Sudden Change (2)

~I do not own DC/MK~
*********************

Nakamori smiled down fondly at his magician, who was asleep on his couch, exhausted from jumping around all day. The inspector sat down next to the unconscious magician and gently ran a hand through the messy brown hair.
It's been approximately six months since Kaito was diagnosed with PTSD, and honestly, it wasn't really that bad. It was still Kaito, just a lot more innocent, though the magician sometimes did do stuff that a child wouldn't -shouldn't- do. It went from little things like looking through Saguru's case files, which were sometimes very violent -"I wanna see what stresses out my Sagu-chan so much!"- to saying dark, twisted stuff -"When I die, it'll only be a matter of time until people forget about me, so why are you telling me to be careful when playing?"- to unacceptable,yet unstoppable self harm -"What do you mean I'm hurting myself?! Don't you think my wrist looks pretty with the red? I'm an artist!"-.
Nakamori sighed sadly as he caressed the bandages that wrapped around Kaito's wrist. It has always been Saguru's job to change and put on new bandages when ever it happened, and he did a pretty good job at it. The bandages rarely ever fell from the magician's wrists.
Nakamori blinked as he saw a flash of indigo appear, then disappear right the next second. A chuckle escaped the back of his throat.

"Kaito, I know you're awake."

A few more chuckles escaped when the inspector noticed how disappointed Kaito looked knowing that he was caught. It was adorable.
Although Kaito getting PTSD had a lot of down sides, it had some positive effects.
1, the magician didn't know about the Kaito Kid anymore -forgot about his mission-.
2, he wasn't scared of fish anymore.
3, it was easier to know what bothered the magician, he'd tell them straight away if he was asked about it.
The positive effects are very few, but they were enough to make everything easier to cope with.

"How did you know?!"

Kaito sat up and crossed his arms in a childish manner. This was nothing new. Typical Kaito. Nakamori pocked the other's forehead lightly, causing the other to fake a pained "owie!".

"A little birdie told me."

Kaito huffed and pouted. He knew it wasn't true, but he wasn't really that interested in knowing anymore. Right now, he wanted something else.

"I wanna draw!"

Nakamori raised a brow at the childish magician before pointing at the clock that hanged elegantly on the wall.

"You wanna draw at 12 am?"

Kaito got up and ran to the drawer where he kept all his crayons and paper.

"You're awake at 12 am, so why can't I be awake too and spend my time drawing?"

Nakamori sighed. The cheeky brat did have a point. Why was he awake at 12 am anyways? He had work the next day.
He lay down on his side and rested his head on the couch cushions, facing the spot Kaito claimed as his when he sat down and laid his supplies one by one of the carpeted floor.
Kaito prefered to draw a lot more on the uncarpeted part of the floor but the inspector had told him not to since it was winter and the floor was freezing cold. Kaito obliged. He wasn't a bad boy, and he didn't wanna be one.
Nakamori smiled fondly when Kaito started scribbling all over his paper. His eyes slowly fluttered close. He knew the magician would come and somehow manage to fit himself next to him on the couch and fall asleep when he becomes tired. It happened pretty often and Nakamori would occasionally wake up in the process, but it didn't bother him. All it did was reassure him that Kaito was in his arms and safe.
.
.
.
Kaito looked up when he heard quiet snores coming from the couch. His inspector -father- was asleep. He giggled and carried on with his drawing.

'Another night away from the monsters~'

He hated the monsters that came to him in his sleep. Why wouldn't they just let him sleep in peace?!

Click!

Kaito's head snapped towards the unexpected sound. His shoulders slowly untensed when he saw Aoko -his sister- with what looked like a glass in her hands. She giggled silently.

"Sorry, did Aoko distract you?"

The magician pouted and nodded. He really didn't appreciate it when anyone or anything distracted him from his work, whether it'd be drawing, preforming, coming up with new magic tricks, cutting his-

"Sorry, Aoko didn't mean it."

Kaito nodded and smiled as he saw the girl pick up another glass, the same click from before replaying as she did so, and fill it with chocolate milk. The magician held out both hands eagerly, waiting for his chocolate milk, which he got soon when Aoko came and sat down next to him. She giggled and took a sip of her own water filled glass as she saw how the magician seemed to be gulping the entire thing down in one go.

"Slow down, Bakaito~"

Kaito set his glass down with a small groan. He really wanted to finish his chocolate milk. Anxiety and embarrassment hit him when he caught Aoko staring at his unfinished drawing. She blinked in confusion.

"What is this Kaito?"

She knew what it was, she just didn't know what it meant. It was a whale with wings.
Kaito stuttered a little but finally managed to get his words down correctly.

"W-well, don't you think everyone has the right to fly?"

Aoko blinked before giggling silently and petting blushing Kaito on the head.
.
.
.
Nakamori's eyes fluttered open but closed again as soon as the morning light hit them. He groaned slightly as his eyes adjusted to the seemingly blinding sunlight. It was morning already? It felt like he just fell asleep minutes ago!
The inspector felt something tickle his neck and chin. He chuckled silently, knowing what -who- it was. He looked down and was surprised to see not only Kaito but also Aoko both asleep on his body.
At first, he thought it was adorable, but then he notice the fact that he was late for work and was completely pinned down to the couch by his own kids. Oh, what has he done to deserve this?

********************
Part 2 of this whole mess~
I felt like I needed to talk more about the Nakamori's in this thing so I thought, why not make a part two?!
It was really fun to write ^~^
The idea of the winged whale actually came from a watercolor drawing that I did irl a few days ago, just without the wings~

********************Part 2 of this whole mess~I felt like I needed to talk more about the Nakamori's in this thing so I thought, why not make a part two?! It was really fun to write ^~^The idea of the winged whale actually came from a watercolor d...

I added in the wings cuz, ofc, Kaito's drawing needs to be more unique~