King

(Ok, so, it's 12:21 am here which means it's already Sunday and I couldn't resist posting this, so here)
~I do not own DC/MK~
~Nonromantic Kidcon~
*********************

The chibi detective watched as the laughing thief ran away, once again successfully stealing tonight's heist target elegantly and effortlessly.
Normally, Conan would chase after the mischievous thief and kick him away with a soccer ball then force him to return the jewel but this time, he didn't feel like it.

'It's not worth it anymore.'

He turned around and left the heist location.

The magician under the moonlight offered the jewel up to the sky.

'Not it, again..'

He lowered his hand and looked down at the precious gem with disappointment and sadness. Oh well. Nothing new.
Kid looked behind him. He frowned when he noticed that his Tantie-kun was not there to take the jewel back from him.
His Tantie-kun was acting really weird. He didn't make any attempt to expose him and his tricks, he didn't try to solve his riddles, he didn't chase after him or kick him with a soccer ball.

What's wrong with his Tantie-kun?

Kid sighed and opened his handglider.

'I should pay him a visit..'

The phantom thief jumped off the roof and flew away, writing down a mental note to visit his Tantie-kun after returning the jewel.
He really wanted to check up on the chibi detective right away, but he knew it would be better to give him sometime to rest after the heist.
His Tantie-kun looked tired, and he would probably go angry and push him out of the window if he saw the thief's face right after coming home from the heist.
.
.
.
After sliding the jewel into Nakamori Keibu's mailbox, Kaito looked up to the sky and sighed sadly, remembering how tired and malnourished Conan looked during the heist, and how much worried looks he got from people.

'Tantie-kun...'

Kaito started running. He couldn't wait anymore. He had to make sure the detective was okay. He needed to make sure he was okay.

'You better not be dead when I-'

The magician stopped mid running and looked to his right at a specific store that surprisingly, even at 11:12 pm, still had its sign on the 'opened' side.
Kaito blinked twice in thought.

'Maybe if I...'
.
.
.
Conan tossed and turned on the soft mattress. It's been an hour since he layed on the futon and he was still unable to sleep.
Right after coming back from the heist, he went straight to his shared bedroom with Kogoro, changed into his pj's and fell onto his futon. Sadly for him, it was another night of continuous insomnia.
Kogoro was out drinking again so he was all alone in the room.

'When will this ever end..?'

The detective reached for his phone and checked the time.

12:07 am

Conan's grip tightened on his phone and he gritted his teeth in anger.

'I try and try but my efforts never pay off. What's the point of living and trying when I'll never be back to normal?!'

A gloved hand held his wrist in a firm but gentle grip from behind him, stopping him from throwing his phone onto the floor and shattering it to pieces.

"Tantie-kun.. I know you're sad and stuff, but I'm also pretty sure it's not the poor phone's fault. No need to be mean to it, you know?"

A small gasp escaped Conan's lips. He pulled his wrist back and turned around, his azure eyes met pure white. He lifted his head and was able to see the small smile that played on the thief's face. He immediately frowned in frustration and confusion.