Mocha Coffee

~I do not own DC/MK~
**********************
It's been a while •~•
Don't worry, I'm coming back light~
-----------------------------------------------------------

Shinichi sighed as he walked back home from a case he just solved. Why do murders keep chasing him everywhere? What did he do? It wasn't fair. Sure, he liked solving cases and putting criminals behind bars, but that didn't mean that he liked seeing people suddenly drop dead in front of him in the middle of the day. Especially if it was in a place like a park, where there were kids around.
The detective shivered, his arms wrapping around himself to protect him from the cold. It was late at night, it was snowing, it was windy, and he didn't have his coat anymore. The stupid criminal ruined it by ripping it apart and setting it on fire to scare people. Shinichi scoffed, as if that was going to stop him from kicking the idiot in the gut and knocking him out. No way.

×

Tired azure eyes scanned the place, they widened. Shinichi didn't realise he'd walked into a coffee shop. The strong smell of roasted coffee beans probably pulled him in but how did he not even realise that he walked in and sat down? The teen sighed, did he already order something? He probably did since none of the people working were coming to him, but he still wanted to make sure. Maybe they didn't want to bother him because of how tired he looked.

"Excuse me."

Shinichi called softly to a waitress who was passing by. She stopped, smiling at him.

"Yes?"

His eyes softened, the waitress's tone held some hidden concern. Did he look that bad?

"Did I already order something?"

The brunette woman nodded, a little more concern showing on her face.

"You did. Black coffee, no sugar, no milk, no cream, right?"

It was hard to hide her frown, did the strange customer seriously not remember walking in and ordering? He did look like he was tired and a little out of it, but still... it was concerning to say the least.

"Yes, that's my order. And don't worry, I'm okay. My day was exhausting, that's all."

Shinichi reassuringly smiled at the waitress, which had her smile back at him.

"I see. I hope the coffee helps you feel better."

She said with a small bow before turning to serve a couple who just walked in and sat down together.
The sleuth sighed softly as he rested his chin on his hand, he'll surely feel better once he got his coffee, the smell that flowed through the small shop was promising, really promising.

Shinichi closed his tired eyes as he enjoyed the warmth that the place provided. He dreaded going outside again after finishing his coffee, but sadly, he couldn't just stay. He let out a small, barely audible groan, it annoyed him to no end how some criminals would do anything to get away with their stupid crime, even after they've been caught. It was kinda hilarious in a way, but it was still mostly annoying and highly uncalled for. Whatever, he should stop thinking about it now, it was starting to cause him a headache. He really didn't need that right now.

×

The detective sighed as he left the coffee shop. His body shivered at the cold wind that hit him, again mentally cussing at the stupid criminal. At least he was caught now.