had an arm wrapped around both of his shoulders.

"T-thank you, my great detectives.."

The three detectives shared happy glances, the magician finally stopped crying and shaking!

"I's no problem, ya're not a bad guy after all, we coul' be friends!"

Kaito nodded and showed a small smile that brought relief to all three great detectives.

"It's nothing, Kuroba-kun, but next time anything happens, you gotta tell me, or anyone immediately, ok? Don't wait until your emotions pile up like this."