Comfort (1)

~I do not own DC/MK~
This first part is not too dark, don't worry~
**********************

For once Saguru was not engrossed in a Sherlock Holmes novel, instead he was slowly walking around, admiring the beauty the nature that surrounded him. Kaito had told him about this place. He said that it was the best place to relax in peace, maybe even meditate for a good while, that was just what Saguru needed at the moment. After solving a complex murder case, he'd usually just go back home to sleep, but 3 in the afternoon wasn't exactly the best time to take a nap, a long one at that, so he decided he'd give Kaito's little place a chance. It was quite far from his house, and the whole ride there, he kept hoping that this long ride wasn't for nothing, and oh boy it was so worth it. Saguru's steps were so careful, he didn't want to hurt a single leaf in that place.
The place wasn't too big, it was just large enough to take a good walk around, and small enough that you wouldn't get lost. Every spot was unique, so it was easy to know that you're not just spinning in circles.
The blonde took in a deep breath, the air smelled of wet grass, in a good way, not the muddy way. It smelled and made him feel fresh.
After he'd had a good look around, he decided to look for a good spot under a tree and just lay down for however long it took both his mind and body to recharge.
Golden brown eyes widened slightly at the sight of a familiar male laying under one of the oldest trees in the place. He smiled and stepped closer. Kaito was sleeping. He was probably tired from running and jumping around all morning, the magician was in a very cheery mood when he last saw him that day. They hung out quite often since they got close. It was fun to be around the magician, even if the blonde knew for a fact that he was a wanted cirminal. Now that he got to know the other better, he was sure that he had a good reason behind it.
The sound of someone running caught his attention. He almost wanted to yell at the person for running. He really didn't want anything to get hurt in this beautiful place. The idea to yell at the person was out the window when he saw Aoko. The blonde snorted. She was probably here looking for Kaito. By the time she got to him, she was panting heavily. By the looks of it, she probably looked everywhere for Kaito. The guy was just troublesome sometimes.

"Good afternoon, Nakamori-san."

Once Aoko fought her breath, she regained her posture nd smiled at her blonde friend.

"Good afternoon, Hakuba-kun. You came here to relax?"

Saguru nodded. Aoko's smile turned a little apologetic.

"Aoko's sorry for disturbing you. She came here to take this Bakaito home for lunch since he often skips it, too busy with his stupid magic tricks."

The blonde chuckled at the look she had on her face while looking down at her sleeping childhood friend. It was annoyance mixed with fondness. She made that face quite often, he learned from the time he'd spent with the two of them.
The girl crouched down next to the sleeping magician and shook him awake.

"Bakaito, you're late for lunch! You promised Aoko to have lunch with her today! "

Kaito groaned and attempted to shoo his childhood friend away but failed and was forcibly pulled to his feet. He swayed a little, still not fully awake. His eyes hurt from the sudden sunlight hitting them. He almost fell when Saguru caught him. He looked up at the blonde and smiled.

"Thanks."

Saguru smiled back.

"Be more careful."

After a moment, Kaito managed to stand still with a bit of help from Saguru. He blinked, trying to get his tired eyes to focus. Aoko's eyes narrowed, she was still made that her childhood friend didn't forfill his promise to have lunch with her. Kaito read her expression perfectly and with ease.

"I didn't mean it, okay? You can just say that I'm a little late."

She groaned, but it made her feel better to think about it that way.

"Then stop being late for once, will you?"

Suddenly now Saguru's pocket watch was in Kaito's hand. The magician stared at it for a moment.

"It's only been an hour-"

"Only?!"

The blonde sighed. He sorta hated himself for what he was about to say, but he couldn't help it.

"More proof that you're Kid."

A loud, exaggerated groan escaped the magician's lips.

"Me pick pocketing you doesn't mean that I'm Kid."

Aoko watched the small, not so serious argument between the two. She was interested to say the least.

"Magicians don't have to learn how to pick pocket."

Kaito stuck his tongue out at the blonde, much to his annoyance.

"I learned it to mess with people, not to actually steal."

Saguru pinched the bridge of his nose, annoyed. There was no winning Kaito in this argument anymore. He'll just keep denying it and making up excuses. He'll just wait till he had an actual proof that Kaito won't be able to deny, then he'd win and proudly handcuff the bastard, then of course, force him to spill out his reasons.
Aoko huffed, distracting the two from each other and pulling their attention to her.

"Let's go now, Bakaito. Leave poor Hakuba-kun alone, he's trying to relax."

Then a complaining Kaito was dragged by his arm all the way back to Aoko's house, and Saguru finally had his peace.
.
.
.
After saying goodbye to her childhood friend, Aoko went up to her room and closed the door. She wanted some time to think alone.

'Hakuba-kun is a really good detective, and he's still insisting that Kaito is Kid...'

She stared out the window of her room, not really paying attention to whatever view it showed her.

'He's so sure of it...'

That was it. Kid was having a heist tomorrow night.

"Aoko will confront Kid."

*****************************
Aoko is starting to become suspicious of Kaito (〃゚3゚〃)
Kid will have a tough heist~ (cuz I'm evil)
Prepare yourself for the darkness in the next part (*´﹀'*)
Please don't hate me, I love y'all ( *¯ ³¯*)
The idea of the place Saguru and Kaito go to came from the park I go to irl to relax~
It's so beautiful (๑´ㅂ'๑)
Perfect to get away from people.
People are toxic, you can't tell me other wise
It's also mostly empty so I don't have time worry about dem corona shit (눈‸눈)