Chapter 87

~ Jenna's POV ~

A couple of days later we had Hailie over to do some kind of a plan for the wedding. When she was done yelling, screaming and being hysterical over the near date we could sit down and discuss the guest list. She really wanted this to be a B I G wedding but both Marshall and I stopped her.

"Just the closest, Hay" he said and I nodded praying to her to hear his request.

"Jenna, talk some sense into him. Dad, it's your third wedding but it's Jenna's first" she said and gazed at the both of us.

"And last" Marshall said and kissed me while Hailie tried to get her voice heard.

"Hello, can you two listen for a sec?" she sighed but none of us had the wedding in mind right now. "Dad! For fuck sake!" she yelled and Marshall let me go and stared at her.

"No swearing Hay, you know that" he said and then he smiled at me.

"But listen then" she growled and Marshall and I straighten up and heard her out, still holding each other's hands smiling as fools.

Two hours later I was laying in one of the sunbeds in the back yard as Hailie still talked with Marshall, this time over the reception and what to eat.

"If you're asking Jenna you'll go for tapas because she can't make her mind up for one menu" he chuckled and looked over at me and I smiled back at him.

"Can you two stop being so adorable for a moment" she sighed but continued concentrated "Tapas is a very good idea actually" she hammered away at her laptop.

Another hour later I was woken up by a soft kiss at the lips. Marshall were standing over me smiling as I stretched out and shiver a little.

"She gone?" I asked and he smiled again and nodded. "I'm sorry but planning a wedding is more exhausting than I could ever imagine".

"Yeah but now everything is on a roll. You just need to decide about the dress and then there is the cake and the flowers ..." I put my hand over his mouth to silence him and he kissed my fingers.

"I can't think more of that today" I said as he sat down beside me and put a blanket around my shoulders. "Thank you Marsh" I said and he wrapped me in his arms. "Do you want to go inside?" I said but he shook his head at me and gave me a crooked smile.

"Just wait a little baby girl, I'm gonna show you something" he looked up at the sky who had start to pile up with heavy clouds.

"Marshall, we are going to get wet" I warned him but he just smiled. "What's with you today?" I asked and he kissed me softly and told me to wait again.

A couple of minutes it started to rain. A warn summer rain drizzled over us and I put the blanket over our heads to not get soaked.

"Now baby girl, inhale the fragrance" he said and draw a big breath through his nostrils.

I sniffed the air but I didn't understand what he was going for. I tried again but shrugged at him as I couldn't smell anything.

"Don't you feel it baby? It smells like you, summer rain. When we first met I had a thought of bottling up your fragrance and sell it expensive, then I decided to have you all for myself and your fragrance is all mine" he chuckled and sniffed my neck. "Yup just the same".

I tried again and sniffed out in the air but I couldn't sense what he was talking about. I even smelled on my arm and in my hair but still ... nothing.

"Are you joking with me?" I peered at him but he shook his head at me and smiled.

"You are my fairy" he said and put a string of my hair behind my ear after smelling it. "Maybe just average people can feel your fragrance, not beautiful angels". He smiled at me and kissed me again.