Chapter 13

~ Marshall's POV ~

I wake up and immediately feel that I'm alone in the bed. A strange feeling of loss is coming over me and I slowly open my eyes.

I can see Jenna standing by one of the big ass windows, looking out over the city who also is about to wake up.

The rising sun is shining on her so I can see her silhouette through the too large white t-shirt I gave her last night. Her long brown hair fell over her back and she more than ever looked like a wild creature from some mythological fairy tail. She is so beautiful.

I get up and slowly walks over to her.

"Jenna?" I say. I don't want to startle her, clearly her mind is somewhere else.

I stand behind her without touching her. My body aches of feelings towards her, but I restrain myself. She has to come to me. She has to make the first move because I don't want to smother her with my egoistic feelings for her.

She puts her chin on her shoulder looking back at me to give me a sign that she knows I'm there, but she makes no effort to touch me.

"Jenna, are you okay?" I whisper.

She suddenly turns towards me and puts her fingers over my mouth to silence me. She let her hand fall and lays it over my heart. With a stern look into my eyes she starts to talk with her husky voice.

"I'm sorry about yesterday but I can't talk about that now. I don't want to ruin our weekend more than it is".

"But I ..." I start but she interrupts me.

"No."

She looks so tired but yet so wonderful. Fragile but then again so strong. I place my hand over hers and holds it tighter to my heart. I just hope she can feel how much I care for her. I want her to know that my strong heart can carry the both of us.

She closes her eyes and leans in towards me. Her cheek against my chest and I hold her with my free hand like that for what seems to be the longest time. I lay my head on hers and inhale her summer rain scent. My feeling of coming home is back and I know deep in me that whatever happens between us, I will never forget this woman.

After what seems to be forever she peered up at me and gave me a little smile.

"You hungry?" she said and stroked the side of my neck.

I took her hand and brought it up to my lips. I kissed her palm and her wrist. I could feel her pulse enhance and I closed my eyes for a second. When I looked down at her I saw that my fairy was back. I guess she's been here the whole time, but the hard shield she puts up around her from time to time is necessary for her to stay alive.

She grabs my hand and we walk slowly to the living area of the suite.

"I call for room service" I said and we sat down on one of the big couches.

As the morning light came through the big windows we sat and hold each other while we waited. The silence between us vas comfortable and we rested safely against one another.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked her.

"What's your plans?" she asked me back.

"Hey I asked you first" I scold at her and smiled.

"Well, my answer to your question depends on your plans. I want to be with you, but if you're working I have to change that plan, right" she said reasonably.

"Yeah you're right, baby doll. Well I'm free until sound check around 5 p.m." I hugged her tight. "That gives us a lot of time to do what you wanna do".