Friend

~I do not own DC/MK~
*********************

"Kaito."

The magician looked up at his blond friend from his position on his bed. Saguru had the key to his house, like Aoko did, but he wasn't expecting a visit from the blond. Thank god he didn't walk in on him doing something weird. He was just trying to take a nap.

"Saguru?"

The detective sat on the bed next to his friend, and seeing the serious look on his face, Kaito sat up. Before the magician had the chance to say a word, Saguru spoke.

"We need to talk."

Indigos blinked and the magician tilted his head. It must be serious if the blond wanted to talk face to face instead of just through the phone.

"Talk about what?"

He asked, curious. Golden brown eyes eyed the magician for a few seconds before a hand suddenly reached out and grabbed him by the wrist. A gasp of surprise escaped the magician, he tried to pull away but it was no use, the other had a strong grip on him.
Seeing the panic in his friend's eyes, Saguru loosened his hold before scooting closer to him. His hand left the magician's wrist and went to his shoulder, giving it a small squeeze.

"Look at me, Kaito."

Kaito looked up, but his eyes were trying to look anywhere else but Saguru's eyes. The detective gave Kaito's shoulder another small squeeze and pulled him closer, the magician visibly tried to scoot away.

"Kaito."

At Saguru's firm tone, Kaito finally met Saguru's eyes. The blond's gaze was soft as he eyed the magician for a second before speaking again.

"You know I can tell when something is wrong, right?"

He said softly as his other hand went to hold Kaito's. The magician smiled nervously at his friend.

"What are you talking about, Sagu-chan? There's nothing wrong."

Saguru sighed at his friend's response. His heart ached, why wouldn't Kaito tell him when something was wrong? Did he not trust him? They were best friends now...
Kaito's heart beat picked up the pace as he felt Saguru's thumb slide up under his sleeve. Saguru could feel it, he knew that.
The magician gulped, unable to move when he saw Saguru's eyes wandering down to look at his now exposed wrist.
The detective's eyes narrowed at the sight, he only saw less than half of it, he didn't expect it to be this bad. He gently dragged his thumb over each one of the cuts, some were old and others were still recent.
He hated them, all of them, and wanted them gone as soon as possible.

"Kaito?"

The magician hesitantly replied.

"S-Saguru I just-"

"Don't give me excuses."

Kaito flinched at the harsh tone. He looked down, not wanting to meet the other's gaze. He heard a soft sigh before he was pulled into a warm embrace.

"Just tell me what's wrong, Kaito. Tell me what's bothering you."

Indigos burned as the magician returned the hug and snuggled into the other's warm embrace.
Soon, Saguru felt wetness on his shirt, his friend shook with silent sobs in his arms. His hand reached up to rub soothing circles on the other's back, he hated seeing his friend cry, but he knew that Kaito needed it.
Kaito had been his shoulder to cry on for as long as he could remember, so he was going to return the favor.

After a while, the magician's crying died down and he went to wash his face. Saguru waited patiently for his friend to return, he knew that Kaito wouldn't run away, Kaito wasn't scared, he was just hesitant.
Once Kaito was sitting by the detective's side again, Saguru gave him a reassuring smile before he had both of Kaito's hands in his, his thumbs gently rubbing over the cuts on his wrists in soothing circles.