Stuck

~I do not own DC/MK~
**********************

"He was gone since yesterday?"

Aoko nodded at her blond friend. It was true, Kaito went out to buy groceries and didn't come back. Saguru frowned.

"Does he do that often?"

Kaito was weird, him disappearing and reappearing at random times shouldn't be that worrying.

"Kaito wouldn't disappear without giving Aoko the grocery bag."

It had the essentials she needed to make dinner, that's why last night she and her father settled on instant ramen noodles when Kaito didn't come back.
Even if something really urgent came up, Kaito could've used his doves to bring her the grocery bag, he'd done it before.
Saguru nodded. He didn't know Kaito as well as Aoko did.

"We'll go looking for him together after school. If we don't find him, we'll ask the police for help."

Aoko nodded before walking over to her desk and sitting down, it was a good plan.
The school bell rang loudy, announcing the start of the first period.
The girl continued to stare balnkly at her book, not really paying any attention to the words written on its pages. All she could think about was her childhood friend.
She remember that time when they were little, Kaito went to get their ball which had landed far away when Aoko kicked it too hard, he didn't come back. They later found him and discovered that he'd fallen off a cliff and passed out. Kaito almost died back then. She couldn't help but feel the horrible sense of guilt. She was the one that kicked the ball too hard, thus she was the reason why Kaito went to get the ball...
The girl closed her eyes shut, she was the one who forced him to go out and buy groceries...
God, if Kaito was hurt again, she won't forgive herself.
.
.
.
Aoko started down at Kaito, annoyed. Why the hell was Kaito standing inside a drain?

"Bakaito, how did you get down there?!"

Kaito huffed as he did his best not to puke as he spoke, god it smelled horrible.

"Just get me out of here, Ahoko!"

The magician clinched his fist tightly around something small. It was dirty, it was also too important for him to let go of it. The grocery bag laid there next to his dirty foot, long forgotten. There's no way they're eat food that's fallen down the drain.
Aoko sighed.

"You'll be out soon, Hukuba-kun went to get help."

Kaito's blood chilled.

'Hakuba-kun? Fucking Hakuba?!'

Oh god that bastard won't let him here the end of it. He knew Saguru stalked him on a daily basis, so why the hell didn't he call the police on him already?!
He groaned under his breath when he caught sight of painfully familiar blond hair, with pink streaks as a result of one of Kaito's pranks.
Kaito honestly really thought he could become a hairdresser in the future if he really wanted to at some point.
A few men came with long rope and some other tools, a latter was too big to fit in the drain. The magician clenched his fists around rope, fingers still around the object he had in his hand, whatever happened to him after this, no matter how embarrassing it was, it would probably be worth it.
.
.
.
Aoko blocked her nose with her fingers once Kaito was out of the drain. God, he smelled and looked disgusting. Saguru on the other hand resisted the urge and refrained from doing the same thing as to not show disrespect, but God, he really wanted to.
Kaito looked away from the two, especially not wanting to meet Saguru's eyes.
When the tension became too much, the magician couldn't handle it, he just ran way, startling the other two.
He saw Ginzo on his way and the other tried to talk to him, but he continued running, not wanting to embarrass himself in front of his father figure too.
He ran and ran until he was in the safety of his own house. The magician ran straight to the bathroom, stripping himself off his dirty clothes and finally turning on the water. He couldn't wait to feel clean again.
.
.
.
"So, how did you call down the drain, Bakaito?"

Kaito huffed in annoyance when he saw both Aoko and Saguru sitting on his couch. He wanted to sit alone in the dark with a bucket of triple chocolate ice cream for a while after his very very long shower. Aoko sighed when her childhood friend turned away from them and walked over to the freezer. He was going to get his ice cream no matter what. As Kaito was opening the freezer, he felt a gentle tug on his arm. He turned around only to see Ginzo. The inspector was holding multiple bags of takeout.

"Eat first, Kaito-kun."

At the sight of take out, Kaito's stomach let out a loud growl, causing Kaito to blush. How much embarrassment was he supposed to handle today?
.
.
.
All four of them sat around Kaito's dining table as they ate. Kaito felt all warm and fuzzy inside as he ate, his dining table was rarely used, he prefered to eat on the sofa or bed. At this point the table was only really used when his mother came to visit, and she didn't visit very often.

"So Kaito-kun, what happened?"

Kaito bit down hard on his chopsticks, almost breaking them. Now it was Ginzo who was asking, he could just ignore the inspector like he did with Aoko and Saguru.
He looked down, trying to come up with a believable lie.

"I-I-"

"Wait, first, you have to thank Hakuba-kun, he was the one who found you!"

Kaito froze and looked up at the blond, who was still silently eating his food. Saguru found him? Oh God, now he felt obligated to thank the bastard. He sighed, a simple thank you shouldn't be too embarrassing.

"Thank you..."

Oh, that sickly sweet yet smug smile Saguru shot him.

"You're very welcome, Kuroba-kun."

Kaito ignored the reply, now it was time for the hardest part.

"So?"

Aoko's brow rose. It was true that the drain didn't have any sort of cover on it, but it was still surrounded by all types of warning signs. Surely someone could still fall in there by accident, but not Kaito. Kaito had enough balance and stamina to be able to catch himself before actually falling.
Kaito sighed, there was no escaping it.

"My favorite card fell down the drain."

Everyone stared silently at the joker card Kaito held up for them. Then they all started laughing, at him.
Kaito looked away, annoyed, but relieved that they actually bought the lie. He couldn't just tell them that his heist target fell down the drain, could he?

******************************
This was oddly hard to write 0.0
I fell down the drain once when I was little XP
I hope you enjoyed this thing~
Me: *has bronchitis* *takes meds for it*
Me: *does deep cleaning of house and inhales dust in the process*
Bronchitis: *worsens because of dust*
Me: Bronchitis meds are useless.
•~•