Chapter 32

~ Jenna's POV ~

I was nervous again by meeting Hailie. Marshall set us up to go shopping together and I didn't know how to act in this situation. I didn't like shopping and she loved it, I was always feeling claustrophobic in fitting rooms and don't even get me started at the odea of shop for someone else's money.

We met up in a fancy mall where I felt even more out of place. I had Sam with me and Marshall and given him a ton of rules to go by as we left. I didn't really recognize Marshall's behavior against Sam but when I asked Sam about it in the car he just shrugged and said that he didn't know what I was talking about. It was almost as they had a secret I wasn't getting in on, a secret Marshall didn't like.

"Hey there Jenna" Hailie smiled at me and gave me a hug. "Nice to see you again and let me just say that I'm really sorry over Whit's asshole acting against ya last time". She shook her head and she sounded sincere.

"Thank you, but it's okay. She's a teen right" I said and tried my best not to sound too nervous.

"So dad said you're going to dinner and that ya need a dress" she took me under my arm as she did last time we met and we started to walk into the mall.

"You know, you shall never just buy one dress, I mean I think a girl always shall have the right to change her mind in the last minute, right" she giggled and I started to loosen up a bit.

She's really nice and she has a perfect eye for what's suits me and not. She also seemed to know all the staff in the stores we went in to as they helped her to find what she was looking for.

Her phone beeped a couple of times and when she read the texts she smiled and got a shrewd look on her face.

"We need shoes too, what's your size" she said and disappeared behind some shelfs. "And a little bird told me you need a 'not too sexy' bikini too".

"Oh" I said and my face turned red in the memory of the pool day I had with Marshall. "Shoe size, I wear 5's."

"You really are a tiny person huh?" Hailie giggled a little and I looked down. "Hey" she said and grabbed my upper arms to get me to look at her. "Why are you so insecure of yourself? You are beautiful but that's not the only reason my dad's nuts about ya, you have a wonderful heart too".

Nuts, he's nuts about me? What has he been telling her about me? I blushed and smiled a little.

"Come on girl, let's do this" she said and turned to the salesperson and pushed me into the fitting room.

After three hours we finally were done. When we went to the checkout she made me go out of the store while she paid the clerk because she knew that if I heard the immense amount her dad's credit card would suffer I would bring everything back.

I knew that this was the most expensive shopping spree I've ever been on and I felt really bad over it. I didn't want Marshall's money. I didn't want to use him like that.

Hailie catch up on my feelings when we waited for Sam to get the car.

"Hey Jenna, what's wrong? She said and I could hear her concern.

"I just don't like to spend your dad's money. All this must cost a fortune" I nodded to the shopping bags at our feet.

"Listen, a fortune for you is not the same as a fortune for someone who never needs to think about how to get food on the table again. He could give you this kinda amount every day for 40 years and his account wouldn't even show for it, you know what I'm saying" she tried to make me feel better.