Moments

~I do not own DC/MK~
**********************

7:30 am

Saguru woke up with a groan and turned to turn off the deafening alarm clock. Normally, he'd wake up early just fine, but he stayed up the previous night working on a difficult case. He didn't get enough sleep, but if he wanted to keep up his sleep schedule, he'd need to wake up now so that he'd be tired enough to be able to sleep early at night. The blond turned his attention to the bird nest of hair that tickled his neck and smiled softly. Kaito had stayed up with him, saying he'd "feel bad" if he left him alone. He was honestly thankful, without Kaito's help and care, the case would've taken a lot longer to solve, it was one of the many reasons he was grateful to have Kaito.
The magician was still asleep, he looked tired. Kaito wasn't as good as Saguru was at waking up early after staying up all night doing an exhausting task.
The detective smiled softly as caressed right under Kaito's left eye with his thumb, the sunlight that entered the room through the window made the dark circles under Kaito's eyes visible. Saguru couldn't help but slowly lean closer to press a soft kiss on each of the magician's eyelids. Kaito gave a small shift in response, but didn't look like he was ready to wake up.
Saguru sighed as he slowly and silently slipped out of their shared bed, hopefully the magician would be awake by the time breakfast was made, it wouldn't do good if Kaito skipped the most important meal of the day. Saguru didn't feel like waking the magician up today, that usually turned into a cat fight, started by said magician himself.
The blonde gave Kaito's peaceful sleeping face one last glance before heading to the attached bathroom, he was going to make Kaito his favorite breakfast to show his gratitude.
.
.
.
8:40 am

Kaito woke up to the smell of his favorite chocolate chip pancakes. Indigos blinked slowly and tiredly as the magician sat up and tried to rub the sleep away from his eyes, he was still tired and he was tempted to just go back to sleep, but the aroma of the pancakes made him feel as if he was starving for days. He patted his tummy playfully when it let out a small growl, silently letting it know that he wasn't going to leave it starving for too long.
Kaito giggled softly, Bayaa was on vacation, which meant that Saguru was the one making breakfast. Saguru wasn't bad at cooking, he was far from that, the detective was just bad with knives and often made a mess, that's why whenever they decided to be cute and cook together, Kaito would do all the knife work needed and would clean up the mess they made as they went, these were the magician's main tasks, and he didn't mind doing extra work at all.
Kaito rolled to his boyfriend's spot on the bed and rested on his tummy as he hugged the blond's pillow and burried his face in it, God he loved Saguru's scent. The detective almost always smelt like the highest quality, fresh lemon tea, the smell made him feel like cuddling up with Saguru in some fluffy blankets with books and some hot chocolate on the side. Luckily for him, today was a day off from school so they could do that!... unless Saguru was called for a case...
Kaito pouted as he remembered their last day off, Saguru woke up to a call early in the morning and hurried off for a case, they didn't spend any time together until Saguru came back late at night to give him bedtime cuddles and kisses. Kaito silently prayed that that wouldn't happen today as he bounced of the bed and ran out of the room. God, the smell was making his mouth water.
.
.
.
9:00 am
Gold softened when Saguru felt a pair of arms wrap around him from behind, his Kaito was awake, and at the perfect time.
Comfortable silence settled down on them as Saguru tried his best to cut up some strawberries, they went well with chocolate. The blond blinked when there was soft chuckling against his shoulder.

"You don't have to cut up strawberries, we can just eat them the way they are."

Golden brown eyes followed Kaito as he moved to make some lemon tea. A small smile made its way to Saguru's lips. Kaito never really liked lemon tea, which meant that the tea Kaito was making was for him.
The blond set the knife down on the chopping board and washed his hands before going over and hugging Kaito from behind, just the way Kaito did with him a few minutes ago. Kaito's cheeks burned slightly when he felt a pair of lips press softly on the back of his neck.