Chapter 44

~ Jenna's POV ~

I slowly came to consciousness and I immediately knew that I wasn't in Marshall's bed. My head was spinning and I felt as I could throw up at any second. My mouth was dry and my eyelids heavy and I started to feel worried. What happened yesterday?

I opened my eyes and looked around the room. I was definitely not at home this was a hospital room. I must have been in an accident or something like that. Oh God, where's Marshall? Is he okay?

I sat up and my head ached as if I had Thor hammering away in there. I saw a tube in my hand and then I saw him.

Marshall sat in a chair by me. His head on my bed and his hand in mine he was sleeping in an uncomfortable way. He must be totally exhausted the poor man. I stroked him over his hair and he stirred a little before he opened his eyes.

"Jenna! Are you okay?" he said and rose up and looked me over with worry in his eyes.

"I don't know I feel weird" I whispered with my hoarse voice. "I'm really thirsty".

Marshall pressed a red button and a nurse came in after a moment smiling at me.

"Good morning, Mrs. Mathers how do you feel?" I looked up in surprise at Marshall and he winked at me.

"I don't know, I'm kind of dizzy and my head hurts. I'm really thirsty and I need to go to the restroom" I whispered the last part.

"Do you know what day it is today?" she checked my temperature with a thermometer in my ear and pressed at my wrist to check my pulse.

"Well, it has to be Wednesday, I think" only three days to my trip home I sadly thought.

"That's correct, dear" she smiled and wrote something down in my journal. "I can help you to the bathroom if you like" she looked up at me.

"I ... I think that ..." I said and Marshall came to my rescue.

"I'll help her" he said and smiled at me.

"Good, Mr. Mathers, I'll go and get the doctor" she left us and I looked up at Marshall standing beside my bed, ready to company me to the toilet.

"I'm not going to the bathroom with you" I said shyly and he grinned at me.

"Oh yes you do, you heard the nurse" he started to take the duvet of me for me to stand up.

"Okay you can lead me there but then I need my privacy" I said as I stood up and felt how my legs shake under me.

He held me as I slowly walked over the floor to the rest room. He followed me inside and I looked at him with a stern stare and he smiled at me.

"Okay baby girl, I'll be right outside the door" he said and leaved me but he didn't shut the door.

"Marshall, the door?" I asked him.

"What about it?" He said.

"Close it please" I pleaded to him.

"Never baby, do ya thing now so I can take you back to bed" I could hear him smiling.

"You're impossible" I said quietly and smiled back and went ahead and did, as he said 'my thing'.

As I washed my hands I could feel his arms around me and his chin to my shoulder peering at me in the mirror over the sink.

"You scared the shit out of me yesterday, Jenna. Please don't do that again" he whispered and I locked eyes with him and felt his seriousness.

When I was back in bed the doctor came in and asked how I was feeling. The nurse gave me some ice cold water as I greedy gulped down. He explained that I had been dehydrated and wondered if I'd been doing something special yesterday.